Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The refrigerator isn't getting removed, it's getting upgraded to a real refrigerator with a transparent glass door. However, they won't be working on the 50's section for another several months, so your room will be just how you're used to it. I can't comment on housekeeping. I've never had a problem.

Thank you so much!! We've neve rhad a problem either (even though this is only our third trip) but I'm always worried when I hear complaints. I guess some people expect to have a Contempery sort of room, at a Pop Century price and get upset!

Strollers at the food court, can it be done? Traveling alone with 2 yr old and while we'll do breakfast in the room we may do lunch on the way to or from the parks. If so, I'd have the stroller with us. Should i plan to return to the room to get the stroller/drop it off?

Strollers at the food court, can it be done? Traveling alone with 2 yr old and while we'll do breakfast in the room we may do lunch on the way to or from the parks. If so, I'd have the stroller with us. Should i plan to return to the room to get the stroller/drop it off?

The food court is really big, I think you'll be fine with a stroller. The gift shop can be a little tight if you are wanting to look at each and every section, but the food court is big and open. I've seen lots of strollers there.

This year I was in room 0161, bldg 10 in the 70s, ground floor on the end closest to Classic Hall. Great location! If you look at a map, I think the only room that might be closer to the food court is Preferred Pool View 5161. I love the 70s!
I just looked on Touring Plans. That does seem like a great location! I see the 70's are closer to the actual bus stops as well. This may be my request. Thanks :)

Driving down and visiting a cousin in Tampa before our Disney trip. Would love to get into our room ASAP on our check in day. I know official check in time is 3pm. I'm a little confused about how online check in works. We'll be there in 2 weeks and I haven't done it yet. I know there are no guarantees but do you think we would be more likely to have our room ready early if we wait to do online check in the morning of? Or it doesn't matter and I should just do it now? I want to put in a room request also-better to do that before or after online check in?

Thoughts on car vs bus with the construction. My friend wants to rent a car because she hates the bus but if the construction is kinder to the buses I'd hate for her to waste her money on the rental. The buses have some special lanes if i recall correctly?
My friend just got back and was sending me pics of all the roadwork. No way I'd want to drive in that. I'd let Disney

No hallways here, your room door will be facing the pool.

Each room has a door and window facing out to pool in your category.

legendary_peaceman2009ww.jpg

images
Do those big łcons block view?

Driving down and visiting a cousin in Tampa before our Disney trip. Would love to get into our room ASAP on our check in day. I know official check in time is 3pm. I'm a little confused about how online check in works. We'll be there in 2 weeks and I haven't done it yet. I know there are no guarantees but do you think we would be more likely to have our room ready early if we wait to do online check in the morning of? Or it doesn't matter and I should just do it now? I want to put in a room request also-better to do that before or after online check in?

Not sure if it matters when you do the online check in but when I did it I said I was arriving at 7am and arrival day I had an email with my room number at 7:30am! Just went to the room with our magic bands and we were in! It was great :-)

My friend just got back and was sending me pics of all the roadwork. No way I'd want to drive in that. I'd let Disney

Do those big łcons block view?

For some rooms, yes. But remember between your room and the view is the outdoor hallway all the guests walk on to get to their rooms. It's not private.

We are flying home now from our first stay at POP. This was a last minute trip and our TA was only able to book POP for the first 2 nights then we had to switch to POR for our last 3 nights.
From the moment we arrived everyone we encountered from the bell staff to front desk were amazing. I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the CM's.
DD and I fell in love with the resort so much so on the day we were due to checkout I asked if there was availability to stay. We were thrilled to find out we could not only stay but keep our room.
We booked a standard room and we're in the 50's section building 1 third floor. We loved the location and DD loved the quiet pool.
Bus transportation was good we didn't notice an longer wait than 10 mins.
We even had a PPO breakfast and the bus was there bright and early.
Our room was clean beds were comfortable. My only complaint was the food court the food was ok just bland.
Overall we enjoyed our stay so much DD is asking when we can return.
As far as construction we travelled by buses primarily but also took a few cabs. We didn't find the traffic too bad to delay our trip.

Three weeks! Waiting on Magic Bands, did online check-in. Did a room request with Touring Plans. Since we had to book PPV, I requested top floor, hoping it will be a little quieter. This will be our first summer trip, so it should be interesting. Have breaks planned every day, as my kids love the pools and my daughter loves all the activities at the Hippy Dippy pool.

For some rooms, yes. But remember between your room and the view is the outdoor hallway all the guests walk on to get to their rooms. It's not private.
During the day I keep blinds tilted a little so it's not as easy for passerby to look in, but still lets light in. I hate sitting in a room without daylight. But those icons look like they'd block out a lot of light.

During the day I keep blinds tilted a little so it's not as easy for passerby to look in, but still lets light in. I hate sitting in a room without daylight. But those icons look like they'd block out a lot of light.

There are not any blinds at Pop Century. Your only option to stop people from looking into your room is to close the curtains. The icons will not decrease light into your room but closing the curtains will as they are room darkening and work very well.

Last edited:
There are not any blinds at Pop Century. Your only option to stop people from looking in pro your room is to close the curtains. The icons will not decrease light into your room but closing the curtains will as they are room darkening and work very well.
Darn. I've only stayed at Pop over night before transferring to another resort. At the mods they have blinds plus drapes. Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll request a room at end of corridor to reduce foot traffic.

You can do your online check-in now. You can also call now to add a room request to your reservation or you can just choose the pre-determined room location options during online check-in. If you do decide to call to have a room request added to your reservation, make sure that when you do online check-in you don't select any conflicting room location requests or the room assignor won't know which ones to follow. If there are online options that are the same as your phone requests, it's ok to mark them as reinforcement. But if you have something like "50's Section, Building 3, Lake View" added to your reservation and then during online check-in you indicate "Close to Transportation" and "Garden/Courtyard view", the assignor won't know which of those things is really the most important to you. You can always leave that section blank during online check-in.

Do not wait until the day you're arriving to do online check-in. The room assignors start working on room assignments about 4-5 days out so it's best to take care of everything before that. Be sure to indicate what time you plan to arrive -- it will increase your chances of having your room ready when you arrive. You can also select the option that indicates that having your room ready at your anticipated arrival time is more important than getting your room requests if that's important to you. We've been to Disney World 7 times in the last 15 years and there was only one time our room wasn't ready when we arrived at noon -- even before online check-in was available.

We are flying home now from our first stay at POP. This was a last minute trip and our TA was only able to book POP for the first 2 nights then we had to switch to POR for our last 3 nights.
From the moment we arrived everyone we encountered from the bell staff to front desk were amazing. I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the CM's.
DD and I fell in love with the resort so much so on the day we were due to checkout I asked if there was availability to stay. We were thrilled to find out we could not only stay but keep our room.
We booked a standard room and we're in the 50's section building 1 third floor. We loved the location and DD loved the quiet pool.
Bus transportation was good we didn't notice an longer wait than 10 mins.
We even had a PPO breakfast and the bus was there bright and early.
Our room was clean beds were comfortable. My only complaint was the food court the food was ok just bland.
Overall we enjoyed our stay so much DD is asking when we can return.
As far as construction we travelled by buses primarily but also took a few cabs. We didn't find the traffic too bad to delay our trip.
Far Out!!!!:)

GROOVY!!!!:)

Two weeks from today we should be in our room! :banana:

Has anyone on here used Amazon Pantry or Now? I've got a $10 Pantry credit and thinking I might want to use it for some breakfast bars, snack, chips, fruit cups and/or apple sauce, etc. How should I fill out the shipping to address? The resorts address listed on the website with attn: (my name)? Also, if the resort receives the package a day or two before we arrive would that be an issue?

Also thinking about doing Now basically for water, some pop/soda (we are not a Coke family) and maybe a few items like bread, etc. Does anyone know it it's $5 for the order of $5 per "package"? Does it have to go to the reception or bell hop, or is it possible to meet up with the delivery driver? We plan on our second day evening as a resort day, so we should be at the resort during the delivery window.

I did the online check in. You can pick two requests, and under that there is a box to check that says something like "having my room early is more imporant than either of these requests' - click that. We stopped at the online checkin area once we arrived (about 8:30am) and they did have it noted that we wanted a room that was ready early. It wasn't ready at that moment, but we got the email & text that our room was ready at about 9am.

Darn. I've only stayed at Pop over night before transferring to another resort. At the mods they have blinds plus drapes. Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll request a room at end of corridor to reduce foot traffic.

We had a great room. Never heard anyone walk by. We were at the end of a hall, opposite direction from where everyone would want to go. We had room 4436. 60s section, top floor, room on the end!

Just spent a night at Pop before transferring to a DVC reservation. This was the night of May 7. First time staying at Pop and we really liked it.
I didn't make a request other than to be away from construction as I have allergic reactions to paint.

We got room 3334 in the 60s.
It was clean, an easy walk to transportation, pools and the food court.

18817529_10212582948506008_359861589_o.jpg 18789792_10212582945465932_1808618704_o.jpg 18789041_10212582945225926_459877505_o.jpg

This is the view of Art of Animation from the walkway outside our room.

18817606_10212582947345979_1703485820_o.jpg18838440_10212582945065922_779216616_o.jpg18789047_10212582954306153_2129721522_o.jpg 18789621_10212582947305978_900279548_o.jpg 18818351_10212582945345929_2079644451_o.jpg

Attachments

• 18767283_10212582948586010_1699150661_o.jpg
    18767283_10212582948586010_1699150661_o.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 18817937_10212582948626011_338283411_o.jpg
    18817937_10212582948626011_338283411_o.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 17
Just spent a night at Pop before transferring to a DVC reservation. This was the night of May 7. First time staying at Pop and we really liked it.
I didn't make a request other than to be away from construction as I have allergic reactions to paint.

We got room 3334 in the 60s.
It was clean, an easy walk to transportation, pools and the food court.

View attachment 240989 View attachment 240987 View attachment 240984

This is the view of Art of Animation from the walkway outside our room.

View attachment 240993View attachment 240982View attachment 240992 View attachment 240988 View attachment 240986
Nice view! Did you get much foot traffic past your room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter