Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of last year, Loyda was moved downstairs. I don't have current information though.
Thanks Kooks, we saw her this past September at the Wilderness Lodge. We were staying at the Poly and made a trip just to see her and she was at the lobby front desk. I am trying to plan our next trip around our favorite CM... Italia's fairy godmother.

Hi, this may have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I hope someone can remind me of the answer --

I think someone said that as a result of trees having been removed during construction, some of the "Standard view" WL rooms now have a view of the Magic Kingdom? What room numbers or general area of rooms would that be?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, this may have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I hope someone can remind me of the answer --

I think someone said that as a result of trees having been removed during construction, some of the "Standard view" WL rooms now have a view of the Magic Kingdom? What room numbers or general area of rooms would that be?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know of room numbers but 3 different family members have gotten awesome views of the MK when booked standard by requesting "MK View".

Don't know of room numbers but 3 different family members have gotten awesome views of the MK when booked standard by requesting "MK View".
Thanks, I'd already called and tried to request an "MK view" in the standard category, but the CM I spoke with thought there is no such thing. So I thought if I could call back and request a specific range of room numbers, maybe I'd have better success.

Thanks, I'd already called and tried to request an "MK view" in the standard category, but the CM I spoke with thought there is no such thing. So I thought if I could call back and request a specific range of room numbers, maybe I'd have better success.

I would call back and hopefully you get a CM that will just note what you want. There are 4 floors that have really good views so it might be hard to get all the possible room numbers listed.

I would call back and hopefully you get a CM that will just note what you want. There are 4 floors that have really good views so it might be hard to get all the possible room numbers listed.

Thank you for this recommendation. I have done as you suggested, and the second CM was indeed willing to note the request. :thumbsup2

Does one of those floors have a better view, or are they all about equally good?

Thank you for this recommendation. I have done as you suggested, and the second CM was indeed willing to note the request. :thumbsup2

Does one of those floors have a better view, or are they all about equally good?
Higher floor would probably be best.

I was trying to find the pictures i saw either yesterday or the day b4..Someone posted somewhere of her view. From here window you can see the construction of the new cabins on the northern side, and beyond that the water, & further beyond that to the right I'm guessin should be the castle.

If I find it I'll link it for sure

EDIT: Found it. http://www.disboards.com/threads/wh...ing-about-construction.3567077/#post-56910183

Thanks in advance.
We were booked in a Standard View in Dec and had room 6012 with a great view. All the upper floor rooms from 6012 toward the elevator had great views (I think the room numbers increased toward the elevator to 6034).

Thanks in advance.

I was in room 4034 in Dec. and had a great view of the castle, the fireworks and the Contemporary. It was a 'standard' room.

Hey all! We're staying at WL for just 1 night & then heading to Shades of Green for the next 4 nights. We plan to arrive at WL on 1/21 earlier than check in...maybe around 10am & enjoying all the club level perks. We'll check out 1/22 before heading to MK. My question is can we leave our luggage at WL until we're done at the park? Or does anyone have any advice on a better way to go about transferring luggage from WL to SOG without wasting our park time? Thanks!!

Hey all! We're staying at WL for just 1 night & then heading to Shades of Green for the next 4 nights. We plan to arrive at WL on 1/21 earlier than check in...maybe around 10am & enjoying all the club level perks. We'll check out 1/22 before heading to MK. My question is can we leave our luggage at WL until we're done at the park? Or does anyone have any advice on a better way to go about transferring luggage from WL to SOG without wasting our park time? Thanks!!

You absolutely can leave them w/ Bell services...Just pick them up when you need to transport them. If it were a Disney resort I believe that they would transfer them for you....

You absolutely can leave them w/ Bell services...Just pick them up when you need to transport them. If it were a Disney resort I believe that they would transfer them for you....

That is correct...if moving to a Disney resort they will transfer for you but not sure about Shades of Green. :tink:

Looking forward to a first stay at WL CL for the week of 8 Oct. grateful to Disney for the military discount!

You'll get to experience a fresh, new lounge:). I (finally) posted @GADisneyDad14's new CL photos to the Club Level chapter. That 40% off is wonderful and thank you for your service!

Thanks for all this info.

On another topic -- are they still doing the WL resort tour, during construction?

As far as I know, Jack is still hosting them as scheduled.

Kook, can you please add me to the Lodger's Log for February 3-9 2017? I'm back to the OFC, excited to see the new lounge!

Does this mean we get your fabulous photos?! I hope so! I would love to adorn the first two pages with them.

We loved WL so much we are coming back! Deluxe room with Club Level access. We will be staying November 13-18,2017!

My sister (SarahSnow) here on DIS, my mom, my aunt, my cousin and her 2 children (they will be 9 and almost 2) when we go. We talked them into staying at WL and I hope they love it as much as I did.

Congratulations and I'll log your dates. Will they being staying CL as well?

I did a little interneting and found that they will transfer your bags from your Disney resort to SoG. Just take them to WL Bell Services. If for some reason this is no longer true, you could always just Uber over and leave your bags with SoG Bell Services or leave them at WL and go back later when you want to transfer them yourself to SoG.

Just a reminder, you have full CL access beginning at 6:30 AM your check-in day, when the coffee service begins, (breakfast begins at 7 AM), until 10 PM (when the lounge closes) of your check-out day.

Last edited:
Yes we are all sharing a Deluxe room :)

So you have 4 on the two queens, 2 on the sleeper and 1 in a crib? You sure have maxed out the Deluxe. Just curious if you had priced-out two standard club level rooms? Sometimes that can work out better and it would have two bathrooms and be on the club level floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter