Disradio

I, like Uncle Servo and many others have mentioned, appreciate what the DIS has brought to the Disney fan community. I will say that Sorcerer Radio has also assisted in efforts with Give Kids the World even producing public service announcements that ran on both Sorcerer Radio and the DIS and provided them to other radio stations and podcasts.

If DIS boards members would like to find an alternative to DIS Radio might I suggest Sorcerer Radio. There are many ways to listen on your mobile device (iPhone and Android), Live365, as well as over the website at wwwSRSounds.com.

Sorcerer Radio has been around for over 11 years now providing the best music and programming straight from the Disney fan community. I urge you all to check it out and tell your friends.

LINK to Sorcerer Radio mobile apps: srsounds.com/joom_15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=107

I have been a DIS Unplugged listener now for over 6 years and appreciate what Pete and crew do. So please keep up the great work on the boards and with the podcast!

:thumbsup2

I tuned in this morning as I always do at work (although my work computer won't let me access DIS radio or LIVE 365, I was getting DIS radio through my iphone). Anyway, I was very sad not to hear it and then to see this news :sad1:

Thanks for providing this service and I am very sad to see it go.

Wow, 10K! I had no idea. I would have canned this thing along time ago, or at least, would've been selling advertisements and at least been playing advertisements for Dreams Unlimited Travel at the very least. Very sorry to see it go.

I would just like to join in and say thank you to Pete for the music and providing it for so long....you are truly so generous! I loved listening! :goodvibes but I am looking forward to the future as well!

Sorry to see DisRadio go! Many hours of listening pleasure. Thanks for keeping it going for so long, and for the out of pocket expense.

So I go to the garage this morning to get out all my lawn equipment, put my earphones in and fire up my Live365 app on my droid and there's no Dis Radio in my presets. I thought it was a glitch in the app till I googled and found that the plug was pulled on Dis Radio. That stinks I'm thinking to myself till I remembered that I just renewed my Live365 subscription for 71 bucks. Now , that really stinks. I did finally get the lawn mowed.

Thank you so much Pete, I think you are right, time to move onwards and upwards!

I've listened to D-tunes live in the past, that has a good selection and you can vote for songs to be played.

listened to it daily at work but I understand thanks for all the listening pleasure you guys have gave me!!

:rolleyes1Welll..thiiisss explains why I've been going bonkers trying to find this station!! LMAO!!!:laughing: Thanks Pete and everyone who worked on that station!! That was my FAVORITE internet radio station!! While I'm sad that it's gone, I just wanted to say that I appreciated it as well as we ALL did!!!:cloud9::woohoo::yay: I hope you guys can bring back some kind of music station, but if not I'd understand!!

A very sad Aussie here indeed. Dis radio was one of the only things that made me smile some days. I will miss it terribly but I wanted to thank you for the many hours of enjoyment you have provided myself and so many others with over the years.
If ever you decide to start up again, I will glady pay to be a subscriber..........no problem!

Still sad though:sad1:

Does Pandora have a station that plays Disney park music/audio?

I created a custom station on Pandora by entering "Be Our Guest"- try that. Mostly Disney soundtrack stuff, with a few others thrown in (Sound of Music, etc). I tried to make one for park and attraction music, and wasn't as successful (tried entering "It's A Small World", "Disney Parks" and "In The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room" all to varying degrees of success).

I will miss DISRADIO - it often took me out of the humdrum everyday and into my happy place, but I understand the reasons why it will not continue. I appreciate that it was available at no cost for so long. Thanks, Pete!

Has anyone found a good replacement for DisRadio yet? Another streaming provider? There are a few good choices on iTunes, but nothing with the extensive library (or with Cruise music) like DisRadio had.

BensDaddy said:
Has anyone found a good replacement for DisRadio yet? Another streaming provider? There are a few good choices on iTunes, but nothing with the extensive library (or with Cruise music) like DisRadio had.

There is Mouse World Radio

They even have an iPhone app.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

BensDaddy said:

magicalmouseradio.com is my favorite. Great mix.

I didn't listen that often mainly because I'm always flitting around doing so many things at once however if I did it was always Dis radio. Now I just want to say thank you to Pete for the time we had with it because I didn't realise how lovely it was to listen...sans commercial advertisements!! Wow.

Disradio was a luxury and I'm sorry to see it go but I TOTALLY understand :)! Thank you Pete for the time we had with your station :goodvibes! It was lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter