Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the pools, is there one that is less used than others ? Or do they all get busy ?

I have a question about the pools, is there one that is less used than others ? Or do they all get busy ?

The main pool "Hippy Dippy" is the busiest. The children's pool activities are here as well as the evening movies. Petals pool bar is also here.

The computer and bowling pin pools are far more quiet. My kids have had the computer pool to themselves one afternoon and the bowling pin all theirs one evening.

It really depends. The Hippy Dippy pool is the main pool so it is constantly being used, but I've never found it to be too busy. There are times when the Computer pool is dead, but we've also been when there were huge tour groups staying in the 80's/90's section so that pool was packed all the time.

Thanks, was just asking as it is just me and altho it is rare for me to sit by the pool I may want a day here and there to just catch some rays and read in a quietish zone

just a heads up for anyone heading over in the near future......Osceola Parkway near the turn for Pop century is being worked on. It did affect the time we spent on a bus on a couple of occasions as we got stuck in traffic due to the construction. Not a big deal but just something to make note of.

Hey - I'm wondering if anyone can confirm whether the bus stop at POP has those boards installed that let you know how long it will be for the next bus to arrive?

YAY. I'm one of those weirdos who feels much better about a 20 min wait if I know it's going to be 20 mins for the bus to arrive. :)

Most of the times the wait boards were great but sometimes (especially when your bus is stuck in traffic at the Osceola Parkway turn), it increases time in 2-5 minute increments and sometimes is off by a bit.

Most of the times the wait boards were great but sometimes (especially when your bus is stuck in traffic at the Osceola Parkway turn), it increases time in 2-5 minute increments and sometimes is off by a bit.
Good to know. Are there certain times of day when traffic is more likely to make that happen? (ie rush hour)

Good to know. Are there certain times of day when traffic is more likely to make that happen? (ie rush hour)
Definitely morning near Park open. We had a few bus delays because traffic getting into MK was really backed up. At least, that is what the driver said.

Has anyone know what parts of the resort have been updated with the new rooms? We are coming on June 30th for 9 days and have a preferred pool room. We actually like the changes to the rooms as it will give us more space and not be forced to sit on beds the whole entire time to do anything.

From what I have read the 90's building is the first one being done but not completed yet (afaik)

That's my recollection too from surfing the various threads. Rumour is they may have renovated rooms available in June, but I'm not getting my coffee-maker-hopes up.

I am arriving the first of July and today my early check in started. I am thinking that I should request the 90's building, but not sure. Would hate to get a non-refurbished room AND be right next to the construction. If I can't get a refurbished room, I would rather be in the 50's section away from it.

I am arriving the first of July and today my early check in started. I am thinking that I should request the 90's building, but not sure. Would hate to get a non-refurbished room AND be right next to the construction. If I can't get a refurbished room, I would rather be in the 50's section away from it.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you might as well wait a little closer to time. You can follow along on the progress and make your decision as more info comes in. I don't believe they do anything this far ahead of time on a "first requested" basis; meaning I don't think you have to beat anyone in requesting certain things this far out in order to get what you request, the decision is made closer to time.

I'm with Mome Rath; I'd wait a little longer and hope for more news on the refurbed rooms opening.

Or - if I didn't mind calling, I'd call in and specifically request a refurbished room (without specifying a building).

If the entire 90s building is not completely remodeled by July, then we're in for a long haul.

We are checking out tomorrow. Had a great stay! If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer them :)

Renovations - no updates! Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter