Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for recent bus experiences in the morning and couldn't find any details. So I'm posting our experience this morning for anyone interested. We were at the bus stop by 7:45am. We were the first ones there. During that time, three buses came going to Ft Wilderness. The first HS bus arrived at 8:15. The first MK bus arrived at 8:23. Those were both for 9am openings.

Last night, Aladdin was the movie playing. I didn't see a schedule posted of future movies.
Sounds like they are scaling back a bit on the early buses given the lower crowds. Suppose that is to be expected but it definitely feels like it's not easy to plan until just before your trip these days!

Do the signs still post the estimated wait times until the next bus arrives? Are they accurate?

When we were there November 2020 for thanksgiving, the estimated wait times were NOT posted. It just showed that buses were available to the locations. Not saying when they would come etc.

A couple weeks ago, we saw the estimated times of arrival of various buses on the overhead sign at the Contemporary Resort bus stop. It was accurate for the bus to Disney Springs that we took.

This morning, there was nothing showing on the sign until the bus arrived. The app showed the bus arrival time about 10 minutes before it arrived. Before then, it showed unavailable.

Hi! We are going in March. I have a couple questions. If we drive over just for dinner at WCC will they let us park there even if we're not staying? Also - I'm wondering about the skillets at WCC. They're priced out per person. If everyone at the table wanted a different skillet can we get that? Or does everyone at the table have to choose the same one? Thank you!!

Hi! We are going in March. I have a couple questions. If we drive over just for dinner at WCC will they let us park there even if we're not staying? Also - I'm wondering about the skillets at WCC. They're priced out per person. If everyone at the table wanted a different skillet can we get that? Or does everyone at the table have to choose the same one? Thank you!!

Yes, as long as you have a dining reservation! And yes, you can each get the skillet you want! If more than one person want the same type of skillet, they will share it. Enjoy!

My still-here but going home tomorrow :( report. We arrived on Saturday and did a split stay with three nights at CBR and two at WL. The first 3 days we focused on Epcot and HS using the skyliner. We were at MK the last two days from WL. We did hop to AK on Sunday afternoon. I kind of regret buying hoppers since we only used them that one time. But otherwise, we wouldn't have seen AK.

My son (10) and I came this same time last year. I was a little worried about the trip this year. But the magic is still here for us. Cast members are so kind and helpful. We did miss pin trading with them. One plus from the changes for us... My son has always been afraid of meeting the characters. This time, knowing they can't come up to him, he's really enjoyed waving at them and seeing them.

Like others, I really have enjoyed the line spacing. You don't feel like someone is on top of you or in your space all the time like before. We made a game out of how far would we walk in the line before we had to stop and go to the nearest marker. (kind of like musical chairs) It helped make the line waits more fun. Speaking of waits, the lines have been wonderful for us. One of the longest wait we had was for Astro Orbiter (seriously!) and that's because of only one group at a time on the elevator. We rode FOP on Sunday afternoon around 3:15 with a 23 minute wait.

I have lots more I could share but I'll stop. :) For anyone on the fence, take the trip! We've made the best memories and have felt welcome!

My still-here but going home tomorrow :( report. We arrived on Saturday and did a split stay with three nights at CBR and two at WL. The first 3 days we focused on Epcot and HS using the skyliner. We were at MK the last two days from WL. We did hop to AK on Sunday afternoon. I kind of regret buying hoppers since we only used them that one time. But otherwise, we wouldn't have seen AK.

My son (10) and I came this same time last year. I was a little worried about the trip this year. But the magic is still here for us. Cast members are so kind and helpful. We did miss pin trading with them. One plus from the changes for us... My son has always been afraid of meeting the characters. This time, knowing they can't come up to him, he's really enjoyed waving at them and seeing them.

Like others, I really have enjoyed the line spacing. You don't feel like someone is on top of you or in your space all the time like before. We made a game out of how far would we walk in the line before we had to stop and go to the nearest marker. (kind of like musical chairs) It helped make the line waits more fun. Speaking of waits, the lines have been wonderful for us. One of the longest wait we had was for Astro Orbiter (seriously!) and that's because of only one group at a time on the elevator. We rode FOP on Sunday afternoon around 3:15 with a 23 minute wait.

I have lots more I could share but I'll stop. :) For anyone on the fence, take the trip! We've made the best memories and have felt welcome!

Could you tell us a little bit about your transportation experiences, both to and from the park or anywhere else you went? This is my biggest concern.

Also, what is the "feel" of the place? Without Wilderness Lodge itself open, is it busy enough to feel "normal?" We had a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge in July that was downright eery; you could walk through that huge lobby and see no one, not even a single CM. But nothing there was open except the rooms and the pool, so I'm sure it'll be different at WL.

Did you stay in CRV or BRV? I'm wondering if BRV are really in as dire a need for their upcoming refurb as I've heard from some people. I'm bringing my brother and his family for their first family trip and I want Disney to make a good enough impression that they'll want to keep bringing their little girls back. My kids still love Disney but they're older now and comparatively jaded; I'm so excited to get to experience everything all over again with little ones!

Any other tips, especially when bringing first-timers? I love WL and have stayed there often, but not since the pandemic and have never brought family.

Thank you!

We were at WL last Monday for an early dinner at Geyser Point. My kids love pin trading and were told that the Cub's Den was the only place that had it. The handwritten sign outside said that the Cub's Den wasn't open until 6:00. Is that the case every day? We'd like to make an ADR for WCC and would love to plan it around the Cub's Den/pin board hours (I can't believe I just typed that - how has my life turned into one that revolves around pin trading?) :o

We'd like to make an ADR for WCC and would love to plan it around the Cub's Den/pin board hours (I can't believe I just typed that - how has my life turned into one that revolves around pin trading?) :o

I can’t answer your question, but just wanted to say it sounds like you’re in a pretty good spot in life! :goodvibes

Pin trading was only available from 6:30-8pm beside Geyser Grill in the recreation area. We also love pin trading so we made sure we went both nights. That's the main thing we've missed this time.

This is our first time at WL so I really don't have anything to compare it to. But to us, the atmosphere was perfect. Not really crowded but everything we needed was available. It's beautiful and the cast members are friendly and helpful. They had pool games in the afternoon. The pool wasn't crowded. We did Mickey tie dye shirts after our pool time. I think that was available every day around 4pm. Then the arts and crafts and pin trading were every night. They had a movie select nights at 8pm. Aladdin was playing the night we watched. The electric water pageant comes by at 8:30pm. We mobile ordered from Roaring Fork a few times. It was very easy. We stayed on the CC side and loved our room. We were pool side on the ground floor. I will say it gets a little tight with the fold out couch made into a bed.

Today before boarding the ME, we did the hidden Mickey scavenger hunt in BRV. It took us about 30-40 minutes and was a nice way to kill some waiting time. The lobby and surrounding rooms are beautiful. But the hallways do seem rundown. I was glad we were on the CC side. We were also closer to transportation and food where we stayed.

Transportation ...We loved the boat rides from WL to MK. When trying to rope drop, we did take the bus from WL. The first bus to MK arrived at 8:23. It was a short trip. We took the boat back to WL each time and did not have to wait long. The atmosphere is so much better than a bus. The boats are continuously going back and forth so we never waited long. We took the bus to DS this morning. The arrival time was in the app so that helped. And then we waited about 5 minutes for one returning. I can't help with transportation to other parks since we only did MK and DS from WL. But we saw multiple HS, Epcot and AK buses the couple of times we were at the bus stop.

My husband and older son don't like Disney. (gasp) But thankfully, my youngest shares my love of Disney so he's become my yearly travel buddy. :) We have realized that we enjoy it better if we go early and enjoy the parks before it gets crowded. Then take a break and swim or rest and go back a couple of hours before closing. Also, we enjoy the scavenger hunts they have during the epcot festivals. Those are fun for kids and adults.

@1GoldenSun, hope you and your family have a great trip!

Good Morning from Wilderness Lodge.
View attachment 552838
View attachment 552839
View attachment 552842
View attachment 552841
View attachment 552843
We are so glad to be here, and despite the COVID adjustments it still feels like home.
Thank you for the beautiful photos! We are looking at WL(never been) and wondering about changes to the food choices/availability and menus for what's open since Covid. (I looked at the dining menus on MDE- dinner seems limited)
What/where do you go for food? Are there other options like pizza delivery/take out? We will be in a regular room/non DVC so cooking not an option.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm sorry if this has been answered earlier on....I've tried looking back and can't find an answer. Is all of the WL rooms getting renovated? If so, when is it starting and when is it scheduled to be complete. I have an upcoming August reservation at the Poly but am seriously considering switching over. A newly renovated room would definitely help sway my decision. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter