Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to book Pop for a girls' trip for mid-September on the free dining promotion! Can't wait!! Pop has become my favorite resort so I'm looking forward to seeing how things with the Skyliner evolve by then!

Do they have an estimated date for the Skyliner? We are booked at Pop 9/19-9/28 and I’m really hoping it’s up and running.

Anyone at pop now and know the pool hours? We are going down the end of this month and hoping to swim :)
Word is that the quiet pools are open from either 11am or noon through 8pm. Hippy Dippy is open 10am - 8pm.

Do they have an estimated date for the Skyliner? We are booked at Pop 9/19-9/28 and I’m really hoping it’s up and running.
The only 'official' information is that the Skyliner is to open in 'Fall 2019'. Any date people mention right now other than that is purely their best guess as Disney has announced nothing other than 'Fall 2019'. We're there the week before you. I'm also hoping it's open but not convinced that it will be.

If you request early check in (which I know is not a guarantee), about how early has anyone been able to check-in before?

If you request early check in (which I know is not a guarantee), about how early has anyone been able to check-in before?
Regardless of requesting it, it really depends on when a room is ready. There was one trip where we drove to Disney and arrived at 7am. Both of our rooms were ready which means they were empty the night before.

It will really depend on availability and how many vacant rooms they have the night before your arrive matching with your room category.

You can check in any time after 6AM. Now your room most likely won't be ready, but you can check in. The earliest we've ever gotten our room was 6:30.

Regardless of requesting it, it really depends on when a room is ready. There was one trip where we drove to Disney and arrived at 7am. Both of our rooms were ready which means they were empty the night before.

It will really depend on availability and how many vacant rooms they have the night before your arrive matching with your room category.

I totally get that. Just wanted to see if there was even a shot that our room might be ready around 10:30, about the time I think we will arrive from the airport. If so, I wasn't going to request it at all and instead do a room request. I don't really care what room we are in, but I'd love to be able to check in when we get there. Fingers crossed!

I totally get that. Just wanted to see if there was even a shot that our room might be ready around 10:30, about the time I think we will arrive from the airport. If so, I wasn't going to request it at all and instead do a room request. I don't really care what room we are in, but I'd love to be able to check in when we get there. Fingers crossed!
We went in October with early check in as our only request and got a room at about 10 am

We were able to book our trip for the 2nd week of July at POP, preferred room. We've only stayed at Mods and Deluxe, but we're on a bit of a tighter budget this year, so we decided to try POP. Then the free dining promo came out and we went ahead and booked. We've never stayed at POP, but I've read on this board for years how great everyone thinks it is. What I am most nervous about are the groups of "15's" I have read numerous stories, most of them refer to the groups as polite and a minor inconvenience. But then there are quite a few stories about the constant chants and loud noises at all times of the night and early morning. Not to mention the crowds at the food court and bus stations. Can some of you who have stayed when these groups are present set my mind at east a bit? I know it's a bit of a crap shoot, but I really don't want my family of 4 to be miserable the whole 8 days we're at POP. Should I change? Thank you for any info you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter