DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with MS as I’m 37 days out from my next VGC stay over Valentine’s weekend. This was a follow up call to one I made on October 31, my banking deadline.

The CM I spoke with confirmed VGC cancellation through January 28th. I was told again that “if” VGC was still not open, my banked points would be extended to the end of May 2021 and 2020 points would automatically be banked. Just a note that these are points from one of my VGC contracts with a March UY for anyone in a similar situation.

I just got off the phone with MS as I’m 37 days out from my next VGC stay over Valentine’s weekend. This was a follow up call to one I made on October 31, my banking deadline.

The CM I spoke with confirmed VGC cancellation through January 28th. I was told again that “if” VGC was still not open, my banked points would be extended to the end of May 2021 and 2020 points would automatically be banked. Just a note that these are points from one of my VGC contracts with a March UY for anyone in a similar situation.
Thanks for this info. I’ve cancelled more reservations than I can count over the past year. I’ve got two out there now, one in April and one in May with banked pointe & a June UY. Nice to know there is possibility for not losing those points if for some reason it’s not able to open by then.

Not that I am surprised at all (who are we kidding, I was expecting it), my VGC reservation for 1/28 was cancelled. Looks like I could book 1/29 and later, but at this point, I assume those will be cancelled too. These points are banked Feb 2019 UY AKV points, so looks like those will be lost come 2/1. I tried hard to use them, but looks like those will be gone.

Will post in Speculation Thread too.

Thank you both for the updates. I have posted the new information on the first page.

My DVC reservation at GCH for 1/29 to 2/3 was cancelled this morning. Looks like you can still book 2/5 and beyond so seems like they moved to a 2 week rolling cancellation window as tomorrow would've been 14 days out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter