Disradio

caroli

"Not all those who wander are lost" (J.R.R. Tolkie
Hi

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm having problems with the radio... I was listening earlier but now I cannot. Am I the only one?

I was planning to make the announcement on the show tomorrow. We've discontinued DIS radio.

Pete

:sad1: Dang I loved listening to that station on the weekends while I sat at my computer. It made me feel connected to other WDW lovers and to WDW itself. I will miss it very much and thank you for providing it to us all this time. :love:

Oh No! I just found it recently! It was great while it lasted. Thanks for having provided it to us. Wish I would have found it sooner.

I was planning to make the announcement on the show tomorrow. We've discontinued DIS radio.

Pete

oh that's a shame - Thanks for running it though, it had some great music on it and got me through many long days at work! I'm going to miss that awesome Disneyland Paris anniversary song that used to come on over lunchtime.

Oh well, all good things...

:sad1: I'm sad that it is going away. I will miss it. Thanks for the many hours of listening pleasure.

Kim

Why is it going away?

I am sure that it costs a tremendous amount of money. Live365 does it right because they handle all of the licensing rights of the music (BMI/ASCAP) for the broadcaster. That causes this service to be very expensive and if there are a ton of listeners, the cost can be astronomical.

Thanks, Pete for keep it on as long as you have. :thumbsup2

I would not have mind paying a subscription. I liked DisRadio way more then Sorcerer Radio.

So sad....is there no other way!

Oh, the humanity!!!

My son's heart is going to break over this.

I would not have mind paying a subscription. I liked DisRadio way more then Sorcerer Radio.

This was mentioned on the podcast before as a volunteer basis and I paid for a year's subscription then. BUT, I myself didn't renew [I couldn't remember when my year was up] and I'm sure the cost was just too much. I know Pete wouldn't have just pulled it without considering all options. He's an incredibly generous man.

The cost of running it just didn't make sense any more. I was personally paying nearly $10k a year to keep the station ad free and high quality. As was pointed out, playing music through Live365 requires payments to ASCAP and BMI (rightfully so) so that artists can be compensated for their work.

We have other projects we're investing in where I felt that money would go to better use.

Sorry to disappoint, but thanks for listening to it over the years! Trust me though, the money is being put to some very good use!! ;)

Pete

Pete thank you so much for providing Dis radio all these years. It will be greatly missed!!!

I am sure you considered this already, but it is too bad there wasn't a way to convert the service to a mandatory subscription service instead of ending it. I would venture to say that the vast majority of listeners would likely continue to pay for it as opposed to losing it completely, even if enough of us didn't step up to the plate to send money voluntarily.

Just wanted to add my thanks for the many hours of listening pleasure! I will really miss it, but completely understand and can't wait to hear more about the new projects!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter