Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would make sense, as if it was only soft goods it wouldn't be that noisy. I am hoping they do go with laminate -- we really liked in in the CCV studio we stayed in in December.

SW
I’ll try to ask. I’m here now. Most of the CMs at desk are new to WL so don’t know how much info I’ll get.

Checked in yesterday. No pixie dust for me :charac2: I did get upper floor but over lobby. And one of those small open balconies, no dividers in between. Can see into everyone’s balcony in the row. Yuck. After waiting and looking forward to our vacay for over 6 or more months it’s a bit of a let down. For me a balcony is everything. I love sitting on it having morning coffee, evening drink. But with daily rain it’s always wet, no roof over it for protection.
I would have asked to move, BUT I’m traveling with my dear friend, and they did give us connecting rooms so I’ll suck up the yuck balcony! And I’m back at WL and Disney. 1st World problems lol.

I’m glad we get to stay one more time before they refurb rooms. I love the light over table with the bears, and the carved headboard, Chip & Dale tiles in the bath. And having a ceiling fan. I’m afraid all these lovely touches will be gone and it will be a more generic room.

So far both yesterday and today we have had the predictable afternoon T-Storm but instead of it clearing in 30-60 min, with sun coming out it’s remained dark and intermittent rain.

Oh I'm sorry you didn't get the room you were hoping for and I hope weather is better tomorrow!!!
I arrive on Thursday morning.

I’ll try to ask. I’m here now. Most of the CMs at desk are new to WL so don’t know how much info I’ll get.

Good luck. When I was at Wilderness Lodge earlier this month, I found conversations with the CMs to be very frustrating. I had to repeatedly ask my questions before I would get an answer, if I got an answer at all. Such as:

"It's pouring out. If I want to go to the quick service restaurant, will I get wet?"
"Follow that sign."
"But do I have to go outside?"
"Follow that sign."
"Will I get wet?"
"Follow that sign."

Or, "I'm staying in a Copper Creek Room. Where are the trash rooms?"
"Trash is picked up daily."
"They didn't pick up my trash yesterday, so I would like to take it to the trash room. Where is the trash room?"
"Call housekeeping."
"If I don't want to wait for housekeeping to come, where is the trash room?"
"Housekeeping will come at any time."
"But where is the trash room?"
"The trash rooms are inaccessible to guests."
[There always were trash rooms in DVC buildings, which is why I assumed CCV floors had them.]

Checked in yesterday. No pixie dust for me :charac2: I did get upper floor but over lobby. And one of those small open balconies, no dividers in between. Can see into everyone’s balcony in the row. Yuck. After waiting and looking forward to our vacay for over 6 or more months it’s a bit of a let down. For me a balcony is everything. I love sitting on it having morning coffee, evening drink. But with daily rain it’s always wet, no roof over it for protection.
I would have asked to move, BUT I’m traveling with my dear friend, and they did give us connecting rooms so I’ll suck up the yuck balcony! And I’m back at WL and Disney. 1st World problems lol.

I’m glad we get to stay one more time before they refurb rooms. I love the light over table with the bears, and the carved headboard, Chip & Dale tiles in the bath. And having a ceiling fan. I’m afraid all these lovely touches will be gone and it will be a more generic room.

So far both yesterday and today we have had the predictable afternoon T-Storm but instead of it clearing in 30-60 min, with sun coming out it’s remained dark and intermittent rain.
We might have stayed in the same room. It was not my favorite room but it did have the benefit of being near the lobby. It was convenient when taking the buses.

Since you have a long stay you could ask about moving to a new room. They might have two together.

If the refurb starts in October, and if it starts with the CL rooms, do people think those rooms would be done by early December? We have a WL CL stay booked from Dec. 6-9 and it would be wonderful to have a freshly refurbished room.

I just managed to book a standard view club level room for the first week of Dec under the AP discount. This would be our first stay and am wondering if there is any area at the resort for HEA fireworks viewing and where the music may be piped in? Also, if we do manage to get lucky enough to get a room facing the castle, is there a channel you can turn to similar to the Contemporary where the soundtrack is played during the fireworks?
Thanks

The fireworks can be viewed from the OFC balcony and they pipe the music in.

Standard rooms face the castle side of the resort and you cannot get the music over the tv

I just managed to book a standard view club level room for the first week of Dec under the AP discount. This would be our first stay and am wondering if there is any area at the resort for HEA fireworks viewing and where the music may be piped in? Also, if we do manage to get lucky enough to get a room facing the castle, is there a channel you can turn to similar to the Contemporary where the soundtrack is played during the fireworks?
Thanks
Forgot to reply to your post, see above

Thanks
They also play it at Geyser Point.

The fireworks can be viewed from the OFC balcony and they pipe the music in.

Standard rooms face the castle side of the resort and you cannot get the music over the tv

Thanks Mary
Where is the OFC balcony? Is that on the rooftop? I’ve seen older posts refer to that area but am not sure if still open to guests.

Thanks Mary
Where is the OFC balcony? Is that on the rooftop? I’ve seen older posts refer to that area but am not sure if still open to guests.
The balcony is in the OFC area behind the cast members desk, the roof top is where the flags are raised.

Thanks
Standard view club level rooms can either face the castle side of the resort or the courtyard. You could request a castle view but there is no guarantee. The club lounge has a balcony and they play the music from the fireworks there. You can also go down to the area next to Geyser Point where you can see the high fireworks and play the music. :)

We might have stayed in the same room. It was not my favorite room but it did have the benefit of being near the lobby. It was convenient when taking the buses.

Since you have a long stay you could ask about moving to a new room. They might have two together.
I think I remember you posting a pic of your balcony. We are all unpacked so I really don’t want to re pack and unpack again! I packed too much as per usual. On the bright side we just watched Hallowishes (thru the trees) from balcony.
Do you remember Nanette from BC thread? Saw her at DHS today. We had time for a 20ish min meet up.

I think I remember you posting a pic of your balcony. We are all unpacked so I really don’t want to re pack and unpack again! I packed too much as per usual. On the bright side we just watched Hallowishes (thru the trees) from balcony.
Do you remember Nanette from BC thread? Saw her at DHS today. We had time for a 20ish min meet up.
We spent some time with Nanette back in October. Our trips overlapped that time. :)

We had a room that we hated at the WL, too, on one of our four day trips. It turned out that we could hear the service elevator at night, but we didn't know that until we were in bed that night. We stayed rather than ask to switch because we didn't want to pack up again.

On the bright side we just watched Hallowishes (thru the trees) from balcony.
I'm glad that you found some benefit to it. Getting connecting rooms is nice too. When we were in those lobby rooms, we found we enjoyed sitting in the chairs in front of the room and looking down into the lobby, or going to one or the nearby sitting areas to look out toward Bay Lake or into the lobby from above the entrance. The plus side of those areas is that they aren't affected by weather.

We had a room that we hated at the WL, too, on one of our four day trips. It turned out that we could hear the service elevator at night, but we didn't know that until we were in bed that night.
That would not be a pleasant surprise. Especially if it was one of those hidden elevators that guests don't have access to. We have found something neat and unique about every WL room location we've had, even if it wasn't what we would have requested. We'd still rather be in WL than most anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter