Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this same question too thanks for letting us know - also, did the water taste of coffee at all? My partner loves tea and I love coffee! Thanks :-)

I have a Keurig that I use for both tea and coffee and I always run a cup of plain water through before I use it for tea to clear out any leftover grounds or taste. It works perfect after that.

Hi everyone, sorry if this has already been asked but has anyone used the coffee makers for just hot water? Like if I want to make a tea and let it steep, or for instant oatmeal, do the coffee makers allow you to just "boil" water?

Heading to Pop in January for Marathon Weekend, so starting to think about these things. Appreciate any/all input anyone can provide :thanks:
It works great for hot water. Our morning routine is to run a cycle w/o coffee for DS's oatmeal. Once that's done he makes my coffee while I'm in the shower. This allow his oatmeal to cook and my coffee to cool just enough that I don't burn myself as I chug it while dressing and fixing my hair. We start another water only brew as we walk out the door to clear out any lingering coffee flavor so it's ready for the next morning.

Just wondering how the mobile ordering will work in a food court...will you have to place multiple mobile orders for the various items from different counters.
These are questions we'll have to find out answers to later but my guess is it would all be ordered at once. There will need to be a new pickup location for food that is outside of the cash registers as food ordered using mobile ordering is already paid for when you pick it up. Not sure how they'll do it but I'm sure these are the things they're working out.

Does anyone know if there are any rooms in Pop where you can see fireworks?
There are a few in the 50’s and 60’s lake view but often the view is partially or fully blocked by trees. Many people find it better to go outside and walk along the corridor until you find a view between the trees. Personally I have found it better to go stand on the pathway near the water. I’m not sure how the new Skyliner station might affect the view.

There are a few in the 50’s and 60’s lake view but often the view is partially or fully blocked by trees. Many people find it better to go outside and walk along the corridor until you find a view between the trees. Personally I have found it better to go stand on the pathway near the water. I’m not sure how the new Skyliner station might affect the view.
Awesome, thanks so much!

We will be checking in next Saturday for our first stay at POP (I stayed for less than 12 hours in 2013) and we are very excited. I have scoured this post for all tips and tricks, but is there anything that you guys recommend we can't miss or have to check out!

We will be checking in next Saturday for our first stay at POP (I stayed for less than 12 hours in 2013) and we are very excited. I have scoured this post for all tips and tricks, but is there anything that you guys recommend we can't miss or have to check out!
We stayed at POP last Summer and our room was newly renovated and had just came back online 10 days earlier. We are staying there again this Summer. The only sort of "trick" I might suggest is that when heading back to the POP from a park or DS, at the bus pickup grab the AoA bus if it is just arriving instead of waiting in the heat for maybe 20-30 minutes for the POP bus. It's just a short walk from the AoA across the bridge to the POP.

I have heard conflicting answers on this....can anyone confirm if I can make room requests at Pop Century on my own or do I have to have my Dreams agent make the requests on my behalf?

I have heard conflicting answers on this....can anyone confirm if I can make room requests at Pop Century on my own or do I have to have my Dreams agent make the requests on my behalf?
When using a TA you could always try calling and seeing if you can add room requests. They will tell you right then if you can or cannot do it. Or, you can contact your Dreams agent to ask them to add your requests. I do believe when using a TA that they need to make requests on your behalf but I cannot confirm this as I always book my own Disney vacations and only use a TA for Disney cruises.

We stayed at POP last Summer and our room was newly renovated and had just came back online 10 days earlier. We are staying there again this Summer. The only sort of "trick" I might suggest is that when heading back to the POP from a park or DS, at the bus pickup grab the AoA bus if it is just arriving instead of waiting in the heat for maybe 20-30 minutes for the POP bus. It's just a short walk from the AoA across the bridge to the POP.
I didn't know this! Thanks for the tip!

I just booked our second trip to POP for end of August (24-31)! I'm probably nuts for going when SW is opening, but we'll be avoiding HS after the first couple of days of our trip. This is the first time we've stayed at POP with 5 of us (DH and I stayed for an adult only trip once). I'm hoping for connecting rooms, but I do know that isn't guaranteed. I'm really just hoping the rooms are close to each other and not in different buildings. lol

I have everything crossed that the gondolas will be up and running by end of August, I'd love to be able to ride them!

Just wanted to say that Pop Century is my favorite resort of all time (other than Fort Wilderness, but that's a different animal.) I have stayed at the Contemporary many times, Poly twice, and many of the moderate resorts. My first stay at Pop had me hooked! When we need to book a room, always my resort of choice. I love that it's considered a value. Let's never tell Disney that it blows their moderate and some deluxe resorts out of the water!

Seconding the AOA bus trick. You can also use this trick with Magical Express if you need to stretch after a flight.

The Pop food court has Dole Whip if you can't get it in the parks.

If you're in one of the outer buildings (like 90s) it is sometimes easier to walk along the edge of parking to get to the bus.

If you're in one of the outer buildings (like 90s) it is sometimes easier to walk along the edge of parking to get to the bus.

We were in the 80s building and found out it was quicker to just cut through the parking lot rather than go along the edge. You have to watch for traffic of course but after a long day at the parks shaving every second of walking counts!

Forgive me please if this has been covered somewhere. I have searched but can’t find the answer. What is the best way to get to Epcot from Pop Century? We won’t have a car. Thank you.

Forgive me please if this has been covered somewhere. I have searched but can’t find the answer. What is the best way to get to Epcot from Pop Century? We won’t have a car. Thank you.
For right now, just board the bus to Epcot. Sometime in the next few months, the skyliner will open and you will then go to the bridge between Pop and AoA and board a gondola from there and make your way to Epcot. It is possible bus service will still be continued after the gondola system has opened, but no one really knows for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter