Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on the increased planning. It's hard enough when you're not trying to make the best of a first trip. We picked our days based on EMH so that was our starting point. ADRs made, flights almost booked and now having anxiety over fast pass scheduling!

Yeah, the whole thing has me a nervous wreck this year. :) Our fp time is quickly arriving, so deciding park days is becoming quite important. I have it narrowed down, but just can't lock it all in yet. I do have our ADRs done. We drive, so flights aren't one of my worries, thank goodness. Good luck with everything!!

Agreed on the increased planning. It's hard enough when you're not trying to make the best of a first trip. We picked our days based on EMH so that was our starting point. ADRs made, flights almost booked and now having anxiety over fast pass scheduling!

While this isn't our first WDW vacation, it is our first since FP+ was introduces, so I understand the frustration. Actually the FP+ process wasn't that bad for us. When making your selections I would book Frozen, 7DMT and Pandora ride first. We did Frozen first, at 65 days out and everything in the morning was already booked after that everything went relatively smooth. Also realize that you likely won't get the exact time you were hoping.

Yeah, the whole thing has me a nervous wreck this year. :) Our fp time is quickly arriving, so deciding park days is becoming quite important. I have it narrowed down, but just can't lock it all in yet. I do have our ADRs done. We drive, so flights aren't one of my worries, thank goodness. Good luck with everything!!

We were in the same boat when we scheduled our fast passes last month! I don't want to think about how much time my brother and I spend figuring out our daily touring plans the last few months :rotfl2: This will be out first trip since they introduced fastpass+ so we that also racheted up our anxiety. That said, while fastpass+ does take much of the spontaneity out of a vacation, their is something refreshing about having everything planned out 60 days.

We are booked at Pop for November 14-21, with our last day in the park being Monday 11/20, travelling back home Tuesday 11/21. Wondering if anyone has experience with the beginning of Thanksgiving week in terms of crowds and airfare cost difference from Monday to Tuesday? We are flying Southwest and they don't put out the fares for another week or so, but considering removing the last day due to crowds/flying back cheaper. Looks like the cost is significantly higher for other airlines from Monday to Tuesday.

When staying in the 90's section, is it easy to cross the parking lot to get to the busses and classic hall. This looks like the shortest route.

Just spent a week last month doing just that. Crossing across the parking lot was like 4 minutes to the busses.

We are booked at Pop for November 14-21, with our last day in the park being Monday 11/20, travelling back home Tuesday 11/21. Wondering if anyone has experience with the beginning of Thanksgiving week in terms of crowds and airfare cost difference from Monday to Tuesday? We are flying Southwest and they don't put out the fares for another week or so, but considering removing the last day due to crowds/flying back cheaper. Looks like the cost is significantly higher for other airlines from Monday to Tuesday.

I am also waiting for southwest to release the prices. I am also waiting for Disney to release nov-dec hours.

Are we positive that isn't just brown carpet with a wood grain print or something? I mean, when I saw pictures of Cars suites online I thought they didn't have carpet but they do, it just doesn't look much like carpet in the pictures.

If you look at the above photo, see the sunlight reflecting on the floor from the window. It does look like a wood look floor. I do not like it Sam I Am. :snooty::confused::confused3

I don't like the new design at all. It looks very "hospital room" like to me. White walls, no carpets, white bedding, white blinds, over the bed white lights. o_O Aside from the little bit of Mickey, it feels clinical...I love Pop, but this is really disappointing.

Agreed!

My parents just returned from a trip and were staying in the 50s building, and there was a note on their table that they wouldn't be able to use the parking lot near their building because of construction. Doesn't make sense that they'd skip over to the 50s building, though??

My parents just returned from a trip and were staying in the 50s building, and there was a note on their table that they wouldn't be able to use the parking lot near their building because of construction. Doesn't make sense that they'd skip over to the 50s building, though??
We have been at the 50s building since Thursday. Haven't been told to not use any particular parking lots.

I haven't read all 348 pages so maybe this was answered already:
It is my understanding there are not coffee makers in the room. Can one be requested from housekeeping? If not, what coffee solutions have people come up with for a single parent with two children that NEEDS coffee to function and get them out the door? Asking for a friend.

I haven't read all 348 pages so maybe this was answered already:
It is my understanding there are not coffee makers in the room. Can one be requested from housekeeping? If not, what coffee solutions have people come up with for a single parent with two children that NEEDS coffee to function and get them out the door? Asking for a friend.

No Coffeemakers in the rooms, and as far as I know, they can't be requested. The refurbished rooms are rumoured to have coffeemakers, but since none of them have opened up yet, we don't have confirmation.

Cheapest solution may be to buy a resort refillable mug, which can be used for unlimited coffee at the food court. That can be quite a trudging morning walk though, and I assume you can't get coffee until it actually opens (6am I think?).

Otherwise, I considered buying something like this: https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER...rd_wg=oaVDX&psc=1&refRID=CW2NWKATSRXTPQQRJ4E8 but then you'd also have to pack your own coffee and filters, too.

But that depends on how much room your "friend" has in their luggage, or if they're driving in, or whatever.

I don't know if you guys know but the Pop is going under refurb as permits have been filed. The refurbishment will last until December 2017. Here is the look of the new rooms.

View attachment 172365

View attachment 172366

I don't know if it's been "confirmed" yet, but this test room is exactly what the finished product looks like (well, perhaps minus the runner on the bed; mattresses aren't in place yet so I guess we don't know for sure). Some posted a link to this thread/page on a post I wrote yesterday, so thought I'd reciprocate with that info. :)

I don't know if it's been "confirmed" yet, but this test room is exactly what the finished product looks like (well, perhaps minus the runner on the bed; mattresses aren't in place yet so I guess we don't know for sure). Some posted a link to this thread/page on a post I wrote yesterday, so thought I'd reciprocate with that info. :)
Good to know thanks!

Tom is always on it!

Hi all,
Many apologies if this has already been answered - I'm planning a trip for March next year and am aware that there's a bridge connecting PC and AoA. Do they run on separate buses from the parks or do they share the same route (I'm thinking in the way that All Stars once shared a bus, IIRC)?
Thanks for your help!

Hi all,
Many apologies if this has already been answered - I'm planning a trip for March next year and am aware that there's a bridge connecting PC and AoA. Do they run on separate buses from the parks or do they share the same route (I'm thinking in the way that All Stars once shared a bus, IIRC)?
Thanks for your help!

AoA and Pop do not share buses, but you can take a bus to AoA from a park if the Pop bus line is longer and walk across the bridge to get back to Pop.

AoA and Pop do not share buses, but you can take a bus to AoA from a park if the Pop bus line is longer and walk across the bridge to get back to Pop.

Brilliant, thanks for your reply. This was exactly my thinking - I was hoping I may be able to use either bus depending on which has the shorter line.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter