Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Reviews and Comments for Ale & Compass Restaurant
(Includes recent observations and mobile order feedback)
December 2020

Thanks everyone who gave input. I'll link this post to the Dining section on Page 1, Post 7.

We tried Ale & Compass for lunch last January and I liked it quite a bit but the rest of my family was kind of meh on it for some reason. They did really enjoy the Parker house rolls and the Buffalo cauliflower apps but I guess not enough to elevate it beyond “meh,” 😂. When we went in September we had breakfast there and everyone wants to do that again. The mini dark chocolate waffles were really amazing! We are still talking about them and I’m not even a “sweets” breakfast person. So yum!

I had dinner there this past Monday. It was on the good side of fine. Not outstanding, but neither was it disappointing. I did have very good service.

We did the breakfast buffet a couple years ago - it was one of the dining specials for Candlelight Processional entry. At that time, you could get stuff off the menu, like omlets or pancakes, in addition to the buffet, which was all well stocked and all yummy. Of course now, there is no buffet, but if I remember correctly, the stuff that my group of 6 ordered from the menu was pretty good. But it's kind of hard to mess up breakfast.... :)

If staying elsewhere, I'm not sure I'd make a special trip for it but we like it. I think the breakfast is great - I miss the pseudo buffet option with fruit, rolls, charcuterie etc. - but still like the main breakfast entrees. The Parker House rolls are :love: . And I think they may have one of the best burgers on property (also available via room service or in the lounge).

I haven’t eaten there since Covid, but this would describe my experiences too. Pretty good/fresh food thoughtfully prepared, great service. It’s not one I come back raving about or a place I’d go out of my way to eat when at WDW, but it’s a perfectly good dining option IMO.

I also like the quieter atmosphere relative to the often busier WDW dining options and that it’s (usually) easy to get an ADR day of.

We ate there for breakfast and dinner in Nov. Breakfast was good...we had the American Breakfast and 1 morning I had the blueberry pancakes. Dinner was hit for DH, a miss for me. We had the burgers 1 night, very smoky and large. I had to deconstruct mine because it was too much to bite. Fries were not fresh tasting. DH liked the pasta and shrimp dish, I had the seasonal flatbread and it was a fail for me and I'm not a picky eater. One night we ate at Trattori and we both split the steak...it was great.

Just wanted to quickly weigh in on the Ale & Compass. We’re at the BW right now and did a mobile order from A&C. Order was perfect! Plus we got a 10% DVC discount. We ordered the seafood pot pie and cheddar burger...... I just need my burger! Food was still warm after our walk from YC to BW. I can’t speak for the actual dining in experience but the food was very good for the price paid!

Just want to weigh in on Ale and Compass too. I did mobile order for breakfast there 4 times during my Thanksgiving trip and each time was great. I ordered the blueberry and bacon pancakes twice because they were so good, much better options than quick service. And even better, I got to bring the food back to the comfort of my own room to enjoy. It spoiled me from ever returning to quick service breakfast.

Pro-tip: For later meals, Storm-a-long Bay is a lovely place to enjoy a meal.

my husband is IN LOVE with those pancakes, he even wants to book an ADR for there during one of our future trips just so he can eat them (way out of the way since we aren't at an Epcot resort, but he just has to have them lol). I adored the chocolate waffles, could eat those every day.

Page 1736-1737

While we were at the BCV in Oct. there was a painting crew working by the Dunes cove pool. Can anyone give an up date on were they are now. They were by the rooms by the hot tub in Oct. They seemed to be moving towards the main pool area. We are returning in Jan as our California plans have been cancelled and I'd like to know where they will be as they are rather loud during the day. TIA

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for January. Are you back in February too? (peeked at your signature)

:goodvibes

Staying at Yacht Club next week!! So excited. Wondering if the buses have been coming earlier than an hour before park opens?

A belated :welcome: back!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say enjoy your trip before it happened. Hope it was great!

::yes::

Ok, I'm super late posting this, but wanted to write about my experience at YC over Thanksgiving week

*snip*

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay, especially after the negative experiences you had with the prior trip. I'm so glad you had a better stay this time.

A couple of questions about your room- what was the number? Was it 4123 or was that your previous stay? Do you have any pictures of the view from your balcony?

I have been meaning to write this up - but we had to add on a day to our trip due to a flight change and I found a studio at Beach Club - I was also able to rent a cabana which was AMAZING.

*snip*

Thank you so much for the detailed cabana view and all of the pictures! This review will be very helpful for anyone considering a cabana rental

:beach:

Super excited to ask to be added back to the BOG List! YC June 13 - 21 2021 (Split with CR)

Edited to update arrival and departure dates.

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the list!

:thumbsup2

We are headed to the Yacht Club in August 2021, though we’ll switch to the Beach Club if it opens. Can anyone who’s been there recently give me an idea of what the hours are currently for Stormalong Bay?

Sounds like you may be in luck with a Beach Club stay. Have you been able to officially make the change?

Natebenma, yes, our Jan trip to Palm Desert had to be cancelled so we are doing a last minute WDW trip and the Feb trip was supposed to be Aulani for our 25th Anniversary but we just couldn't count on that either so WDW it is.

Hello all! I haven’t stayed at Yacht Club in a few years and booked a trip for the end of next month with the really great AP room discount. Without trying to dig through a dozen pages, what’s the bus situation like? When we stayed before YC and BC shared buses, but with limited capacity I’m going to take a big guess that they aren’t sharing right now? How’s getting a bus early before park open? I’ve seen those nightmare Pop photos of huge lines and we definitely had to wait longer than usual for a bus at Saratoga in September.

We were at YC for the week leading up to Christmas and we bussed to AK and MK. In the am we had dedicated YC buses to the parks and shared bus with BC on the way back to YC. One time we jumped on the BW bus because our line was longer and the BW bus was there and loading. The other two times, the other families on the bus were YC.

Our ME bus home was YC, BC and BW.

Page 1738-1739

Does anyone know how the King rooms are configured at YC? We (2 adults) stayed in a king room at BC and had one king bed and a sofa and coffee table in the room. That set-up was perfect for us and we are hoping for a similar set-up at YC.

(Some photos online showed a king bed with a single chair and ottoman).

Thanks for your insight.

As others have pointed out, king bed rooms, at both YC and BC can have different layouts, some with a couch or sleeping chair and ottoman. There is a limited inventory of rooms with king beds, so we typically recommend that guests who want one should make it their only request, however if you prefer the option with a pullout sofa, it doesn't hurt to include that as well: "Room with a king bed, please, pullout sofa if possible"

Do you have an upcoming tirp booked?

Since our Poly dreams for next May were dashed, me and my partner are making lemonade out of lemons and are looking to change probably to YC for the second half of our split stay. This was originally a 10 day trip for this past May that we postponed until next and stretched out to 2 weeks. The first week we will spend at GF.

I really enjoyed my solo weekend at BC this past November and my gf has never stayed in the Crescent Lake area before (I grew up staying at the Dolphin on family trips). It was just too cold when I went to really enjoy SAB so I am really looking forward to it. My only concern is the hallways on hallways layout...it felt like it took forever to get to my BC room. Not sure which room category would be most helpful to avoid that.

BC re-opens on my birthday! That would actually put it into play for the second part of our split. Now I'm torn...

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for May at the YC. Let us know if that changes.

::yes::

We've only had a king room once in our YC travels, but it had a full sofa. We really loved this room. Pics below (from 2019). 5th floor, room 5151

Thanks for this info. I don't think I have any pictures from this room on the YC Room View thread, so I will add these to the thread.

Do we need cash to tip our cabana server or will we have the option to add it to our bill?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the YC or BCV? When?

:cool1:

We just stayed in this king room in November. The balcony was right above the smoking area, that was the only draw back. But only if you plan on using the balcony.

View attachment 543424View attachment 543425

Thanks for this post! I'll add your picture and comments to the YC Room View thread.

What view category was this?

Do you happen to have a picture of the view or did the smoke keep you off the balcony?

:cool2:

So I was unfaithful and spent Thanksgiving 9 days at Universal RP. Fun but Disney has my heart ❤. Booked BCV for 6/25-7/2. Another girls only trip for my daughters and I. Hoping annual pass offerings will be back in action in 2021. Curious to see the Marketplace refurb and kick back and lounge at SAB.

:welcome: back!

No judging here. I have strayed a time or two myself!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for the summer. You are redeemed!

We are going in March , 4 days at cr 4 days at yc,can't wait!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:dogdance:

Well, our airline just effectively canceled our January trip for us, changing dates to shorten the stay and making flights connecting with huge layovers. Sigh. So no January YC for us. Will try again in February. And March. And April. We’ll just keep booking trips until one of them actually takes place.

On the bright side of things, I just booked Aulani for January 2021, for a week long stay following our Hawaiian cruise, for our 25th anniversary. So, more planning and reading to occupy my Disney dreaming time. We will see how their lazy river and pool complex compare to SAB.

Bummer about January, but having a cruise and then a week at Aulani sounds pretty sweet! This January or next?

:beach:

Will I be kicked out of this thread if I say I haven’t necessarily missed Cape May or its evening fishy smell and would be OK if it stayed closed a little longer?

:duck::crutches:

I’ll see myself out. :-)

Nah, please stick around!

We all have our little unpopular secrets. Don't tell anyone that after years of not going to Beaches & Cream, our first trip there was not spectacular and we probably won't be back... Of course, we made the rookie mistake of not ordering ice cream, so it was us, not them.

:duck:

Does anyone know how the King rooms are configured at YC? We (2 adults) stayed in a king room at BC and had one king bed and a sofa and coffee table in the room. That set-up was perfect for us and we are hoping for a similar set-up at YC.

(Some photos online showed a king bed with a single chair and ottoman).

Thanks for your insight.
We stayed in room 5227 in November 2019, king bed, one chair, ottoman, two side tables, pull out bed, dresser, big TV, lots of room for clothes, closet with shelf’s, built in iron board, fridge, coffee maker, two sinks, separate shower. Pretty nice. Balcony View of the lake and pool, fireworks view of Epcot and HS. Great room. I would request this again once CL opens up.

Page 1738-1739

Bummer about January, but having a cruise and then a week at Aulani sounds pretty sweet! This January or next?

Ooops...you’re right...that should be January 2022. Messed up since officially the cruise starts in 2021, but the Aulani portion starts on NY Day 2022.

I booked my first stay at the Yacht Club for next month! It will also be my first time back since COVID. I'll be all vaccinated by then and finally feel safe being around that many people in a leisurely setting and flying. To say I'm excited is an understatement!

This will be my first time at Disney without a dining plan or Club level. Obviously neither thing is happening right now. I'm a bit of a diet Coke addict. What are people's thoughts on the best way to fulfill this addiction these days? Are the mugs worth it? Or is it better to just buy a case somewhere? I won't have a car. To be realistic, when I have had the dining plans I was probably filling the mug 2-3x/day. This will be a 5 day trip. How convenient is filling up at the Yacht club?

Page 1740-1741

We had booked for YC for Dec 2021 (as BC wasn't an option at the time) and my plan was to switch to BC when it became available .... but we've decided to stick with YC for now (being the first bus stop seems good since our main grumble with BC was bus service.)

For those who have stayed YC do you find it noisier in the room with the hard floor than BC with the carpetted floors (since carpet acts as a sound dampener and doesn't reflect noise as much)?

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list so I will add your vacation.

Looks like we'll be trying out YC next year for our stay in January: 1/10-1/16/2021. My husband is not happy with our change, but we'll be spending half our trip at Epcot and Studios so it only makes sense to me. (And I save 1K on our trip switching!)

Those all sound like smart, solid reasons to stay at the YC. Hope you and your DH love it!

:cool1:

Consider yourself kicked out! :-)

That is our #1 restaurant on property and the great 'fishy' smell is what you get when you steam shellfish. I take it you don't like seafood, and that's understandable. Actually we don't find the smell that strong. In fact, have never even smelled anything in the lobby except that great unique BC smell! Only passing along the restaurant in the hallway do I smell it at all.

So, 'sorry', but we want it back so bad (as it was) even though we have absolutely no plans for Disney until this Covid is well under control.

:welcome: back to the thread!

For any of you that like an adult beverage and will be at YC or BCV in the next couple weeks, I highly recommend the spiked hot chocolate flight from the Beach Club marketplace. It was perfect on a cool morning.

Yes, please!

☕

This is one of those things I can never remember, but I have in my head that there are only a couple of Deluxe Rooms at YC. Like literally, just a few. It’s not like BC where there are several and it’s a bookable category.

I always have trouble understanding the color coding on the YC room map @natebenma has posted here, but from what I can tell it confirms there are very few: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/post-53451102

Caveat that I’m not totally confident that I’m right with the above.

These are great maps, but I'm glad it is not just me unable to understand it. Some of the colors are very similar and there are way too many different categories.

I have not been able to get a handle on the YC Deluxe Rooms- how many, where they are, room numbers

:confused3

Though the YC Deluxe room category does not show as an available category to book online, you should be able to book by calling Disney's Central Reservations.

The website does show photos of a typical layout of a YC Deluxe room. Though the Deluxe room is labeled as having Club access, I believe that perk was dropped a couple of years ago.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/r...EC-WDWShareEmailroom-yj-g00#slideShow=1/0/6/0
The photos posted, though, just look like the standard layout, not Deluxe.

Here are photos of BC Deluxe layout:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/r...EC-WDWShareEmailroom-ws-g08#slideShow=1/0/8/8

:thanks:

Hello all! We are new to the BC/YC area. We are thinking of taking a quick trip down in early January. In looking online I’m finding yacht club garden view rooms, beach club villa rooms and boardwalk villa rooms. I noticed that yacht club it looks like the entire respite is open but the other two only the villa areas are open. Is one preferable over the other? Is there anywhere to eat at beach club? Are the villa only resorts less crowded in a good way? Or are they empty and creepy? Never stayed in the Epcot area, but my kids are older now and we do more Epcot and DHS than MK so the move makes sense.

I hope you book a trip here- let us know which resort you choose.

I'll let others who have been there recently give their impressions of what it is like to stay at the villas during the slowdown. In general here are some comments comparing a regular resort room (Beach Club, not YC) to a studio room at the BCV:

Comparison of BCV studio to standard BC resort room
BC resort room vs. BCV (Tess)
See page 899-900 of this thread for several additional comments of BCV vs. BC standard room

Those all sound like smart, solid reasons to stay at the YC. Hope you and your DH love it!

Thank you! We are so excited and counting down to the trip. We stayed at BC last year, but this will be our first time on the YC side. I think my husband has gotten over moving from the Contemporary. My oldest was a little sad until I told him we could walk back from his 21st birthday celebration and then he seemed to think it was a good idea. I'm thinking he'll need some friendly reminders to pace himself though based on his reaction! :drinking1:faint:

I'm a bit of a diet Coke addict. What are people's thoughts on the best way to fulfill this addiction these days? Are the mugs worth it? Or is it better to just buy a case somewhere? I won't have a car. To be realistic, when I have had the dining plans I was probably filling the mug 2-3x/day. This will be a 5 day trip. How convenient is filling up at the Yacht club?
Both the YC marketplace and BC marketplace have cast members who will hand you a paper cup of your beverage if you present the refillable mug. We found that to be less convenient than just being able to walk up to the dispensers to refill our mugs like in the past. But if you plan to have several servings a day, it may be worth it to buy a mug. You can also buy 16 oz bottles from the marketplaces. They don't sell cases. :)

Last edited:
I booked my first stay at the Yacht Club for next month! It will also be my first time back since COVID. I'll be all vaccinated by then and finally feel safe being around that many people in a leisurely setting and flying. To say I'm excited is an understatement!

This will be my first time at Disney without a dining plan or Club level. Obviously neither thing is happening right now. I'm a bit of a diet Coke addict. What are people's thoughts on the best way to fulfill this addiction these days? Are the mugs worth it? Or is it better to just buy a case somewhere? I won't have a car. To be realistic, when I have had the dining plans I was probably filling the mug 2-3x/day. This will be a 5 day trip. How convenient is filling up at the Yacht club?

there are various grocery delivery options, but if all you need is soda, you could price out TurnerDrug.com. People have used them for years to have medications delivered to Disney hotels, but they have other products as well, including soda.

Disneyworld Reopening Information
For Historical Purposes

Please note that given the fluidity of the current environment, these dates are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other Disney Resort hotels if needed.
As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

We are committed to reopening Disney Resort hotels, though at this time we have decided to adjust the reopening dates for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort due to the current environment. With this in mind, the planned reopening dates for additional Disney Resort hotels will be as follows.

July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline.

Information about Walt Disney World Phased Reopening plans (posted June 7):

Disney Springs has already started to reopen.
Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22.
Walt Disney World theme parks will open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15. Learn more.

The parks will reopen with some important updates to promote physical distancing, including:

• Park Reservations: Initially, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required.
  • New Ticket Sales: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. Additional details will be shared with these Guests soon. New ticket sales will resume after that period of time.
  • New Disney Resort Hotel Reservations: At this time, new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused so we can focus on Guests with existing reservations (Disney Vacation Club Members can still make new reservations). Reservations will resume after that period of time.

Here are the top things to know as you prepare to visit:

Phase 1 Information (we do not know the exact dates these guidelines will be implemented):

Resort Amenities & Recreation Activities will be modified based on physical distancing and health guidelines.

Pools
  • Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
  • Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
  • Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas

Temporary Unavailable
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
  • Arcades
  • Campfires
  • Dog parks
  • Electrical Water Pageant
  • Marina rentals
  • Pin trading
  • Playgrounds
  • Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Additionally, the following special offerings and childcare services will not be available during the initial reopening:
  • Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
  • Fun runs
  • Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
  • Hula lessons
  • In-room childcare services
  • Mermaid school
  • Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs

Information is being released on an ongoing basis, so check back here, or on the Walt Disney World website for updates.

*******************************************************************************************************

We just returned from a stay at the BCV and YC 10 days ago:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter