Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean to say that the food court might be closed...? The first thing listed on this list is Everything Pop Food Court....

Hi, kdisser.

"Everything Pop" Food Court is the name of the Disney Pop Century Resort Quick Service food court.

The list is showing the initial reopening of reduced food options at Disney Pop Century Resort's Everything Pop Food Court.

I know with all of these WDW changes and rumors, it is confusing to me, too.

Does anyone know if the resorts are going to reduced occupancy, it seems like a lot of people moved to Pop Century.

Hi, finleyd.

I don't know, but it looks like initially, everything at WDW will have

So Disney really doesn't want anyone to have breakfast, huh? I really hope by September they have some breakfast items. With the parks opening later there aren't too many breakfast options.
We generally get our breakfast food at the grocery store. The only things we really need from the food court is hot water for coffee or oatmeal. The only exception to this is if we made a breakfast reservation somewhere. (With the new exception being that breakfast/brunch buffets are no longer an option.)

We generally get our breakfast food at the grocery store. The only things we really need from the food court is hot water for coffee or oatmeal. The only exception to this is if we made a breakfast reservation somewhere. (With the new exception being that breakfast/brunch buffets are no longer an option.)

We normally grab a snack at the food court and have breakfast at a table service or an early lunch. The way the park hours are now and with no real table service breakfast our new plan was to grab a full breakfast at the hotel and eat lunch/dinner around 2:00.

I came here to see if anyone heard anything about possible pool hours once Pop reopens and now i'm blown away that it looks like the food court is not serving breakfast.

Last edited:
yep my daughter is happy they at least have the waffles. It is a rare thing she likes that any Disney restaurant kept on the menu lol. Almost all of her favorite menu items were discontinued (and many of mine too).

I don't like eggs, so I usually get the chocolate chip pancake platter and that fills me up for a long time. I guess I will have to do waffles, but don't think I will stay full as long.

I don't like eggs, so I usually get the chocolate chip pancake platter and that fills me up for a long time. I guess I will have to do waffles, but don't think I will stay full as long.

AoA has pancakes and I believe I saw choc chip as an option there. I would walk over there for them if it was me. We used to do that all the time when they had a much better menu - like the make your own pasta.

You mean to say that the food court might be closed...? The first thing listed on this list is Everything Pop Food Court....
Pop Century food court is open with a reduced menu.
AoA has pancakes and I believe I saw choc chip as an option there. I would walk over there for them if it was me. We used to do that all the time when they had a much better menu - like the make your own pasta.

Just a reminder that Art of Animation is not rescheduled to open until August 12th so guests at Pop will need to keep this in mind if they're staying before then.

So far the Art of Animation food selections appear to be much greater than Pop's but Pop's weren't decreased until less than 2 weeks before resort opening so AoA's menu might still change too. Hopefully not though as they have a much better selection and with it being so close I can see us walking there for some dining variety.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/art-of-animation-resort/landscape-of-flavors/menus/

Just a reminder that Art of Animation is not rescheduled to open until August 12th so guests at Pop will need to keep this in mind if they're staying before then.

So far the Art of Animation food selections appear to be much greater than Pop's but Pop's weren't decreased until less than 2 weeks before resort opening so AoA's menu might still change too. Hopefully not though as they have a much better selection and with it being so close I can see us walking there for some dining variety.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/art-of-animation-resort/landscape-of-flavors/menus/

Exactly what I was going to say, I would gladly walk over to AOA, but have a feeling they will have the same basic choices as POP.

very good points

I’m sure the answer is ‘no’ but I have to ask.

Has anyone successfully move a 2020 trip that has the 35% room discount attached to it, into 2021 and kept the discount?
So we called today about moving trip dates.
We were able to move from September (were from NY it’s getting to complicated to try to go then our trip was supposed to end the day the new state of emergency ended.).

After talking to guest relation we were able to love to 12/27 to 01/03 keeping our 35% discount. But if we didn’t keep a day in 2020 she said it wouldn’t be kept. The best part for us was that we were able to add to finally get the park hoppers that we can’t use taken off and keep the 35% off.

Hopefully by September Disney will have a better understanding and some of a new routine. Something that I would definitely be preparing for is bringing more snacks and breakfast type items in my travels. We would typically do this anyways just so we would be able to get ready and head to the parks. You could always bring some snacks like granola bars to the parks if you're concerned you may not be full as long. I know for my fiance and I a couple extra granola bars in the park bag does the trick to hold us over until lunch.

For those that are still going, how are you planning your ADRs? The way everything is changing, who knows what dining will look like in September.

We talked about just winging it and seeing what's what when we get there. My biggest thing is making sure we don't get stuck eating at Pop's food court for most of the trip cuz everything is closed or we didn't have a plan. That's what wound up happening on our universal trip a few weeks ago, and while the food court at Cabana Bay is good, it was limited and after a few days...boring.

For those that are still going, how are you planning your ADRs? The way everything is changing, who knows what dining will look like in September.

We talked about just winging it and seeing what's what when we get there. My biggest thing is making sure we don't get stuck eating at Pop's food court for most of the trip cuz everything is closed or we didn't have a plan. That's what wound up happening on our universal trip a few weeks ago, and while the food court at Cabana Bay is good, it was limited and after a few days...boring.

Planning on breakfast at the hotel with later park opening hours. I did the park reservations first and then made my dining reservations at the park I am going to for 2 pm lunch/dinner. If we are hungry later we will grab a snack somewhere.

We check in July 18th

I've had a very hard time with planning ADRs for my family. My kids are 11 and 2 (turns 3 during the trip) so we would like to something planned each day to take a break from the heat and mask.

The options are just lacking across the board for in park dinning. Plus the menus keep changing for places to eat in the parks (Looking at you Liberty Tree). I'm assuming quick service will be busy and then trying to find a table inside with AC might be a major pain. So we went ahead and booked ADRs daily in the parks between 11:30-12:30. I know we will eat breakfast at Pop before Epcot and HS (Late openings) and i'm going to suck it up nightly and eat at Pop while the kids swim. I'm just praying my kids can handle the mask long enough each day to get some time in at the parks and if they do i'll happily drink at the pool while they swim and eat that wonderful Pop Century pizza nightly.

This trip (if it happens) will be very different for us. We've traveled with free dining for 10 years. I can't afford ADR prices so it will be a Quick Service dining trip. Planning to eat in the parks when we're there as it offers variety from Pop's food court. Also hoping we'll be able to visit other resorts and try out their quick service options. Disney Springs will also be a location of choice after the parks close, and eat there.

SO many restrictions this year is weighing into this trip. Holding onto our reservation right now but only time will tell if this trip actually happens on schedule or is pushed out until things settle down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter