DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?!? I will be mad as heck if that is the case.
Just what I have seen posted via other members convos with CMs. They did put out the original options back in April-ish, and at some point they probably need to make the decision in order to know what their liabilities are. Either way, I would give the AP line a call asap.

Word on the street is that you need to call no later than today to get that sorted, just a heads up.

Well I called and spoke with 2 CMs (got interrupted with the first one, who was super awesome) and both confirmed this is not the case, although the second person I spoke with did mention that it would be a good idea to call in before the APs expire.

Well I called and spoke with 2 CMs (got interrupted with the first one, who was super awesome) and both confirmed this is not the case, although the second person I spoke with did mention that it would be a good idea to call in before the APs expire.
I posted this in the Flex Pass thread today: I just got off the phone with the AP line. I only waited around 2 minutes and was completely shocked to get through so quickly! Here is what the CM said: all fully paid pass-holders do *not* need to call if they want the extension. It will extend by default. If you want the partial refund, you just need to call before the park re-opens. (this does not apply to monthly payment passholders--I didn't ask what their procedure was)

Is there anywhere reputable one can still buy tickets for Disneyland? I know the opening has now been delayed again, but eventually to be able to use the park reservation system I assume priority will be given to those with an AP or active tickets. I would just like to be prepared/have peace of mind for the future. Some markup is fine at this point, just want to know if there are even options.

We have a hotel reservation (that we will move again), but I'm not confident that will be enough to get into the park without existing tickets. Based on how the other properties are handling it I imagine Disneyland itself might not sell new tickets or APs until 2021, and we were hoping to this year whenever they end up reopening.

Your local chain grocery store *may* have some, if they weren't pulled when Disney stopped selling them. Otherwise, I believe most of the typical places (like travel agencies, and discount providers and such) all stopped selling them shortly after Disney stopped selling.

Your local chain grocery store *may* have some, if they weren't pulled when Disney stopped selling them. Otherwise, I believe most of the typical places (like travel agencies, and discount providers and such) all stopped selling them shortly after Disney stopped selling.

I believe I still saw them at Vons (Safeway) this past weekend in Southern California.

Thanks! I'll definitely check out a few stores and see. Are there any eBay or stubhub-type places that would have user to user sales I could trust that I could check out too?

I watched closely and never got an email. If I only had my flex pass for 2 months, do I get 10/12 of my money back if I choose a partial refund? Do I get 5/12 of the money back if they are closed for 5 months? Do I get money back if I can never reserve a date because of the reduction in crowds? If you got an email with any of these answers, please post them.

Word on the street is that you need to call no later than today to get that sorted, just a heads up.
What?!? I will be mad as heck if that is the case.
It has also been posted in this thread as a cautionary suggestion.

Good -- I'm glad you were able to speak with someone to get some peace of mind. It is possible that the delay in the reopening date (and the lack of a new reopening date) has changed the original "deadline." Since Disney now has no official reopening date, there can't be any supposed "deadline" for passholders to choose their options. But it is probably still a good idea to keep up to date on this information and to have a plan in mind because as soon as Disney makes another announcement, the phone lines will get flooded again.

Thanks! I'll definitely check out a few stores and see. Are there any eBay or stubhub-type places that would have user to user sales I could trust that I could check out too?
Do NOT trust "eBay or stub hub-type places"! Disney tickets clearly state that they are not for resale. Your best bet is to buy your tickets from Disney or from authorized discount vendors (there are several that are used regularly on this board -- just ask). Otherwise you risk getting ripped off. We get reports from people who bought dud tickets from unauthorized sellers, and there is nothing we can do to help them. DISers also report seeing people turned away from the gates with scam tickets they bought on eBay and from other unauthorized sellers. Disney will not refund your money if you get scammed.
WDW already announced that they would start selling 2020 tickets again later this summer. DLR should follow suit at some point when a reopening date is announced. Keep following the first page of this superthread for official information to see when park tickets go on sale.

So on a $600 annual pass, they would give us $250 back if they are closed for 5 months?
No one here can really answer this for you since no one really knows how long it will be before Disney reopens and what Disney's official policy will be once the refunds start happening. Call to find out what CMs tell you and make sure that they have your correct email address so that you receive AP information in the future. In the meantime, the current AP information about your options for refunds/extensions is available on the DLR website and the app. The link to that information is also found on page one of this superthread.

So on a $600 annual pass, they would give us $250 back if they are closed for 5 months?
Fwiw I've tried asking this question when calling a variety of ways just to find out if the partial refund will be a straightforward prorate like that and have been unable to get any kind of official confirmation on that which is just one reason I'm not comfortable choosing an option at this point. Part of the reason why I'm not assuming it will be that simple is that for those on the monthly plan everything I've heard and read indicated they just will have their payments suspended for the duration of the closure and if I understand correctly those plans had an initial down-payment and since I haven't heard anything about getting part of that down-payment back it makes me wonder if there would be a similar off the top amount deducted before calculating a prorate for the paid in full annual passes...?

It has also been posted in this thread as a cautionary suggestion.

It is possible that the delay in the reopening date (and the lack of a new reopening date) has changed the original "deadline." Since Disney now has no official reopening date, there can't be any supposed "deadline" for passholders to choose their options.

I've never heard an official deadline yet so that is why I would be extremely frustrated if they randomly and suddenly no longer had it as an option without informing passholders directly. Even when they had an opening date planned I called to find out when a deadline might be and was told they didn't have one since the opening wasn't confirmed yet. The only vague potential deadlines I've heard from calling are before the actual opening date and possibly needing to do so before the original pass's expiration.

So I managed to find a grocery store that had the tickets for sale still, but once I got to the register the cashier wasn't able to actually sell them to me and said the machine was telling her to pull all of them from the shelf. So, I assume any grocery store that still has them out is an error and that Disney isn't allowing the sale of any tickets anywhere at this time. Am I out of options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter