Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so mad!

Sorry, I shouldn't be mad over this, but I can't get the "sun and fun" deal in September from 16th to 19th! Seriously, we are in JANUARY, and I can't get the discount for September! In fact, for a moment last night I couldn't even get the regular price room for my dates!

I've been busy the last couple of weeks and did not expect Disney to post their discounts for September now. That normally wouldn't have mattered, but this year is different, and I think it's because of the Skyliner! Now that it is announced that they are opening in fall, every Tom and Jerry out there is booking my hotel in September, crowding me out!

Am I right? Is everybody flooding to Pop Century in September to get the first taste of the Skyliner?
I hope the Skyliner opens sooner, like in June. That way people will move their reservations there and give me my discount back. I've always gotten discounted room only deals in September!

I can't book a different value hotel because I love Pop Century. Can't live without it. I wouldn't exchange it for the Grand Floridian for FREE, if Disney were to offer it to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Grand Floridian, it's just that I have special feelings for Pop.

I know exactly how you feel! The first week of this past December Pop was totally booked so we had to do a split between ASSports and ASMusic. Both were fine BUT...they weren't POP!
DH won't even consider another resort and we wonder the same thing, where are all these people coming from? He always asks why can't they just see how many times we have stayed there and save us a room? :rotfl2:

Here's another question I just thought of..... are the soda islands accessible if Everything Pop is closed at night? Does anyone know what time Everything Pop and/or the soda machines are closed/turned off at night?

Thank you!
Chelle

When I was there in November the cast member at the AoA store said the Drop Off Pool Bar {Beside the Big Blue Pool} had a beverage dispenser that was available 24/7. Depending on your location and time you could walk over there if needed.

When I was there in November the cast member at the AoA store said the Drop Off Pool Bar {Beside the Big Blue Pool} had a beverage dispenser that was available 24/7. Depending on your location and time you could walk over there if needed.

I think (I could be wrong though) the beverage dispenser at the pool bar is inside the pool fence and is only accessible when the pool is open. At least that's how I'm remembering it.

Staying here for the first time (first trip I went with Sports due to a room offer), from Nov 28-Dec 5th. Can't wait!

can anyone tell me whats the newest or most recent picture of the map for pop please. I would like to print one but i'm not sure what the current one is

I requested to stay in the the 90s section, just for nostalgia's sake. Am I allowed to walk across the parking lot to get to the bus lines?

SWEET! I live in New York City, so I don't mind long walks, but I also like shortcuts.

We have Preferred Pool View booked for this coming April for 7 nights...for those who have stayed in this category...is there a must have request (i.e. ground floor vs. high floor) or one building preferred over the other??? TIA!

We have Preferred Pool View booked for this coming April for 7 nights...for those who have stayed in this category...is there a must have request (i.e. ground floor vs. high floor) or one building preferred over the other??? TIA!
I would recommend a top floor room in the 60’s section. Top floor because you can definitely hear your neighbors above you at Pop, thin walls and lack of carpet. 60’s so you will be close to the main pool, food court, buses.

We have a preferred room HA with roll in shower room. Would like a lakeview quiet area- would love to stay in the 60's. Are these located in any specific section?

We have a preferred room HA with roll in shower room. Would like a lakeview quiet area- would love to stay in the 60's. Are these located in any specific section?
None of the lake view rooms are preferred, They are all designated as standard rooms. If you look up a few posts at the map the sections marked with the yellow line are the preferred rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!