Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Pop charge a fee for Grocery delivery services and will Bell Services hold our order? We wanted to try Amazon Prime Now. Also wondering if we have to respond to the delivery driver via text as we are Canadian and won't have cell phone services.

Related to groceries... also wondering about the refridgerator in the room. Does it have a small freezer section for frozen items? I know there was a microwave/toaster in the quick service area the last time we were there 2 years ago. Is that still the case? Thanks in advance!

Does Pop charge a fee for Grocery delivery services and will Bell Services hold our order? We wanted to try Amazon Prime Now. Also wondering if we have to respond to the delivery driver via text as we are Canadian and won't have cell phone services.

Related to groceries... also wondering about the refridgerator in the room. Does it have a small freezer section for frozen items? I know there was a microwave/toaster in the quick service area the last time we were there 2 years ago. Is that still the case? Thanks in advance!
Pop charges $6/pkg for pkg delivery. I’m not sure if they are charging this for groceries or not.

Grocery deliveries are normally held by luggage services. You can contact them from the phone in your room or, walk to luggage services and pick them up yourselves if you wish.

No, the fridge in your room does not have a freezer section.

Yes, the food court still has microwaves and toasters for guests to use.

Pop charges $6/pkg for pkg delivery. I’m not sure if they are charging this for groceries or not.
I stayed at AoA last month. When I called and asked if I could have our groceries brought up to our room, I was told there was a $6 charge for it (whereas they would not charge it if I picked up myself). I would guess the same is true at Pop but could be different.

I have questions as well. If I go pick up our groceries myself, I assume they are being held with Bell Services...do I have to tip them for holding the groceries there? Or am I supposed to be available there and waiting to pick up the groceries at Bell services exactly when Garden Grocer drops them off? Sorry I’ve never done this before so just wondering what the options are if I don’t want the groceries delivered to the room. Thanks.

I have questions as well. If I go pick up our groceries myself, I assume they are being held with Bell Services...do I have to tip them for holding the groceries there?

You don't ever HAVE to tip for anything. But, it is customary to tip them when you pick up your order.

Or am I supposed to be available there and waiting to pick up the groceries at Bell services exactly when Garden Grocer drops them off?

You can do that if you want to. But Bell Services receives dozens, if not more, grocery deliveries every day for guests.

Sorry I’ve never done this before so just wondering what the options are if I don’t want the groceries delivered to the room. Thanks.

No need to be sorry for asking questions. That is what the DIS is all about! You can meet the driver yourself or you can just pick them up from Bell Services later.

You don't ever HAVE to tip for anything. But, it is customary to tip them when you pick up your order.
If we picked up our groceries ourself at bell services, what would be an acceptable tip amount for bell services simply holding our groceries until we can pick them up? I would want to tip them. Thanks!

We were just there in September and had placed an order thru Garden Grocer. We had 2 bags and were charged $6 total for both bags. No freezer section in the fridge. They still have a microwave and toaster in the food court.

My sweet spot for being *super* early to the MK from Pop is to get in line for the bus at 7:10-7:15. But that's overkill. (I like to rope drop Frontierland at the front of the pack.)

The sheer number of MK buses they throw at Pop in the mornings is really impressive!

How about buses to HS? My DS and I are going in April and we want to concentrate on Galaxies Edge.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello---any Moderators around?

The fax number listed on Page 1 on the first post has been incorrect for at least a year.

The present fax number for Pop is 407-938-4040.

Please update the info................Thanks!

How about buses to HS? My DR and I are going in April and we want to concentrate on Galaxies Edge.

I've never rope dropped HS (my one visit to Batuu was an afternoon preview slot), but it looked like buses to all four parks were running by around 7am on my last visit.

I just don’t want to look out my window and see the back of a large icon blocking the light.
No icon blocking anything unless you're a small child, a little person or kneeling.
We’re staying at Pop next weekend and have an 8:40 am Garden Grill ADR. I guess we’ll have to take the bus instead of the Skyliner also. I was hoping it might work out but an 8:00 opening won’t quite be early enough.
You should be able to make an 8:40 ADR with the Skyliner starting at 8. Somebody cultured said it took 20 minutes from Pop to Epcot.
Since you have more kids then adults, you’re guaranteed a connecting room.
I was told that if you have more children than adults they will put you in connecting rooms.
Sorry, no you're not, ever. Two adults traveling with 3+ minor children can each stay in separate rooms, each with some of the children.

I was checking out the food courts of various resorts and have to say was really disappointed in some menus. I remember reading recently that they were going to standardize all the food courts, but they took away the essence of Pop and AoA. I booked Pop anyway, but I feel abandoned by Disney. No pot pie at Pop and no build your own salad at AoA, among other items that are missing.

very seriously, contact Disney and express your disappointment.

Just booked 14 nights at disneyworld for 20th September in Pop Century Pool view. wasn't going to but have been regretting saying no for next year. The only difference will be going with the dining plan not deluxe dining plan. Any advise as I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees.

Just booked 14 nights at disneyworld for 20th September in Pop Century Pool view. wasn't going to but have been regretting saying no for next year. The only difference will be going with the dining plan not deluxe dining plan. Any advise as I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees.
Did you book Preferred Pool View? Those would be closest to everything. We don’t do the dining plans because even the quick service is way too much food. I’d rather take a room discount and use the savings towards paying for our meals OOP.

No icon blocking anything unless you're a small child, a little person or kneeling.

You should be able to make an 8:40 ADR with the Skyliner starting at 8. Somebody cultured said it took 20 minutes from Pop to Epcot.
Sorry, no you're not, ever. Two adults traveling with 3+ minor children can each stay in separate rooms, each with some of the children.
That may be but Disney really does not like to separate families like that and will place them in connecting rooms first before honoring any other connected room requests.

That may be but Disney really does not like to separate families like that and will place them in connecting rooms first before honoring any other connected room requests.
There is never a guarantee that connecting rooms will be granted nor do we know the priority they place on how connecting rooms are assigned. I would rather people go in with realistic expectations that the rooms may not be connecting than anticipating connecting rooms and this not be the case. @Kaytieelder was quite correct with her response.

Did you book Preferred Pool View? Those would be closest to everything. We don’t do the dining plans because even the quick service is way too much food. I’d rather take a room discount and use the savings towards paying for our meals OOP.
No its standard pool view that was all that was available in September can't be in October as I am going on a 7 day cruise around Greece with my sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter