Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have stayed at POP several times and love it with one exception. The dreaded bus lines :( Did I read not too long ago that improvements have been made with regards to que lines and wait time updates? DD absolutely despises this part so we are considering a moderate. However, the price difference makes it very hard.
I don't remember the buses being an issue, they are better than All Stars since there is no sharing - and return wise you could always take to AoA and walk back across bridge.

I just booked my December stay and originally had a preferred room but had to downgrade to standard for Free Dining so hopefully I can still snag a new room, just me and the DH so a queen is much better

As this is my first trip to POP and am going preferred I really don't mind what room I get just as long as I get one :P

I don't remember the buses being an issue, they are better than All Stars since there is no sharing - and return wise you could always take to AoA and walk back across bridge.

I just booked my December stay and originally had a preferred room but had to downgrade to standard for Free Dining so hopefully I can still snag a new room, just me and the DH so a queen is much better

The busses weren't too bad for me either, but then, I've never stayed at Pop during the busy season. June will be my first time. I mean yeah, it's bad at Magic Kingdom closing time, but I just assumed all the bus lines were like that.

But yes, better than All-Stars and you have the option of jumping on the AoA bus if the line is shorter.

We have stayed at POP several times and love it with one exception. The dreaded bus lines :( Did I read not too long ago that improvements have been made with regards to que lines and wait time updates? DD absolutely despises this part so we are considering a moderate. However, the price difference makes it very hard.

After nearing 10 stays at Pop, I have to say - the busses there are far better than any other resort I have stayed at. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the uncovered-ness at the Resort. But, I far prefer the lines to the free-for-all at resorts where it is just a shelter. We have only had one obscene time, and it was closing at MK. We sat on a bench near the pop machines on the way to the bus. Watched the millions trudge by. Let the kids snooze on us for an hour or so, all while people watching. Figured, if we were going to wait an hour, we could do it from a bench. Then, we walked to the line, got on a bus, and it was easy.

The worst bus service I have ever had was at a moderate, TBH. I wouldn't pay $$$$ just for the hope it would be better.

What is the best building to be close to the buses in a standard room.

We have found 80's and 90's to be great for the busses...cut across the parking lot from the 90's and you are right there.

After nearing 10 stays at Pop, I have to say - the busses there are far better than any other resort I have stayed at. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the uncovered-ness at the Resort. But, I far prefer the lines to the free-for-all at resorts where it is just a shelter. We have only had one obscene time, and it was closing at MK. We sat on a bench near the pop machines on the way to the bus. Watched the millions trudge by. Let the kids snooze on us for an hour or so, all while people watching. Figured, if we were going to wait an hour, we could do it from a bench. Then, we walked to the line, got on a bus, and it was easy.

The worst bus service I have ever had was at a moderate, TBH. I wouldn't pay $$$$ just for the hope it would be better.

We have found 80's and 90's to be great for the busses...cut across the parking lot from the 90's and you are right there.

I agree! This is the main reason we return to Pop.

Thanks for the replies I ended up being able to book all but 2 days. I'm wondering if the refurb is starting in preferred rooms around then because I had to book the last 2 days of my trip as standard since the cm were all saying no preferred in booking beginnig of november.

Hi everyone!

DBFF and I just booked POP preferred pool view for the second week of September!!:D
After a rough year for the both of us it is definitely needed. DBFF has never been before and I just went for a quick trip in March for my first time. We want to go to the halloween party, anyone know when these will be on sale?
And one more question; what should we expect weather-wise Sept 5-13? We both have been to Mexico multiple times in the middle of Summer, so heat and humidity don't bother us! :flower1::flower1:

Hi everyone!

DBFF and I just booked POP preferred pool view for the second week of September!!:D
After a rough year for the both of us it is definitely needed. DBFF has never been before and I just went for a quick trip in March for my first time. We want to go to the halloween party, anyone know when these will be on sale?
And one more question; what should we expect weather-wise Sept 5-13? We both have been to Mexico multiple times in the middle of Summer, so heat and humidity don't bother us! :flower1::flower1:
:thumbsup2 What we know so far is that the MNSSHP tickets are going on sale sometime in May. I'm waiting on those too! As for early September, like you already noted, Heat, Humidity, and be prepared for rain.

I booked 9/5-9/12 with FD (upgrade to DDP) and want to know this too! Does POP have the bus monitors? That's the one thing I hate about Pop are the buses! .. We once waited 2 hours for a bus late night at MK (3 buses broke down while we were in line.. It was a nightmare!). Going in a slower period, so hopefully it will be better.

I booked 9/5-9/12 with FD (upgrade to DDP) and want to know this too! Does POP have the bus monitors? That's the one thing I hate about Pop are the buses! .. We once waited 2 hours for a bus late night at MK (3 buses broke down while we were in line.. It was a nightmare!). Going in a slower period, so hopefully it will be better.
Pop does have the display monitors outside showing when the next bus arrives. Yeah, the busing from anywhere at MK close is a nightmare.

Oh, and AoA's busses are sometimes a good option. It's not a very far walk across the bridge from AoA to Pop. We've gotten in their bus line before when Pop did not have one and just walked across the bridge to Pop.

Oh, and AoA's buses are sometimes a good option. It's not a very far walk across the bridge from AoA to Pop. We've gotten in their bus line before when Pop did not have one and just walked across the bridge to Pop.
Thanks for the info... I have taken the AoA buses a few times.. that particular time, both lines were crazy. By the time we got on the bus, the only ones with any lines were Pop and AoA (and there were hundreds of people behind us).

Thanks for the info... I have taken the AoA buses a few times.. that particular time, both lines were crazy. By the time we got on the bus, the only ones with any lines were Pop and AoA (and there were hundreds of people behind us).
We experienced this last time at MK close. Pop and AoA were equally bad. We were so far down that there wasn't even a real queue. It was just a snaking line of people, back and forth, lined up trying to get to the queue. It was crazy. This was during a slower period too. I hate the buses at closing time. So crazy. It's best just to hang out in the park, look around the shops or something. Think we are going to do that this time instead of getting in the crazy.

We experienced this last time at MK close. Pop and AoA were equally bad. We were so far down that there wasn't even a real queue. It was just a snaking line of people, back and forth, lined up trying to get to the queue. It was crazy. This was during a slower period too. I hate the buses at closing time. So crazy. It's best just to hang out in the park, look around the shops or something. Think we are going to do that this time instead of getting in the crazy.

That's exactly what we do. If we're staying in the park until it closes we know the bus lines are going to be crazy regardless of where we're staying (there's just a huge mob of people at the bus stop areas in general at closing time) so we just hang out in the park for about 30-45 minutes before meandering slowly to the bus stops. I'd rather window shop, get a snack, people watch, etc. in the park for 45 minutes than stand in a line with cranky sweaty people. By the time we get to the bus stops the worst of the crowds are gone and we usually don't have more than a 5-10 minute wait. But most of the time, we try to avoid leaving at closing time -- opting to leave at least an hour before closing. My favorite time to leave the park is after a night time EMH at MK. This past June we walked out to the bus stop at 2:10 a.m. and there was a bus waiting. As soon as we got on, the transportation CM said there was no one else walking towards the bus stop so he told the driver to leave. There were 5 of us on the bus.

We got in line over an hour before closing! By the time we got on the bus, everyone was literally gone from the park! All the shoppers, riders, everyone! ..but it looks like we will both be a Pop around the same time, so I'll see you in line hahaha!!

Howdy, thanks to a combo of free dining and the mods only getting QS, we'll be staying at Pop Century this August/September! This will be our second time on property and first at POP (last time was at CBR). After viewing some video tours of POP I'm very excited. I also wanted to say hi to the other familiar FD wait and watch crew. I'm crazy psyched to return to the Dis. :D :D

Totally agree with this. We had great bus service at Pop. Definitely experienced worse early morning buses at the moderates and worse after-park-close service at AKL. They were making AKL and AKV share a bus, and it was absurd. That's another reason I like evening EMH. Seems to cut down on the mass exodus at the end of the night.

I love the idea of walking around the park and just hanging out until the bus crowds die down. I have found that hard to do with kids, though. They are exhausted and just want to go back to the resort and lie down. Along with 10000 of their closest friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter