Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Appreciate your quick response
Thank you

Now I’m comparing a standard room to a studio and wondering which is better! They’re almost apples to oranges right?
There are some differences. For example, you will receive two standard queen beds in a resort room. In the villas, you will have one queen bed and a pull down Murphy bed as your second bed. You will also have an additional bathroom in the villas, which consists of second shower, as well as a vanity. You will also have a kitchenette in the villa! if you would like to compare the two, I would watch a couple of YouTube videos to see which one you and your family prefer. Good luck deciding!

There are some differences. For example, you will receive two standard queen beds in a resort room. In the villas, you will have one queen bed and a pull down Murphy bed as your second bed. You will also have an additional bathroom in the villas, which consists of second shower, as well as a vanity. You will also have a kitchenette in the villa! if you would like to compare the two, I would watch a couple of YouTube videos to see which one you and your family prefer. Good luck deciding!
I’ve watched videos and looked at pictures. The carpet is the luring factor…

And the two bathrooms.

Location wise at the resort (to the pools and restaurants) does one have more of an advantage over another?

I’ve watched videos and looked at pictures. The carpet is the luring factor…

And the two bathrooms.

Location wise at the resort (to the pools and restaurants) does one have more of an advantage over another?
IMO, i think the hotel side has the location advantage in terms of proximity to pools and the ceremonial house. The con is that if you have a standard hotel view, there’s a risk of a construction view too. Some of the studio longhouses are closer to TTC (pro for epcot) but more of a schlep to the other amenities. if you already prefer the look of the studios bc you like the carpet, I don’t think you’ll regret booking one since it does have guaranteed outdoor space, an extra bathing area and a more robust kitchenette.

IMO, i think the hotel side has the location advantage in terms of proximity to pools and the ceremonial house. The con is that if you have a standard hotel view, there’s a risk of a construction view too. Some of the studio longhouses are closer to TTC (pro for epcot) but more of a schlep to the other amenities. if you already prefer the look of the studios bc you like the carpet, I don’t think you’ll regret booking one since it does have guaranteed outdoor space, an extra bathing area and a more robust kitchenette.

I do have to think about proximity a little, how far of a walk is the difference to the pools for example?

I do have to think about proximity a little, how far of a walk is the difference to the pools for example?
I’m not sure—there’s definitely a centrally located studios longhouse (Tokelau, the long one by the quiet pool which for some reason isn’t marked on this map), but Moorea and especially Pago Pago are farther away IMO. Some people have said it was only a few mins further and that could very well be true—for me at least, it seemed long whenever I walked by there on way back from TTC and I was personally glad my family was in Aotearoa, in a room right by the exit closest to Tonga, when we stayed last year. Edit: this was before construction started though and I’m thinking more of the walk to lava pool or ceremonial house.
72C7FCCB-4478-466A-A1AB-BFEBC6424577.jpeg

Last edited:

I’m not sure—there’s definitely a centrally located studios longhouse (Tokelau, the long one by the quiet pool which for some reason isn’t marked on this map), but Moorea and especially Pago Pago are farther away IMO. Some people have said it was only a few mins further and that could very well be true—for me at least, it seemed long whenever I walked by there on way back from TTC and I was personally glad my family was in Aotearoa, in a room right by the exit closest to Tonga, when we stayed last year.
View attachment 747808

I would imagine it also depends on what end of the longhouse you're in. Moorea and Pago Pago probably wouldn't be as bad if you were on the western end where you can go out the side exit and shave some time off. I had Tokelau requested back when we were still booked in the DVC room but tbh I don't think either of the others are far enough away to be annoying. I am definitely requesting Samoa though now that we are Pool/Water on the cash side lol

I would imagine it also depends on what end of the longhouse you're in. Moorea and Pago Pago probably wouldn't be as bad if you were on the western end where you can go out the side exit and shave some time off. I had Tokelau requested back when we were still booked in the DVC room but tbh I don't think either of the others are far enough away to be annoying. I am definitely requesting Samoa though now that we are Pool/Water on the cash side lol
Agreed, when we last stayed there, we were very close to the exit out of building doors and that def made it feel closer to the “hub”. That said, I’m sure it also depends on who you’re traveling with. Pre-kids or on a no kids trip, I personally wouldn’t care all that much about length of time to get to pool or lobby, etc. Got all the time, haha. With two under 10yo kids, I am much more aware of proximity to food or bed or pool and the likelihood of having to make multiple return trips to the room bc someone forgot something or some kid has to poop is much higher, lol.

Have you seen in the past when all deals are sold out- openings coming up? I’m not seeing any poly available. We are looking for single room- no club level this June 7-10

Hi! We’re in a bit of an interesting situation in that we’re staying at the regular hotel side of the Poly for two nights and then moving to the DVC side for two nights. I’m trying to figure out how to deal with the transfer - bring all our bags to bell services and ask them to hold them til we get back from the parks on our switch day? We usually have food in the fridge too… We’ve never split-stayed (and certainly not within the same resort), so I have no idea what to do!

Have you seen in the past when all deals are sold out- openings coming up? I’m not seeing any poly available. We are looking for single room- no club level this June 7-10

Keep checking closer to when final payment for packages would be due, 30 days prior to check in, sometimes availability will pop up as people cancel before then to avoid penalty. But the Poly is an extremely popular resort and is booked solid most of the time, you have to book pretty far out from your dates most of the time.

Hi! We’re in a bit of an interesting situation in that we’re staying at the regular hotel side of the Poly for two nights and then moving to the DVC side for two nights. I’m trying to figure out how to deal with the transfer - bring all our bags to bell services and ask them to hold them til we get back from the parks on our switch day? We usually have food in the fridge too… We’ve never split-stayed (and certainly not within the same resort), so I have no idea what to do!
Just take your stuff to bell services to have them hold it. They have refrigeration available for any perishables.

Just a pool hours watch... I saw reported in another thread that AKL pool hours moved to 10am-11pm (from 10am-10pm) over daylight savings time weekend. I'd appreciate if anyone there now/recently back could confirm Lava Pool hours are also currently 10am-11pm.

:thanks:

Just a pool hours watch... I saw reported in another thread that AKL pool hours moved to 10am-11pm (from 10am-10pm) over daylight savings time weekend. I'd appreciate if anyone there now/recently back could confirm Lava Pool hours are also currently 10am-11pm.

Ooh, great question! I remember being there last April and the pool was open until 11pm then.

I was there March 10-16 and the pool hours were 10am-11pm

Last edited:

Interestingly, when I saw your post I emailed the club level email address to get the hours (before I saw any responses to it) and they just emailed me the hours are 10-10pm. So they don’t necessarily have the most updated info, which is useful to know (although a bit of a bummer!)

Odd question but how big is the safe in the room? Our TA said it’s pretty standard but I’ve seen a wide range of in-room safes at various hotels. Are we talking jewelry and cash? Or can I put a laptop and tablets on it?

Odd question but how big is the safe in the room? Our TA said it’s pretty standard but I’ve seen a wide range of in-room safes at various hotels. Are we talking jewelry and cash? Or can I put a laptop and tablets on it?
I would say it depends on the size of your laptop, I would think a tablet would fit no problem. This video shows the one in the closet on the DVC Villas side. You can probably find a video of the new Moana rooms on the hotel side that would show the ones there. My guess is that they are all the same. Hope this helps.

I would say it depends on the size of your laptop, I would think a tablet would fit no problem. This video shows the one in the closet on the DVC Villas side. You can probably find a video of the new Moana rooms on the hotel side that would show the ones there. My guess is that they are all the same. Hope this helps.

I feel kinda dumb because I have seen them in a video before. Haha. I completely forgot to check the videos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter