DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsom just said they were supposed to release the theme park guidelines last week and they decided not to. Also mentioned that Disney made the decision not to open in July (not just on the 17th). There goes my hope for my July 27th plans. At least we are next on the list when they have guidance.....
I've read through the transcript from yesterday's briefing (https://www.rev.com/blog/transcript...une-26-california-press-conference-transcript), but can't find where the gov. says this. He mentions Disney several times, but where did he say that Disney won't open in July at all?

I've read through the transcript from yesterday's briefing (https://www.rev.com/blog/transcript...une-26-california-press-conference-transcript), but can't find where the gov. says this. He mentions Disney several times, but where did he say that Disney won't open in July at all?
It’s at 41:28 -

We as well a few days ago talked about our appreciation to Disney and their willingness not to move forward with a July opening or reopening of their theme park.

But PPs may be attributing a level of precision to this statement that was not intended by the governor.

Thanks! Does this article mention a specific month/date, i.e. "Disney made the decision not to open in July (not just on the 17th)..."? I can't find that in the article.
I don’t find anything with a mention of a reopening timeframe or even guidelines timeframe.

Here is another article, which says no timeframe yet from the governor -

https://www.kget.com/news/state-new...release-of-coronavirus-theme-park-guidelines/
But a time frame for when those would be established and released is still unclear.

“We have delayed those guidelines,” Newsom said at a news conference Friday. “Disney, to their credit, recognized that and made that public.”

... But PPs may be attributing a level of precision to this statement that was not intended by the governor.
I don’t find anything with a mention of a reopening timeframe or even guidelines timeframe.

Here is another article, which says no timeframe yet from the governor -

https://www.kget.com/news/state-new...release-of-coronavirus-theme-park-guidelines/
But a time frame for when those would be established and released is still unclear.

“We have delayed those guidelines,” Newsom said at a news conference Friday. “Disney, to their credit, recognized that and made that public.”
I agree with both of you -- July is mentioned in many articles and in the transcript. But I can't find a specific quote where Disney or Newsom says officially that the parks won't reopen before the end of July. It may well be true (or not) -- but it would be helpful to have a quote or official source.

re supposed to release the theme park guidelines last week and they decided not to. Also mentioned that Disney made the decision not to open in July (not just on the 17th). There goes my hope for my July 27th plans. At le

From yesterday press conference transcript ----

"We as well a few days ago talked about our appreciation to Disney and their willingness not to move forward with a July opening or reopening of their theme park"

I wonder why they would use a helicopter and not a drone?
Bob Chapek doesn't think on such a small scale. The helicopter is probably the best choice right now seeing as how Space X's Starship is not yet ready to fly.:laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: EmJ
From yesterday press conference transcript ----

"We as well a few days ago talked about our appreciation to Disney and their willingness not to move forward with a July opening or reopening of their theme park"
Agree, as previously posted, that the transcript says that. But, as other posters have also noted, that isn't the clearest, most definite statement the governor could make about a possible reopening date/timeframe -- which doesn't help the people who are struggling with trip dates and airfare... again.
If someone finds an official statement from Disney about not reopening until August or later, i.e. absolutely not in July, please post here. Thank you!

This is FWIW and YMMV re park reservations. This is based on DL using the same system as WDW.

I booked our WDW stay and then scheduled our park reservations for the length of our stay. I'm speaking about the mechanics only (not availability) but it was really easy-peasy.

This is FWIW and YMMV re park reservations. This is based on DL using the same system as WDW.

I booked our WDW stay and then scheduled our park reservations for the length of our stay. I'm speaking about the mechanics only (not availability) but it was really easy-peasy.
I’ll agree once the system let me and then once Iet me book more than 3. The system was very user friendly once in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter