Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:
Thank you for posting this!
Thank you also for the well wishes. We are a little excited!
party::dancer:

You guys are going to have a great time! Your ticker countdown and occasion could be mine, minus the vacation destination;). Safe travels and aloha!

Hi folks,

Me and the Mrs will be staying at BRV Oct 27 thru Nov 2. This will be our first time visiting you folks. We've been enjoying the pictures and the details, nice to find what you need when you take a look.

Thank you and have a good day.

Welcome, @MrTriPod. I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log:)

I posted this question on the CL thread but wanted to ask here too. Does anyone have experience with returning a car to the Car Care Center and getting a shuttle back to WL? We have an Alamo rental and want to return it on the day we arrive. I am guessing this process would take at least an hour to return and get a shuttle back to the hotel? Do I need to contact Alamo ahead of time to get a shuttle? I made the reservation for picking up at MCO and returning at the Car Care Center. Is it better to prepay for gas when doing this also?

I posted this question on the CL thread but wanted to ask here too. Does anyone have experience with returning a car to the Car Care Center and getting a shuttle back to WL? We have an Alamo rental and want to return it on the day we arrive. I am guessing this process would take at least an hour to return and get a shuttle back to the hotel? Do I need to contact Alamo ahead of time to get a shuttle? I made the reservation for picking up at MCO and returning at the Car Care Center. Is it better to prepay for gas when doing this also?

There is a gas station at the car care center, so you can fill up there. When you go to drop off your car, you just tell them you need a shuttle back to WL. Although, you may consider getting dropped at a park, like MK, and taking the boat back. Although they may just put you on the shuttle with the MK folks and drop you off on the way. The two times I've done this, it took us about 30 minutes to drop off and get the shuttle.

What's the difference between Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek?

Boulder Ridge is the new name for the original DVC at WL. It was called Villas at Wilderness Lodge and is in a adjacent building to the main lodge. Copper Creek are the new DVC units in the main lodge building.

There is a gas station at the car care center, so you can fill up there. When you go to drop off your car, you just tell them you need a shuttle back to WL. Although, you may consider getting dropped at a park, like MK, and taking the boat back. Although they may just put you on the shuttle with the MK folks and drop you off on the way. The two times I've done this, it took us about 30 minutes to drop off and get the shuttle.

Thanks, I didn't know they would take you to a park too. I guess I would just go where ever is closer and faster. Is the gas reasonable (for on property)? I thought there was a station there, but really haven't driven onsite much.

Thanks, I didn't know they would take you to a park too. I guess I would just go where ever is closer and faster. Is the gas reasonable (for on property)? I thought there was a station there, but really haven't driven onsite much.

We only filled up about a quarter tank both times. First time I had a hybrid and didn't use a lot of gas, second time we had filled up a couple days earlier off property. But for on property, it didn't seem overly expensive.

Thanks, dalmatian7. That's what I thought. I sure would like to stay in the new cabins but I bet they will be hard to get (we are not DVC and not planning to be).

Yeah, the new cabins are quite expensive. A more interesting option for the rest of us is the fact that Copper Creek Villas also includes the South half of the main lodge building, which means you could get to stay in a DVC villa and still be in the main building. It will be another interesting option for renting points or booking direct through Disney, but I expect availability to be lower than similar accommodations in the Boulder Ridge Villas building next door.

Yeah, the new cabins are quite expensive. A more interesting option for the rest of us is the fact that Copper Creek Villas also includes the South half of the main lodge building, which means you could get to stay in a DVC villa and still be in the main building. It will be another interesting option for renting points or booking direct through Disney, but I expect availability to be lower than similar accommodations in the Boulder Ridge Villas building next door.
Thanks for that info....it is a thought. But I bet you're right, re: the lower availability.

It would be cool if another DIS member with an upcoming trip could do the same journal. Hint! Hint!

I see what you did there!:rotfl:Yes! I plan on writing back what I experienced to help others but unfortunately I'll have nothing for Animal Kingdom. :flower3:

Hello WDWKook,

Thank you for sending Imagineering Insight on Copper Creek, we really enjoyed the video, many times. What a beautiful place I can see why so many come back. We're still taking our time reading the information board and spend some nights taking turns reading the posts to each other. Thank you again.

I'm sorry if this has been asked. I read all if the thread info at the beginning, and the last three pages or so.

We will be staying at Boulder Ridge Villas in October as regular guests (not DVC). Do we have to pay for mousekeeping (if we want it) because we are in the DVC area?

I'm sorry if this has been asked. I read all if the thread info at the beginning, and the last three pages or so.

We will be staying at Boulder Ridge Villas in October as regular guests (not DVC). Do we have to pay for mousekeeping (if we want it) because we are in the DVC area?

Since you are not using DVC points, your own or renting, you WILL get daily housekeeping at no additional cost.

Hi folks,

Me and the Mrs will be staying at BRV Oct 27 thru Nov 2. This will be our first time visiting you folks. We've been enjoying the pictures and the details, nice to find what you need when you take a look.

Thank you and have a good day.

Hi MrTriPod!

You're dates are close to mine and we're staying at BRV too. If you're interested I started a thread for Halloween Planning here's the link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587125

I hope you and your wife enjoy your stay! WL and surrounding area is hands down one of the BEST resorts!

Hey Everyone!

We love the WL but we're not staying there this particular trip, but I am dying to try Geyser Point for lunch. Is there usually a long wait for tables? How's the food? Is it as beautiful as it looks?

Thanks

Hi I just booked Cooper Creek Studio. The majority of our stay will be at the beach club but i wanted to experience Wildnerlodge for a short stay. Where are the Copper Creek Studios located.

The two pools can anyone use them???

How is parking at Wilderness Lodge we will have our own car.

Hello!
Can anyone help with room requests? I'm getting a standard room, and my options just consist of "ground floor, highest floor, upper floor, near elevator, or near transportation." I definitely do not want to be near the elevator as I'm a light sleeper. What is the best chance for me to get away from construction? I really don't have any other preferences but just want to be away from the construction and would love to luck out and get a nice view if possible.
Thank you!

Hey Everyone!

We love the WL but we're not staying there this particular trip, but I am dying to try Geyser Point for lunch. Is there usually a long wait for tables? How's the food? Is it as beautiful as it looks?

Thanks
We are looking forward to it as well, and have heard great things about the unique food offerings. I can't imagine it is too crazy crowded, but it could get busier as the word gets out.

Hi I just booked Cooper Creek Studio. The majority of our stay will be at the beach club but i wanted to experience Wildnerlodge for a short stay. Where are the Copper Creek Studios located.

The two pools can anyone use them???

How is parking at Wilderness Lodge we will have our own car.
Congratulations! The Copper creek studios are located in the South Wing of the main building of the resort. From the initial floorplans we have seen they are scattered throughout the wing, and can be on either side so they either overlook the main pool or the new villas pool.
Yes, all guests can use wither pool once they open, and it is expected that by the time Copper Creek opens both pools will be open as well.

Parking is about average at WL. There is a good sized lot across from (West of) the main building. It isn't a very long walk at all, and is nice and flat.

Hello!
Can anyone help with room requests? I'm getting a standard room, and my options just consist of "ground floor, highest floor, upper floor, near elevator, or near transportation." I definitely do not want to be near the elevator as I'm a light sleeper. What is the best chance for me to get away from construction? I really don't have any other preferences but just want to be away from the construction and would love to luck out and get a nice view if possible.
Thank you!
Those are the online checkin room requests. In addition to those, you can call the reservation center and have specific requests (like quiet location) added to your reservation. Requests from both sources will be available to the room assignor when your room is assigned about a week or two before your stay.
We like high floors for view and reduced noise. If you booked Standard view, you will likely be on the North side of the North wing, with a balcony that generally faces towards MK. The far East end of the wing has potential boat noise from the transportation boat dock, and the West end (rooms that open to the lobby) have potential noise from WCC and the lobby, but great interior views. We loved our room in the middle, in the section just West of the elevators but since the elevators are around the corner and down the hall from there we didn't experience any noticeable noise from them. Have a great trip!

I was listening to a Podcast the other day and the person mentioned that the walk up at Geyser Point is giving the 20% AP discount for food since Roaring Forks is closed for refurb. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? I have searched around the interwebs and can't find anything about it.

Second question, has anyone tried using the 20% discounts (AP or TIW) for refillable mugs at the resorts with food court discounts (i.e. Roaring Forks, All-Stars, Pop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter