Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am actually feeling guilty as I post this...arrived this morning and got text at 11:00 am while I was on ME that my room was ready. I had requested a room on upper floor with Fireworks view if possible. I have a beautiful view of the Contemporary on the right with top of GF visible on the left and the castle in the middle with the monorail going right across everything. The cabins are right below. Best room ever...also added CL as an extra...
Going to DAH tonite.

Storybook Dining at Artist Point Debuts This Winter at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lderness-lodge/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q4wo0830180009A
Yup - Dead SIG walking :(.

AP is now CHARACTER DINING, Not SIGNATURE DINING. So WL no longer has any Signature Restaurants... :(.
We are saddened.... fortunately? Both the GF (3 REAL SIGS), and Contemporary (1 REAL SIG), are a short Cab, Bus+Monorail, or Boat ride away.

DVC, homed at BRV.... Whispering Canyon is STILL great for that morning Breakfast :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

So I am actually feeling guilty as I post this...arrived this morning and got text at 11:00 am while I was on ME that my room was ready. I had requested a room on upper floor with Fireworks view if possible. I have a beautiful view of the Contemporary on the right with top of GF visible on the left and the castle in the middle with the monorail going right across everything. The cabins are right below. Best room ever...also added CL as an extra...
Going to DAH tonite.
Congratulations! Glad to hear you got a room you will enjoy! Be sure to take pics to remember it by.

We arrive one week from today, and can’t wait for our trip to start.

Halloween refillable cups will be available at Roaring Fork on 9/4.

We arrive at WL this Saturday 9/1. We have a bunch of the old style at home and would love to have a new design, especially a Halloween version! I'm wondering if we hold off on buying the new mug until the 4th, will we spend so much on Diet Coke the first 3 days that buying 2 mugs per person would be worth it? We are fountain drink FREAKS. Omg, this is beyond first world problems.

We arrive at WL this Saturday 9/1. We have a bunch of the old style at home and would love to have a new design, especially a Halloween version! I'm wondering if we hold off on buying the new mug until the 4th, will we spend so much on Diet Coke the first 3 days that buying 2 mugs per person would be worth it? We are fountain drink FREAKS. Omg, this is beyond first world problems.
The Halloween mug is available at some of the other resorts right now. You can pick up your mug at any resort. There is no reason to wait three days. :)

Going to DAH tonite.
It is good to hear that you got such a nice room. Was it difficult to add CL? I would think that they would limit how many additional rooms they can add.

If the refurb starts in October, and if it starts with the CL rooms, do people think those rooms would be done by early December? We have a WL CL stay booked from Dec. 6-9 and it would be wonderful to have a freshly refurbished room.
I’m wondering too. O javé reservatórios for early January! :mickeyjum

We got a text at 10:00, while sitting over in our room at CR that our room at WL was ready. 1005. I'd requested any room early first floor if possible. Booked standard, got a room right of the pool (sitting here watching the splash pad right now)
It is good to hear that you got such a nice room. Was it difficult to add CL? I would think that they would limit how many additional rooms they can add.
I just checked in today and added it too.
Super easy. To add it. Told front desk CM, she made a call, it was added. All done
I'm sure they do limit it but considering there is no advertising about it I can't imagine they reach that limit

Alas... the one signature we never tried. :(

This should be really popular though since the Queen will also be there!

Yup - Dead SIG walking :(.

AP is now CHARACTER DINING, Not SIGNATURE DINING. So WL no longer has any Signature Restaurants... :(.
We are saddened.... fortunately? Both the GF (3 REAL SIGS), and Contemporary (1 REAL SIG), are a short Cab, Bus+Monorail, or Boat ride away.

DVC, homed at BRV.... Whispering Canyon is STILL great for that morning Breakfast :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
We tried AP once. Not a fan at all. And considering how easy it was too book I'm guessing we were no alone in that opinion
Won't miss it one bit and really glad for a new character option
Fine dining can be found all over the world, usually better dining at that. Disney characters can't.

We tried AP once. Not a fan at all. And considering how easy it was too book I'm guessing we were no alone in that opinion
Won't miss it one bit and really glad for a new character option
Fine dining can be found all over the world, usually better dining at that. Disney characters can't.

Completely agree with you. Never even had a desire to try it, even the years we stayed in the Lodge. I completely welcome this change, it's a positive one. We look forward to trying it!

Last edited:
Hey, just out of curiosity, where in Wilderness Lodge is the restaurant currently (formerly?) known as Artist Point?

I know where Whispering Canyon Cafe is. I know where the pin cart is. I know how you get from the lobby to Roaring Fork. But when I was there, I didn't happen to notice where Artist Point was.

Hey, just out of curiosity, where in Wilderness Lodge is the restaurant currently (formerly?) known as Artist Point?

I know where Whispering Canyon Cafe is. I know where the pin cart is. I know how you get from the lobby to Roaring Fork. But when I was there, I didn't happen to notice where Artist Point was.
More or less behind, beside the pin cart. Right before you go down the ramp to roaring fork

Last edited:

It was very easy I just asked at front desk when I arrived. Actually it was interesting, first I went and checked out the room and was thrilled then I remembered about adding CL for the $99 per night so I went down to front desk and asked. I was told "no problem" then When CM asked for my Magic band and scanned it to add the access for the CL my past stays must have showed up and she asked if Adam was with me as his magic bands are still active and attached to mine. I simply said I was sorry he couldn't be with me and she responded with "that's too bad maybe he can come with you next time" so I told her he had passed away 2 days before our last scheduled trip to WL. She felt bad and kept apologizing. I just said that I was adding the CL because of so many good memories
Then later yesterday afternoon a CM came to the room with a bag holding a wonderful WL picture frames and a nice card from the Lodge. I actually have a great photo of Adam standing next to the Humphrey bear outside the lounge to put in the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter