DL airport / closest & cheapest?

goldilocks_63

<font color=green>OKW+BCV+SSR+AKV<br><font color=c
Any advice to get from chicago to DL?

Which is the closest airport and / or cheapest?

And is there a ME for DL?

or need to get a car rental?

Goldi

John Wayne in Orange County is definitely the closest (and I think nicest) airport serving the area. Its smaller than LAX and less of a hastle.

It may not be the cheapest. The cheapest may be Ontario (on the north side of LA - lesser known/used), but easily the furthest away.

For convenience sake, I say John Wayne out of Orange Cty. For cost, likely either LAX or Ontario.

We flew into Long Beach airport last August. It was a short ride to the hotel from there (by short, I mean more than 30 minutes). We found it to be convenient and liked it much better than flying into LAX.

There is no free ME service for DL like they do for WDW.

We flew into Long Beach this May and LOVED it -- so small you feel like you are on an island or something. You walk across a small road and there are all of the rental car places. We are flying back into Long Beach in Oct. to go to Palm Springs too that's how much we liked it. For our other DL trip, we did fly into SNA (Orange County) and liked it too. We avoid LAX like the plague, but I guess we'd consider it if it was much, much cheaper...Long Beach was the cheapest for us. Does Jet Blue fly from Chicago? If so, they go into Long Beach.

We got good fares on SW to Ontario one year and it may be longer but the traffic was much less than LAX. Really liked John Wayne but it is usually the most expensive for SW. Used a RR coupon for that trip. Hated LAX

There is no free transportation to DLR. But you can arrange something with Supershuttle in advance, or take the Disneyland Express when you get to the airport. I believe the Disneyland Express only operates out of Orange County and LAX.

We flew into John Wayne in Orange County also. There is no ME. The car rental places are really close (in the garage adjacent to the airport.) The drive to DL was really short (15-20 minutes top) with minimal traffic. We liked having the car and being able to take a drive down the Pacific Coast highway. We have never rented a car when we go to WDW but did like having one for our DL trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter