Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, newbie here. We are booked 7/26 - 8/2. What are the '15's'?

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami and Bahamas)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers),attend Orlando Magic games,etc. as well as Quinceanera celebrations in World ShowPlace.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late June/July/early August for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses alot and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in the Summer.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

Just booked a room for December of 19! So excited! Haven’t been in 20 years.

Booked a preferred room at Pop, it was my first choice.

My question is that I would like a king bed, can I request that somewhere on line? Or should I call and request?

Thanks

My question is that I would like a king bed, can I request that somewhere on line? Or should I call and request?

Thanks

You'll have to call.

Thanks
You need to call to request but it is not a guarantee. There are very few King beds at Pop and many of those are in accessible rooms. It's worth a try but I would prepare yourself for a Queen bed.

We booked 2 rooms (hoping for adjoining) for May 30-June 5. We booked a standard pool view. From looking at the map that’s in the 50s or 90s sections. From your experience which is the better one to request?

We booked 2 rooms (hoping for adjoining) for May 30-June 5. We booked a standard pool view. From looking at the map that’s in the 50s or 90s sections. From your experience which is the better one to request?
They are both similar distances. Personally I would selct 50's over 80's/90's as I prefer not to cross through a parking lot to save steps. It's really personal choice though. The map on the previous page gives you an idea of how far each location is to the buses and Classic Hall.

They are both similar distances. Personally I would selct 50's over 80's/90's as I prefer not to cross through a parking lot to save steps. It's really personal choice though. The map on the previous page gives you an idea of how far each location is to the buses and Classic Hall.

I agree it’s a personal choice. I prefer 80’s/90’s over 50’s because I don’t mind the short cut through the parking lot and the food court and buses are on that end of the lobby building so it feels closer to me even when not cutting through the lot. But neither one is really that much farther than the other. I would request the one whose theme is most appealing.

Ok, newbie here. We are booked 7/26 - 8/2. What are the '15's'?
Here is a great link about The 15s I thought you may find interesante.;):)

I knew NOTHING about them the first time I saw them at Walt Disney World on my very first trip in 2003 and have come to see them as one of the very "unique" (and most discussed!:)) parts of January/February/July at the Mouse House!:)

The LARGE groups still "amaze" me as they tour the Parks-they are a sight to see.:)

https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/...s/disney-quinceanera-coming-of-age-party.html

Just clarifying... If you are cool with the rooms being next to each other but NO door between them or close by (around the corner, across the elevator/stair area), then "adjoining" is fine for your request.

If you are hoping there is a door between the rooms, then you need to change your request to CONNECTING.

There is a difference in hotel-speak. I used to work in a hotel, and the number of complaints we got when people who WERE in adjoining rooms really wanted connecting was ridiculous.

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami and Bahamas)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers),attend Orlando Magic games,etc. as well as Quinceanera celebrations in World ShowPlace.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late June/July/early August for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses alot and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in the Summer.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

Yikes, at least no one will get lost in all those matching shirts and bags. And here I though the BTG were bad, lol

We always book 50's building 1 or 3 but we also book standard room, this year I booked preferred for the first time. We prefer 50's as we find it to be quieter and for me I prefer the theme.

There is now the option to forego mousekeeping in lieu of a $10/night gift card minus 1 night of your stay. So, if you are staying for 7 nights you can request at check-in not to have mousekeeping and they will issue a $60 electronic gift card.

If you require additional towels, coffee supplies, etc during your stay, call the 'Guest Services' number from the phone in your room and additional supplies will be dropped off in your room.

Just a heads up that all Disney Resorts now have daily room checks for security purposes regardless if a guest has requested to skip mousekeeping. Someone will knock, look in and possibly enter your room once per day.
Is this option to forgo mousekeeping offered to everyone checking into POP? Or is it random? Do they give you the gift card at check in, if you opt to forgo?

Is this option to forgo mousekeeping offered to everyone checking into POP? Or is it random? Do they give you the gift card at check in, if you opt to forgo?
It is available to the majority of guests. I have heard of some (who possibly booked through a 3rd party discounted or conference rate?) who were denied but other than that all are eligible. You want to request it the day you arrive, either at the check-in desk or Guest Services. If you check-in at the front desk at Pop it may be offered to you or you may need to request it. In my 3 trips it was offered twice and once I requested it.

It is not a plastic gift card but rather an emailed gift card that is received within a few hours. I find it easy to stop at Guest Services after a couple of days and apply the gc to my room charges but it can be used in the parks and at Disney Springs like any other gc.

It is available to the majority of guests. I have heard of some (who possibly booked through a 3rd party discounted or conference rate?) who were denied but other than that all are eligible. You want to request it the day you arrive, either at the check-in desk or Guest Services. If you check-in at the front desk at Pop it may be offered to you or you may need to request it. In my 3 trips it was offered twice and once I requested it.

It is not a plastic gift card but rather an emailed gift card that is received within a few hours. I find it easy to stop at Guest Services after a couple of days and apply the gc to my room charges but it can be used in the parks and at Disney Springs like any other gc.
We booked through a TA with a magical rate and weren’t able to opt out of housekeeping.

Yikes, at least no one will get lost in all those matching shirts and bags. And here I though the BTG were bad, lol

By and large, some of the 15s and the BTGs are one and the same. It’s just because the groups are not exclusively Brazilian that they get called the 15s or the SATGs (South American Tour Groups).

Are there towels at the pools now? When we stayed in 2014 there were not, but I feel like I had read somewhere that they were now being offered, but I’m not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter