Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The travel time seems to be 6-7 minutes tops. One time (of 8 boat trips), we waited 10 minutes one time for a boat, but it was usually less than 5 mins.

My kids interests mainly involve MK and they are young and still nap -- so good access was key. We have a longer trip at CR coming up in Feb/Mar, but I wanted to try another resort. I kept debating and worrying, but WL is really, really great for MK. Our first day we had the kids nap until 3, but were in MK (meeting Mickey) by 3:30.

And it looks like if I'm going to rope drop I have to use the bus because it only starts running 30 min prior to opening, correct? I want to be at gate 45 minutes before rope drop.

And it looks like if I'm going to rope drop I have to use the bus because it only starts running 30 min prior to opening, correct? I want to be at gate 45 minutes before rope drop.

Yes, that is what I recall the signs saying. From my memory the boats run 30 mins before park opening until 1.5 hours after park closing.

Yup. Cobbler was good. I didn't take any pictures and I don't recall what they are called, but they also had these smores like desserts that were awesome. Mini-cupcake shaped and hard to describe, but delicious. My kids also ate at least 4 mini cupcakes per day. So while we didn't go during appetizer time, we ate plenty of desserts!

Awesome - thanks for the info!

FWIW, we had to be at MK early for EMM one morning back in November, was trying to be in line roughly 7:30 so I think I was at the boat dock just after 7ish. Regular park opening was 9AM. I (foolishly) assumed the MK boat was running at that hour (should have known better).

The MK boat wasn't running, but the boat to CR WAS so we took that and walked through CR and took the path to MK. Added a little bit of time to the journey but overall a very pleasant way to start the day!

Our rule of thumb has always been, if in a hurry-take the bus, if time doesn't matter-take the boat. It has served us well. :) IIRC the bus stop area for MK and FW are in the same place, so be careful to look at the bus and make sure it says MK. I might be wrong about that, it's been a while! Happy planning!

What time do the busses start heading to MK from WL? We have a PPO BOG breakfast ressie in Feb at 8:25 am, normal park opening is at 9 am that day.

What time do the busses start heading to MK from WL? We have a PPO BOG breakfast ressie in Feb at 8:25 am, normal park opening is at 9 am that day.

Busses start rolling at 6:30AM every day. Unless MK opens at 7AM, then they start rolling at 6AM.

Any idea what construction will be like by Easter? Sorry I haven't read up on any of it as I am booked at Poly but thinking of switching to Wilderness. Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked already because I haven't read though here, but was wondering, How far along the construction is for the villas & the pool & stuff.

Was thinking of staying here for a 3 night end of a another trip this summer, and wouldn't want to book here, if the stuff wasn't completed. Any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

DizDad.

Sorry if this has been asked already because I haven't read though here, but was wondering, How far along the construction is for the villas & the pool & stuff.

Was thinking of staying here for a 3 night end of a another trip this summer, and wouldn't want to book here, if the stuff wasn't completed. Any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

DizDad.

Info on page 1 states construction expected through 2017 so..... chances are between slim and none. Lots of pictures of the progress a few pages back

DizDad.

It's not completed or close but it's not disruptive at all. In fact, it's awesome. The silver springs pool is open and the resort is at half capacity. Feels empty. We stayed there last week and hardly noticed the ongoing construction at all.

Hello!! We just got back from a stay at the Boardwalk, our first trip we've stayed anywhere but the Lodge. We almost switched a few times during the trip, because we realized we are Lodge people through and through. We did go visit to see the decorations...wow! It's the definition of cozy Christmas. So pretty! We ended up sitting through the DVC info thing on our last day, and we are strongly considering buying in when Copper Creek becomes available, because even though my next two trips this year are at different resorts, our heart lies with the Wilderness Lodge, and I don't think I'll be truly content anywhere else. IMG_7652.jpg IMG_7657.jpg IMG_7658.jpg IMG_7659.jpg IMG_7669.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter