Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was great to see them up in the air when I watched a vlog from Topolono’s terrace today. We just missed the opening of them at our last pop stay and we were afraid we wouldn’t have them this time (saw them when we stayed briefly at Music in February). Things are looking up!
Yeah, we just barely missed them last year too. Had to watch them test it the whole time of our trip. so excited to get to ride them. we are ago for July 12th woo hoo

Did you book before the last ticket price increase? They increased days 5-10 by about $15/person/day - on a long trip that really adds up.

I forgot about that...that alone would more than make up the $290 price difference in *my* reservation. I'm still baffled that the difference in price can be attributed solely to ticket price increases (which I suspected). How did the price of a suite at AoA not increase since August 2019??? I need to find my planning notes from when we were booking the trip we're supposed to be on right now and see what I have as the room and ticket breakdown. I might not sleep until I figure this out. :D

Yikes!! That is a huge increase! We were booked for a LK suite at AoA for 6/24-7/4/20 (sniff, sniff...I should be driving to Disney right now. :( ) We booked that in August 2019. Our total cost with (5) 8-day parkhopper tickets was $7864. That was the rack rate (we were on a free dining bounceback). Our TA booked our June 2021 trip this morning -- same room, same number of nights, same number of people, same tickets and our cost was $8154 -- so an increase of $290 -- less than 4%. I was really expecting it to be much higher. And that just makes your $1000 increase look even worse! Now of course, we'll probably end up having to change something and we'll get hit with whatever price increases happen between now and then, but for now, I'm happy.
I just took the time to compare 1 of my trips to get actual numbers. (I currently have 2 trips booked for late this summer as I wasn't sure which dates we would be going.) The one trip (free dining bounce back) is a little hard to calculate but I was able to compare the other one.

The increase for our trip, moving it from Aug 2020 to Aug 2021 would be $808.72 so not quite the $1000 but very close....and over $1,130 CDN! That being said, we are losing 2 offers from the August 2020 trip. It currently has a 35% room discount applied to it that we will lose and, a Canadian ticket discount that was offered earlier this year.

So yes, our 9 night trip would go up over $800 US but that may not be indicative of what other people's trips would increase since our Aug 2020 trip has 2 discounts, not just 1.

I just took the time to compare 1 of my trips to get actual numbers. (I currently have 2 trips booked for late this summer as I wasn't sure which dates we would be going.) The one trip (free dining bounce back) is a little hard to calculate but I was able to compare the other one.

The increase for our trip, moving it from Aug 2020 to Aug 2021 would be $808.72 so not quite the $1000 but very close....and over $1,130 CDN! That being said, we are losing 2 offers from the August 2020 trip. It currently has a 35% room discount applied to it that we will lose and, a Canadian ticket discount that was offered earlier this year.

So yes, our 9 night trip would go up over $800 US but that may not be indicative of what other people's trips would increase since our Aug 2020 trip has 2 discounts, not just 1.

That seems a little more reasonable (though still a lot of money)...the fact that you're losing a discount plays a big factor in the difference.

I just pulled our numbers from my planning notes from Aug 2019 and compared them to what the Disney website gives me for pricing our 2021 trip (since we booked a package, the confirmation doesn't show the breakdown) and the entire $290 increase for us on an 8-day trip is all in the tickets. The suite is the same price as when we booked in 2019 (both trips booked at rack rate....hoping for a discount but not holding my breath). I still find it odd that the price on the room is the same as it was 2 years ago.

We haven't seen the completed pool area either. I'm curious to know for sure what all they did. Maybe they made no significant changes, but do we know for sure?

Gave up my Pop reservation attached to my 11/1/2020 Disney Cruise. I moved the cruise to Feb 2021 and booked a pre-cruise (185, 198 and 237)
at Pop. Rates were for Wed, Thur and Fri standard room . Also booked park reservations for the 3 days pre-cruise.
We are from NJ and are 70+ so it was to risky to cruise on 11/1/2020 for our age.

Modified an existing reservation to Pop Century from December 19th - 23rd. We're looking forward to it. Plan to do door & room decorations, maybe even a Christmas tree.

YIKES!!! Just tried to move my Aug 2020 trip to Sep 2021 and the exact same trip is $1000 more!! Nope, going to leave it right where it is for now!

I'm guessing it dropped the room discount but it's still a hefty price increase even taking that into account! Here's hoping they offer some sort of discounts for 2021. Time will tell....
I can't even tell, we have rebooked so many times. No dining plan and we had the QS plan( paying for that). there are 5 "Disney Adults" I think the 2020 price was $55/night. that's $275/day!! hoping for some sort of discount for next Spring.

YIKES!!! Just tried to move my Aug 2020 trip to Sep 2021 and the exact same trip is $1000 more!! Nope, going to leave it right where it is for now!

I'm guessing it dropped the room discount but it's still a hefty price increase even taking that into account! Here's hoping they offer some sort of discounts for 2021. Time will tell....
I think Pop just had really good rates for August 2020. My August trip was actually a little over $100 less than my January 2020 trip, for the same room category with the same discount percentage. I am not changing that reservation for anything other than the hotel is closed or I get the virus. I would even go and not go to the parks. I don’t think we will see any good discounts any time soon. I just booked my January 2021 trip at Pop yesterday, and it’s about $500 more than the August 2020 trip (same room category, no discount). I could really use a discount, but at least I was able to get a room I can afford.

I'm so confused by the new policies, I hope someone here could help. I have a room only reservation for Pop for a September 7th check-in. We have absolutely no idea if we are going to be going...When can I cancel by and still receive my full deposit back?

I'm so confused by the new policies, I hope someone here could help. I have a room only reservation for Pop for a September 7th check-in. We have absolutely no idea if we are going to be going...When can I cancel by and still receive my full deposit back?
5 days out
6 days for online bookings - I didn’t know that before until I just looked into it

5 days out
6 days for online bookings - I didn’t know that before until I just looked into it

Is this different than what it usually is? The reason I'm confused is because I feel like I've seen the 5/6 days out before but when I go to this following link it says "To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through October 3, 2020."
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/#modifications-cancellations-refunds
Is this talking about something else? To be honest we wouldn't leave our decision that close anyway. No way we wouldn't be decided by at least a week away. It's just, I got one of those emails yesterday from email saying that I need to respond by August 8th if we still plan to come. I'm worried if I respond to that email that yes we still "plan" to come that we somehow won't get a full refund if we decide not to go.

Is this different than what it usually is? The reason I'm confused is because I feel like I've seen the 5/6 days out before but when I go to this following link it says "To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through October 3, 2020."
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/#modifications-cancellations-refunds
Is this talking about something else? To be honest we wouldn't leave our decision that close anyway. No way we wouldn't be decided by at least a week away. It's just, I got one of those emails yesterday from email saying that I need to respond by August 8th if we still plan to come. I'm worried if I respond to that email that yes we still "plan" to come that we somehow won't get a full refund if we decide not to go.
Yep. You’re right. It does say Oct. 3rd. But like you, I wouldn’t cut it that close.

And yes, I know what you mean by that email because once you choose something, it won’t let you change your decision. So I would still respond that you’re coming, even if you’re unsure by Aug. 8th. You still have the right to cancel and get your deposit back. I don’t think that should be an issue. But I totally get where you’re coming from and I would feel uneasy as well.

WOW!!! For those of us who wondered if adding the Skyliner would increase the cost of rooms at Pop the answer is in and it's a resounding YES!!!

I'm looking to book in mid-SEPTEMBER 2021 and the Friday and Saturday night are $232.00 before taxes making the average price of our room over 9 nights more than $200/night for a Standard room!!! That's crazy!

Not really sure what's special about Sep 17 and 18, 2021 as the weekend before the exact same standard room is 'only' $197/night. Why those 2 nights are $35 more each night I don't know??

Also, All Stars are not bookable for 2021 yet so Pop and AoA are the only Value resorts that are available to be booked. I'm sure this gives Disney leverage to increase the cost of the rooms at Pop as they are currently the 'least expensive' of all Disney resort rooms available to be booked.
Where did you see the room rates? I'm trying to pick some days for my next trip.

Yesterday, I rescheduled my September trip to November. Still at Pop Century, same number of days, same tickets. Still retained my 35% room discount. It increased my costs by $117.14 (due to season).

Where did you see the room rates? I'm trying to pick some days for my next trip.
I looked up specific dates for a trip and selected Pop Century.

When the list of room types and prices are displayed, click 'Rate Details'

From there a list of prices for each night is displayed

From there if you click 'View Rate Calendar' it shows room rates in calendar form.
This is something new i just found this week. Not sure how long it's been there?

Attachments

• 1593177929075.png
    1593177929075.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 15
I looked up specific dates for a trip and selected Pop Century.

When the list of room types and prices are displayed, click 'Rate Details'
View attachment 504266

From there a list of prices for each night is displayed
View attachment 504270

From there if you click 'View Rate Calendar' it shows room rates in calendar form.
View attachment 504271
This is something new i just found this week. Not sure how long it's been there?
I didn’t know you could do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter