Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean. When we stayed in 2015 in All Star Sports, I missed Pop the whole time. We just do standard too. Glad you're getting to come back home and and I'm hoping with FD! I've always wanted to go to MVMCP, but we always go around Sept-Oct time period. Have a great trip!

Thank you. :) Yes I did get FD, wasn't initially panning on it, my dates were going to be Nov 12-18 however decided to shorten it and go with QSDP. We normally upgrade to reg DP but since I'm solo I know I won't eat enough, I barely ate on my last solo trip. We normally go in Sept and have only been once in November so I'm excited to see Christmas decorations and possible party, just sad to miss halloween and missing food & wine. As you can tell by my signature POP is definitely my "home", lol.

I hope you have a great trip as well!!!

The more I look at POP the more I'm getting excited. I have a quick question:

I read that they have a luggage dropoff at the front, and then you call them for delivery. Has anyone taken advantage of this? Or would I be lazy to not just carry our bags up to the room?

(heh I found a thread about it right here on Disboards. This place has everything)
Can you link me to that thread? Thanks!

I read that they have a luggage dropoff at the front, and then you call them for delivery. Has anyone taken advantage of this? Or would I be lazy to not just carry our bags up to the room?

(heh I found a thread about it right here on Disboards. This place has everything)

have done this aaaand have even had groceries delivered there before I arrived and they refrigerate them and deliver them with my luggage.

Question for those who have just returned from Pop. I'm seeing the Breakfast Bounty Platter on the online menu now say with pancakes instead of waffles. Has anyone had luck getting waffles instead of the pancakes with their bounty platter?

We've never been able to substitute pancakes for waffles at any resort.

Absolutely! We do it on the return as well. Just call them from your room phone when your ready to leave.

If you have water shipped to the resort (Staples offers free shipping), they will deliver your case of water directly to your room too.

Since they started at the 80's/90's end of the resort, the 50's would be the farthest from the construction. I would also recommend a white noise machine/app just in case. I use a white noise app on my phone whenever I travel. I've had more than my fair share of noisy neighbors at hotels.

Just spent this past week in the 90s building. If we didn't read these boards, we would not have noticed the construction. We were up early most days for rope drops, and returned after park closings. They were not working over night at all.

Finally less than 200 days til our first POPcation. :) Really excited, got to check FQ off the list trip and now Pop... Quick question: is there a thread tracking the refurbished rooms? Thanks!

Still trying to understand Disney bus system but I'm an obsessive planner and most of everything that I have read had been somewhat subjective in nature.
Background: Single parent will be bringing two children who have moderate and severe special needs. Both use a mobility device part-time. For Disney: it will be one of those double jogging strollers. Rope Drop/Back for Afternoon nap/Return for Fireworks.
We are looking at a late April/post Easter/extreme end of Spring break trip for 14 days.
What does the Pop/Park buses actually look like wait wise? I'm not opposed to Uber. I just need to prepare. I'm not going to lie, at the end of the day coming back from the park is going to be the most challenging part of the day although my sister says that when she stayed at All Star Sports in 2015 the bus allowed disabled kids in strollers to board through the ramp/lift in the back (it would be nice but I'm not holding my breath) so the parents could get them on safer.
In my mind:
Fantastic experience=Walked right on almost all buses/always had seats
Great experience=5 min wait for majority of buses/only had to stand on a handful of buses
Good experience=5-15 min wait for majority of buses (rare wait up to 30 mins)/standing room only buses some days
Fair experience=20 min wait for all buses (waits of 30-60 mins at Park open and close)/ 50% of buses standing/Would consider Uber at Busy times
Poor experience= Greater than 20 min wait for all buses (60+ min wait at park open and close)/ Most buses standing/ Would consider Uber most of the time
Bad experience= ~60 min wait best case scenario for a bus (Quicker to walk at park open and close)/Never saw a seat/Buy stock in Uber/Rent a car

Objetively, what are we likely going to see with buses?

Still trying to understand Disney bus system but I'm an obsessive planner and most of everything that I have read had been somewhat subjective in nature.
Background: Single parent will be bringing two children who have moderate and severe special needs. Both use a mobility device part-time. For Disney: it will be one of those double jogging strollers. Rope Drop/Back for Afternoon nap/Return for Fireworks.
We are looking at a late April/post Easter/extreme end of Spring break trip for 14 days.
What does the Pop/Park buses actually look like wait wise? I'm not opposed to Uber. I just need to prepare. I'm not going to lie, at the end of the day coming back from the park is going to be the most challenging part of the day although my sister says that when she stayed at All Star Sports in 2015 the bus allowed disabled kids in strollers to board through the ramp/lift in the back (it would be nice but I'm not holding my breath) so the parents could get them on safer.
In my mind:
Great experience=5 min wait for majority of buses/only had to stand on a handful of buses
Good experience=5-15 min wait for majority of buses (rare wait up to 30 mins)/standing room only buses some days
Fair experience=20 min wait for all buses (waits of 30-60 mins at Park open and close)/ 50% of buses standing/Would consider Uber at Busy times
Poor experience= Greater than 20 min wait for all buses (60+ min wait at park open and close)/ Most buses standing/ Would consider Uber most of the time
Bad experience= ~60 min wait best case scenario for a bus (Quicker to walk at park open and close)/Never saw a seat/Buy stock in Uber/Rent a car

I've had mostly Great/Good Experiences with the buses. Less than 15 minute waits almost all the time. Only exception was one night it started to pour and there was a mass exodus, 45 minute wait, the line was insane, but they did call in a lot of buses, there were just a LOT of people to move.

There are now boards at POP with arrival times for the park buses. I haven't been since they have been added, but that will be a nice addition.

If you are leaving the park after fireworks with the majority of the crowd, that is when I think it is the worst.

Just spent this past week in the 90s building. If we didn't read these boards, we would not have noticed the construction. We were up early most days for rope drops, and returned after park closings. They were not working over night at all.

So am I reading this right? They are still putting guests in "old" rooms in the 90s building? It's the end of April and they haven't even started on all the room s in he first building they are working on? Man, this is going to take forever!

Last trip (December of 2016) it was definitely in the "Good experience" range. I've had more trouble in "off" times than park open/close, but still within the "fair" range. I will say that park close seems to come with a greater chance of standing room only IMO. Also, it is easier to wait if you want in the morning if you want to get the next bus. I wish I could comment on them allowing entering a kneeling bus at the back for those kids that can use a stroller, but I just don't know. I do know if a cast member was there at the bus stop they would direct you and help with the bus driver, but most of the time you'd be on your own.

I will also add, just FYI, that even when the bus boards were running (showing approximate time of arrival), they readily kept bumping the bus time by 5 minutes, so you couldn't always trust the arrival time when you looked at the boards. 85% of the time the board was right, 5% of the time they were way off.

Anyone had luck with rooms opening up closer to your trip?

We are booked at CBR for our dates (May 29-June 6) but have decided with all the construction going on over there that we'd like to save some money and stay at POP, where we've had many good stays. Right now for our dates, there are no standard room deals for APs or summer room only discount rooms available. I think we are going to book at All Star Sports but I am wondering if it's worth checking daily to see if POP ends up having some availability?

Anyone had luck with rooms opening up closer to your trip?

We are booked at CBR for our dates (May 29-June 6) but have decided with all the construction going on over there that we'd like to save some money and stay at POP, where we've had many good stays. Right now for our dates, there are no standard room deals for APs or summer room only discount rooms available. I think we are going to book at All Star Sports but I am wondering if it's worth checking daily to see if POP ends up having some availability?

Yes, it's worth checking, and checking multiple times per day. When I'm watching for a specific resort to open up, I'm checking first thing in the morning (online, just before and after 7:00am), around lunchtime (for people who are canceling on their lunch hour) and in the evening (sometimes twice - once when I first get home, and again before going to bed). I have never failed in getting the resort I want, but sometimes it seems like it has taken FOREVER for something to open up. I would book at a resort that you are OK with, but keep checking for Pop in the meantime. Oh, and be prepared to pull the trigger the instant you see Pop available. Don't even take the few seconds to think about it, or celebrate your good fortune. You want to grab it immediately! Good luck!

When staying in the 90's section, is it easy to cross the parking lot to get to the busses and classic hall. This looks like the shortest route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter