Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Just came back from dinner at polynesian and it was incredibly dirty everywhere. Every trash can outside captain cooks was overflowing, the trash cans in the downstairs bathroom and the trash by monorail entrance as well. I've never seen anything like that before at any of the resorts. Was surprising to say the least.

Just came back from dinner at polynesian and it was incredibly dirty everywhere. Every trash can outside captain cooks was overflowing, the trash cans in the downstairs bathroom and the trash by monorail entrance as well. I've never seen anything like that before at any of the resorts. Was surprising to say the least.
I know people like to stop at the Poly even when they’re not staying there but I really wish that for the price, they’d put a few more limitations during really busy times. Like more days when beach for fireworks is guests only, or ADR priority or mobile dole whip ordering for hotel guests. I’m sure with the spring break crowds, it’s a lot right now.

Last edited:

We just got back from our first WDW trip and had a fabulous 6 night stay at the Polynesian. I booked a standard room when the 2023 rates were released. After much research and learning about the DVC construction, I called in my room request 2 weeks before the trip and requested to be on the 3rd or 1st floor, Rarotonga, Niue or Samoa, no construction view. At check in I got 1st floor Rarotonga, which had no construction view. Loved the room location since it’s right beside the Great Ceremonial House and on the path to the bus stop and TTC. We never heard noise from the construction and actually didn’t notice it unless we were on the monorail and passed by it.

We just got back from our first WDW trip and had a fabulous 6 night stay at the Polynesian. I booked a standard room when the 2023 rates were released. After much research and learning about the DVC construction, I called in my room request 2 weeks before the trip and requested to be on the 3rd or 1st floor, Rarotonga, Niue or Samoa, no construction view. At check in I got 1st floor Rarotonga, which had no construction view. Loved the room location since it’s right beside the Great Ceremonial House and on the path to the bus stop and TTC. We never heard noise from the construction and actually didn’t notice it unless we were on the monorail and passed by it.
That’s great! How did you find the crowds at the hotel and the pool? Also going for 6 nights during a very busy time next month so would love to get your thoughts on it.

That’s great! How did you find the crowds at the hotel and the pool? Also going for 6 nights during a very busy time next month so would love to get your thoughts on it.
I found it manageable. We used the lava pool 3 days out of 6 and always found 4 chairs together. We ate some quick meals at Captain Cooks and the food was ready quickly. Our first night on Fri we had dinner reservations at Kona Cafe at 7:30pm, it was busy but we were seated promptly. Our last night we had dinner reservations at Ohana at 6pm, busy again but we were seated right away. Loved the atmosphere and energy at the resort. It really added to our full enjoyment of Disney!

Rearranged our honeymoon this morning because future husband decided he wanted to try the Poly or the Contemporary! Was able to snag 6 night in a Lagoon View Club Level room (which will be followed by 7 nights at the Boardwalk)!

Really hoping for a third floor room and will definitely be requesting it... I hate the thought of not having a balcony on the second floor. Only two Lagoon View rooms on the third floor but maybe we'll get lucky!

Rearranged our honeymoon this morning because future husband decided he wanted to try the Poly or the Contemporary! Was able to snag 6 night in a Lagoon View Club Level room (which will be followed by 7 nights at the Boardwalk)!

Really hoping for a third floor room and will definitely be requesting it... I hate the thought of not having a balcony on the second floor. Only two Lagoon View rooms on the third floor but maybe we'll get lucky!
It never hurts to note your honeymoon on your reservation and maybe they’ll be more apt to fulfill the balcony request.

Stupid question. Maybe. Forgive my ignorance. I’ve ignored the Polynesian to avoid falling in love and wanting to book but I may have fallen down the rabbit hole a little…

I am looking at the DVC studios. I’m assuming you have to be a DVC member to book one of these?

Or can anyone?

Stupid question. Maybe. Forgive my ignorance. I’ve ignored the Polynesian to avoid falling in love and wanting to book but I may have fallen down the rabbit hole a little…

I am looking at the DVC studios. I’m assuming you have to be a DVC member to book one of these?

Or can anyone?
Anyone can book! Click HERE and it will take you to the Disney booking site for the Poly Villas. Enjoy!

Anyone can book! Click HERE and it will take you to the Disney booking site for the Poly Villas. Enjoy!
Appreciate your quick response
Thank you

Now I’m comparing a standard room to a studio and wondering which is better! They’re almost apples to oranges right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter