Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 100% for kids. There may be some adult fun at Disney Springs or along the Boardwalk, I don't know as I was looking for activities for a preschooler. Otherwise, MNSSHP would be your best bet (albeit expensive).

We're doing the party on the 1st. I'll keep an eye out for stuff elsewhere.

We arrive at Pop in 10 days!! Yay!!! Last year the morning buses for the EMH parks had very long lines, with the EEMH at 3 parks can anyone comment on buses in the morning? Also how early has anyone been able to get a bus to HS?

We arrive at Pop in 10 days!! Yay!!! Last year the morning buses for the EMH parks had very long lines, with the EEMH at 3 parks can anyone comment on buses in the morning? Also how early has anyone been able to get a bus to HS?
We got a bus to DHS around 5:35 this morning. It was waiting when we arrived. Left full.

This week the crowds are pretty light and haven’t had any problems with bus waits at all.

Just a heads up that Pop has changed their front desk process. There is now only 1 line for everything. No longer a Guest services area. Honestly, finding it to be a slower process. I mentioned it to a supervisor tonight but she said all Disney Resorts have gone to this style. It’s too bad as during the day there can easily be 15+!people in line. Hopefully they either add more staff or, hopefully go back to the old way.

Just a heads up that Pop has changed their front desk process. There is now only 1 line for everything. No longer a Guest services area. Honestly, finding it to be a slower process. I mentioned it to a supervisor tonight but she said all Disney Resorts have gone to this style. It’s too bad as during the day there can easily be 15+!people in line. Hopefully they either add more staff or, hopefully go back to the old way.

It was this way at Music in July.

My guess? So many people are so desperate to skip the front desk, it is - as feared (and as we are seeing at retail stores that have self-checkout registers - beginning to affect the staffing levels and procedures at the resorts.

When we were there in May and August, there was one queue for everyone but there were multiple guest services cm's working behind the desk. Is that not what you're seeing?

@scrappinginontario or anyone else currently there, can you tell us if they are still redoing the luggage area? Just wondering how that might be affecting grocery deliveries - if they are having to store them elsewhere. Thanks!

When we were there in May and August, there was one queue for everyone but there were multiple guest services cm's working behind the desk. Is that not what you're seeing?

In the past there were 2 lines (or 3 at one point for pre-checked in, not checked in and guest services.)

Now there is just one line that starts towards the middle left of the desks. Everyone must now join this one line. There is no longer a separate guest services queue closer to the Pop Store. When we arrived Sat AM there were about 20 people/groups in this line in front of me. It took about 15-20 mins to get to the front.

What I’m seeing is that all of the CMs must be more widely trained as they handle everything. Check-in, dining questions, lost magic bands, shipping of parcels, paying off room charges and more. There appeared to me to be a lot more ‘teams’ if people at stations (groups of 2 CMs) rather than just 1.

Last night at 7pm I went to put money against my room charges. There were only 5 desks open to handle everyone in the line. It wasn’t a huge line (10 people/groups?) but less stations and more intricate questions meant a longer wait. It took me over 45 mins from the time I entered the queue until I was walking away.

The other challenge I faced was that the CM was not really sure how to handle my situation which I felt was fairly routine. I paid off some charges using gift cards (which I immediately saw on MDE) and gave him cash for the rest. He wasn’t really sure how to handle the cash so he put it in his drawer and told me his supervisor would put it against my account later and that we were done. Ummm...nope!! He said he had no way to give me a receipt for the cash to prove I’d given it to him and that it would just appear on my account later. I stood my ground and wouldn’t leave as my money was now locked in his drawer and I had nothing to prove I’d given it to him!

Thankfully a supervisor came by at the time, I explained the situation and she quickly told him how to add the cash and that he could do it, he didn’t have to wait for a supervisor. I came to learn he was normally at a different resort and that possibly they did things differently there but I’m still glad I stayed. The supervisor was very kind, apologized and in the end I left with proof that the cash had indeed been applied to my room charges.

@scrappinginontario or anyone else currently there, can you tell us if they are still redoing the luggage area? Just wondering how that might be affecting grocery deliveries - if they are having to store them elsewhere. Thanks!
I will try to check. The kids waiting area with the chairs, colouring, tv and video games is open again so possibly it’s done? Also, my cousin and his family arrived last night and when they got to their room their luggage was not there. I called luggage services and all 6 bags were delivered within about 15 mins. Hoping these are both good signs that the refurb is finished but I’ll try to check for sure.

In May they had the single line but they also had CM's walking around outside the lines with iPads and that is who helped me when I wanted to make a room location change.
They still have that sometimes. I’ve seen it where they are before the queue hoping to help some who have easier questions but both times I’ve been in line this trip they’ve been inside near the desks so answering questions once people have already been in the queue for a while.

What you experienced makes more sense but unfortunately they’re not always there.

In May they had the single line but they also had CM's walking around outside the lines with iPads and that is who helped me when I wanted to make a room location change.

Yes, we experienced this in May as well. In August, the only time I needed the front desk was to get a printout of our room charges after we checked out. I approached the queue and was stopped before I could even enter by a cm who wanted to know what I needed. When I told her I wanted a printout of my charges, she was able to go to the desk and get it for me and I never even had to wait. There were other times during our May trip, however, where it was a pretty long wait to be helped.

Imagine this question has been asked quite a bit over the years, but 824 posts...well...it's a thick novel for sure lol. Anyways, just did online check-in for our trip to Pop Nov. 8-13. Have a standard pool view booked. Requested, through the online check-in, the 50's building. Just two of us, so don't need to be right next to the main hall, but the 50s looked reasonably close to the walkway to the Skyliner, as well as to parking and the main hall.

Thoughts on this building?
Any particular rooms/floors people like?
Anything else I should know?

Obviously since I booked a pool view, room choices are limited, but was still considering trying the room request fax through TouringPlans.

Thanks!

This week the crowds are pretty light and haven’t had any problems with bus waits at all.

Crowds don’t seem light to me at Pop. The rest of Disney World does but not Pop. This is my first time staying there so maybe this is the way crowds usually are on busses there. I’ve stayed at 4 other resorts and all types (value, Deluxe and mod). These busses are more full and have longer lines than I’ve seen for any of them. Several times when going back to Pop ive jumped on the AoA bus cause it was a much shorter wait.

We are looking at booking Pop for January/February 2020. Anyone know what period all the 15 year old South American tour groups descent onto the resort? We are trying to avoid them, but I know somewhere in January/February they are there, I'm just trying to find the dates.

We are looking at booking Pop for January/February 2020. Anyone know what period all the 15 year old South American tour groups descent onto the resort? We are trying to avoid them, but I know somewhere in January/February they are there, I'm just trying to find the dates.
Both months(Argentina only in February).

Early January would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter