Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it's nice to get people's thoughts on what room they stayed in and if they recommend it or not.

Have you checked out the touring plans room finder? This will be our first visit to the POP, so I can't confirm it's accuracy, but it shows the view from every room, room catagory, lobby and transportation times, noise level, if they pick it as a top room choice, etc. It also has nice filter options that allow you to enter the specs your interested and it will give you it's top suggested rooms and highlight the rooms that meet those requirement.

Our family booked two rooms for June so connecting rooms is the most important thing for us, so that is the only request we put down. The room finder also shows connecting room info, but sadly doesn't have a filter option just for that.

Is the touring plans room finder part of the subscription service from them, or are you able to use that just by visiting their website? We will be at POP at the beginning of August, and we love the 80's section, but I don't know if it will still be under refurbishment then. We need connecting/adjoining rooms also, because we are going as a family, and will need to be able to put our grandkids to bed occasionally. I am excited to see the new rooms, but a little apprehensive at the same time.

Last edited:
Is the touring plans room finder part of the subscription service from them, or are you able to use that just by visiting their website? We will be at POP at the beginning of August, and we love the 80's section, but I don't know if it will still be under refurbishment then. We need connecting/adjoining rooms also, because we are going as a family, and will need to be able to put our grandkids to bed occasionally. I am excited to see the new rooms, but a little apprehensive at the same time.
It is part of their subscription service.

I'm fairly sure it's part of the subscription. For the $10 it costs for a year I think it's well worth it. I honestly don't know what we'd do if we're not able to customize our touring plans. My SIL loves it because my brother and I have set up a plan for each day/park and she doesn't have to do any of it. :rotfl2:

Like I said, this will be our first trip at the POP and really looking forward to it. I think we're all somewhat concerned about about not having a guarantee for connecting rooms, but I don't think it will end up being an issue. Not being guaranteed connecting rooms is the reason we didn't stay at a Disney property in 2011 & 2013. That actually ended up being a blessing because we ended up staying in a wonderful suite at the Swan Dolphin. I'm so going to miss that walk to Epcot.

I'm also excited to see the new rooms. For our party of 5, 4 in one room and myself in the other :thumbsup2 I think the new layout would suit us better. My room will be used as the room we hang out it while my nieces are sleeping, or the room I'll end up sharing with my brother if he ends up snoring at night :rotfl:

It is part of their subscription service.

I'm fairly sure it's part of the subscription. For the $10 it costs for a year I think it's well worth it. I honestly don't know what we'd do if we're not able to customize our touring plans. My SIL loves it because my brother and I have set up a plan for each day/park and she doesn't have to do any of it. :rotfl2:

Thank you very much. I may just have to get the subscription.

You can use this without the subscription to view the rooms and the room information. https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-pop-century-resort I used it last year to pick our room choices, and the info/view from the room I got was accurate. You do need the subscription to use their room fax service.

I do have a subscription to them and it is worth it. I used them for the first time last year to create my touring plans, and found it extremely helpful, even for someone that's been several times. I'd recommend.

Awesome! I was actually going to ask about how early check-in can be. We're going to drive in and stay off site the night before the Disney vacation starts and I'd love to drop off bags in an early ready room before heading to the parks.

We're also going to attempt to hide it from DD until we hit the road. That is if I can keep from spilling the beans. :/

Good luck with your secret :)

Won't know until done cause they could change plans but when I was there in April, they were working on first building. I approached two men who were clearly project manager/supervisor types. I asked specifically if ALL rooms would have a murphy or would some have two beds. He said that the plans he has is that all rooms other than the HA will be a bed and murphy bed. He wasn't sure how much different the HA rooms would be but they will be there. Given that many HA are King beds, it could be they would continue to only be a king.
Thanks!!

I have sprung Disney on my kids DD14 and DD8 several times and they cry tears of joy every time. Never gets old and it priceless each and every time!

I surprised by kids too, so much fun. We are going to try to surprise a little boy next year. Will see how that works.

I just got a great credit added to my Southwest account yesterday when our flight prices dropped. Considering surprising my DD with a birthday trip next Feb if I can find flights for a reasonable price.

You can use this without the subscription to view the rooms and the room information. https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-pop-century-resort I used it last year to pick our room choices, and the info/view from the room I got was accurate. You do need the subscription to use their room fax service.

I do have a subscription to them and it is worth it. I used them for the first time last year to create my touring plans, and found it extremely helpful, even for someone that's been several times. I'd recommend.

Thank you so much! I have never had as much planning before as I am this trip for some reason. I think it might be all of the new rides/attractions that will be there when we go. I am having such a hard time picking days for each park, etc... I have never had this much trouble. My granddaughter will turn a year old on our last day there, and my youngest grandson will really enjoy everything this year. My DD's boyfriend is going for the first time ever also, and I think I just want to try to make everything as magical as possible. Thanks again!

On my recent trip, a manager said pool towels will becoming to the other pools, too. She said the towel units are being ordered. It is Disney, so things may move a little slower. ;)

Thank you so much! I have never had as much planning before as I am this trip for some reason. I think it might be all of the new rides/attractions that will be there when we go. I am having such a hard time picking days for each park, etc... I have never had this much trouble. My granddaughter will turn a year old on our last day there, and my youngest grandson will really enjoy everything this year. My DD's boyfriend is going for the first time ever also, and I think I just want to try to make everything as magical as possible. Thanks again!

Agreed on the increased planning. It's hard enough when you're not trying to make the best of a first trip. We picked our days based on EMH so that was our starting point. ADRs made, flights almost booked and now having anxiety over fast pass scheduling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter