Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe old isn't the right word. I think it's more that the decorations look kind of like city grates, and that makes it look older or industrial or something.
POP%20Centurey001.jpg

I didn't mean to offend. I get that people like it a lot. It just looked kind of disappointing to me. My daughter loves Toy Story, so we were expecting all the Toy Story characters, and the cute Fantasia pool with sorcerer Mickey and the whimsical brooms. A pool with a computer (or one with hippies) just seems a little less... fun.
View attachment 505251
But maybe I'm wrong! People are already telling me things I didn't know, like there's a splash pad at one of the pools at Pop! I think it will end up being more enjoyable than it sounds or looks from the pictures. When it comes down to it, my kid will love a pool whether it's got Mickey spraying water at her, a computer statue, or no decor at all!

You're also right that almost all the values are very large, it's just that Pop specifically is the largest. I believe it's the largest of all the Disney resorts. Pop Century has 2,880 rooms, All-Star Movies and Sports have 1,920 rooms, All-Star Music has 1,604 rooms, and Art of Animation has 984 rooms.

I'm sure I'll end up liking it there. There have been some people who on these boards who said they like Pop more than deluxe resorts! It sounds like most people end up really liking it after they stay there, so I'm sure I'll be the same way. I think I'll really like the Skyliner especially.
You’re probably aware but the number of rooms is not indicative of the physical size of the resort. While AoA has the least number of rooms, it’s buildings are the same size as Pop Century and in fact some of the AoA rooms are further from the buses than the Pop rooms are. AoA is mainly suites so less rooms.

The All Star Resorts are 3 stories high while Pop and AoA are 4 stories tall.

Last edited:
My husband and I have stayed at Pop Century for our last two Disney trips in 2017 and 2018. We booked All Star Movies for our upcoming 2020 trip because Pop was no longer in our budget due to the addition of the Skyliner. As fate would have it, we’re back at Pop! I’m hoping to be put in a section we’ve never stayed in before. :) I’m so ready to be back!

Maybe old isn't the right word. I think it's more that the decorations look kind of like city grates, and that makes it look older or industrial or something.
POP%20Centurey001.jpg

I didn't mean to offend. I get that people like it a lot. It just looked kind of disappointing to me. My daughter loves Toy Story, so we were expecting all the Toy Story characters, and the cute Fantasia pool with sorcerer Mickey and the whimsical brooms. A pool with a computer (or one with hippies) just seems a little less... fun.
View attachment 505251
I get what you’re saying in terms of the theme. For me, themeing is a huge part of my resort enjoyment. If you don’t like the theme of a resort, it can definitely play a big part in your perception of how you feel about the resort as a whole. Hopefully, you’ll end up finding the appeal in Pop. :goodvibes

Please don't fear the loss of stories tall characters. No, they aren't Toy Story, but you do get Baloo and Mowgli, Lady and the Tramp, Mr and Mrs Potato Head, Goofy, and Roger Rabbit along with Play Dough and a Mickey Phone. There is a permanent Twister game set up also. We have stayed off site, at Shades of Green, and at Pop. The only other resort I have even considered is POFQ when we were looking at needing 3 scooters in the room. POFQ is possible for my best friend and me Dec 2021 only because I don't want to have to play Mr T on the A-Team to get her on the gondolas. Otherwise, it would be Pop again.

You're also right that almost all the values are very large, it's just that Pop specifically is the largest. I believe it's the largest of all the Disney resorts. Pop Century has 2,880 rooms, All-Star Movies and Sports have 1,920 rooms, All-Star Music has 1,604 rooms, and Art of Animation has 984 rooms.
Just to avoid confusing future readers of this thread :) Pop holds the most people because it's a story taller (times ten buildings) than any All Star. Art of Animation doesn't have 984 rooms. It has 864 regular rooms, and 1,120 Family Suites. My calculations are resulting in 96 ASMusic Family Suites, so 1,752 regular rooms - But admittedly, I could be extremely wrong there.

But, again,

Here are the number of rooms at each of the value resorts. Unfortunately I don’t have the exact breakdown between single rooms and suites at Music and AoA.

Pop Century: 2,880
All-Star Movies: 1,920
All-Star Music: 1,604
All-Star Spirts: 1,920
Art of Animation: 1,984

Here are the number of rooms at each of the value resorts. Unfortunately I don’t have the exact breakdown between single rooms and suites at Music and AoA.

Pop Century: 2,880
All-Star Movies: 1,920
All-Star Music: 1,604
All-Star Spirts: 1,920
Art of Animation: 1,984
I want to stay at All Star Spirits. 🍸🍸🍸

According to Touring Plans, there are 192 suites at All Star Music and 1,120 at Art of Animation. If I am mathing correctly that means there are 1,412 standard rooms at All Star Music and 864 at Art of Animation. It is amazing how many sites have so many different numbers for All Star Music. But I am betting Touring Plans is correct here.

Just to avoid confusing future readers of this thread :) Pop holds the most people because it's a story taller (times ten buildings) than any All Star.
This is true, but Pop and AoA LM have more rooms per floor too. All Stars have 3 wings per building, 2 wings with 20 rooms each per floor and one wing with 24 rooms. Pop has 3 wings with 24 rooms each per floor. So the long part of the building is a little longer.

Here is a Touchdown! building at AS Sports overlayed on top of a 60s building at Pop. If you look closely you can see that the All Star building ends where the arrows are.

Last edited:
I got the AoA numbers from https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/art-of-animation.htm, and did my best to calculate the AS Music breakdown: eight pairs of connecting rooms on each floor of four (the Preferred) buildings turned into suites: 8*3*4=96
Original 1,920 AS Music rooms minus the original 192 rooms converted: 1,920-192=1,718,+96=1,814. So, still off. Touring Plans indicates 192 suites (which I can't picture because only the connecting rooms were converted, right?) And All Ears says 1,706 total units. And the official site doesn't offer a breakdown, or even a room count.

This is true, but Pop and AoA LM have more rooms per floor too. All Stars have 3 wings per building, 2 wings with 20 rooms each per floor and one wing with 24 rooms. Pop has 3 wings with 24 rooms each per floor. So the long part of the building is a little longer.

Here is a Touchdown! building at AS Sports overlayed on top of a 60s building at Pop. If you look closely you can see that the All Star building ends where the arrows are.

View attachment 505381
Interesting!! I hadn’t realized this.
I got my numbers from Touring Plans.
I LOVE the All-Stars,BUT they cannot compete with POP since Disney Skyliner took to the skies!

Skyliner is SO convenient and SO fun-it is like riding your first attraction of the day before you even get to Epcot or DHS! :)
I totally believe you and would FINALLY like to confirm it for myself but sadly it appears we’re going to miss the Skyliner AGAIN!!! :sad::sad::sad:

We have stayed at Pop 6 different times while the Skyliner was being built (from the day the very first tower went up to less than 2 weeks before it officially opened last Sep) and have never ridden it. This Sep looked to be our opportunity to ride but alas between the number of cases in FL right now, border closures and more, it looks like we’ll be waiting again!! *sigh*

Can’t imagine how exciting it will be when someday we FINALLY get to fly in the Skyliner!!:flower1:

Plus, I'd like to eventually try all of the resorts at WDW, so now is a good time to try Pop! Once the economy recovers, I bet the price of Pop goes up more due to the Skyliner.

Woohoo! I had changed my July 4th reservation to Riviera in Nov/Dec a few weeks ago, when only DVC resorts were set to open. A bit too rich for my blood, but I wanted to do the switch in case they wouldn't allow new reservations. I just called the 934-7639 number and only waited about 30 minutes and was able to switch to a Pop standard room! Still get the Skyliner but less than half the price, thank goodness :hyper: . I'm still pretty unconvinced this trip will be happening for me, but I'm making reservations just in case. If they are still doing the zones on the buses, then the Skyliner seems essential for any trip. On my last trip, I usually got a solo gondola anyway, so I don't imagine they will get that backed up like the buses will. I think I will have to make a decision on this trip when more details about AP refunds come out, I'm leaning towards cancelling but we'll see if there's a timeline on making that decision or not...

I’m sure the answer is ‘no’ but I have to ask.

Has anyone successfully move a 2020 trip that has the 35% room discount attached to it, into 2021 and kept the discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter