Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I’m sure this has been asked before but can’t seem to find it—any pro/con to doing online check in through app now vs waiting until we get there? Have submitted room preference and staying CL. Thanks!

I’m sure this has been asked before but can’t seem to find it—any pro/con to doing online check in through app now vs waiting until we get there? Have submitted room preference and staying CL. Thanks!

No real reason not to do online check in imo. If you include your phone number they will text you when your room is ready and you can go straight to it. I just did it last night for our May trip. I do my room requests through Touring Plans so I just skip it on the online check in since it's very limited on there. The big thing to watch out for is to make sure you leave that box unchecked that says you prefer your room being ready before any of your requests.

No real reason not to do online check in imo. If you include your phone number they will text you when your room is ready and you can go straight to it. I just did it last night for our May trip. I do my room requests through Touring Plans so I just skip it on the online check in since it's very limited on there. The big thing to watch out for is to make sure you leave that box unchecked that says you prefer your room being ready before any of your requests.
Thanks! So if i do it on the app, can I still go to the desk when I get there and reiterate a room preference? We’re going to get there before 9am so I was uncertain if there’d be a benefit to talking to someone face to face and checking in that way.
That said, while outdoor space would be preferable, it’s not a dealbreaker in the way that a construction view would’ve been when I had the standard hotel view booked, so maybe no need to reiterate…

Thanks! So if i do it on the app, can I still go to the desk when I get there and reiterate a room preference? We’re going to get there before 9am so I was uncertain if there’d be a benefit to talking to someone face to face and checking in that way.
That said, while outdoor space would be preferable, it’s not a dealbreaker in the way that a construction view would’ve been when I had the standard hotel view booked, so maybe no need to reiterate…
You can still go to the desk but rooms are assigned a few days ahead of check in so it wouldn't impact anything either way. The only reason to go to the desk if you've checked in online is if your room isn't ready yet and you changed your mind about your requests and just want the next available one. If you do end up without a patio/balcony when your room is ready you can go afterwards and see if they'll move you.

Me again, sorry! I finally prioritized submitting online check in just now and unlike a few days ago, the app no longer lists 3rd and ground floor as a room preference option—it lists “none” and “ground floor”. Does that mean no more 3rd floor rooms i assume? We check in on Thursday. I believe my TA already submitted 3rd floor preference so I think not listing a preference in the app is okay, right? (Although again, seems like they’re all out of 3rd floor Hawaii rooms I assume?)

Has anyone seen 3rd floor disappear as an option on the app before? Thanks!

Me again, sorry! I finally prioritized submitting online check in just now and unlike a few days ago, the app no longer lists 3rd and ground floor as a room preference option—it lists “none” and “ground floor”. Does that mean no more 3rd floor rooms i assume? We check in on Thursday. I believe my TA already submitted 3rd floor preference so I think not listing a preference in the app is okay, right? (Although again, seems like they’re all out of 3rd floor Hawaii rooms I assume?)

Has anyone seen 3rd floor disappear as an option on the app before? Thanks!
If your TA has already submitted a preference, do NOT check anything about room preferences on the online check in. Those options will override anything you have previously submitted by phone/email/chat/etc.

If your TA has already submitted a preference, do NOT check anything about room preferences on the online check in. Those options will override anything you have previously submitted by phone/email/chat/etc.
Okay thanks! Yes my plan initially had been to corroborate it but now that 3rd floor is gone, not gonna touch it! I just wasn’t sure if essentially expressing “no preference” was also overriding it. Do you think the absence of 3rd floor as an option is meaningful?

Okay thanks! Yes my plan initially had been to corroborate it but now that 3rd floor is gone, not gonna touch it! I just wasn’t sure if essentially expressing “no preference” was also overriding it. Do you think the absence of 3rd floor as an option is meaningful?
Honestly, I don't know whether that indicates actual availability, an intentional change in check-in options, or a glitch/bug in the software (which is unfortunately common).

So I've decided I want to book poly club level garden view for a trip in Feb/March 2024 and I'm wondering if the experts here have thoughts on whether that is in an-demand room category such that I should try to book room only now, before the packages are released? Then I would consider canceling (or modifying if that's an option) once the packages are released. But I don't want to miss out on the room category and is its seems like this room category is hard to find for currently released dates (I've checked a lot just at random). Thanks!

So I've decided I want to book poly club level garden view for a trip in Feb/March 2024 and I'm wondering if the experts here have thoughts on whether that is in an-demand room category such that I should try to book room only now, before the packages are released? Then I would consider canceling (or modifying if that's an option) once the packages are released. But I don't want to miss out on the room category and is its seems like this room category is hard to find for currently released dates (I've checked a lot just at random). Thanks!

Well, to make is easier for you to decide you can’t book a room only room that far out right now. You used to be able to but over the last couple of years Disney has transitioned to releasing room only reservations and package bookings at the same time - last year was early June if I recall correctly.

I stay Poly CL with some frequency and I wouldn’t say it’s a super hard to get category, but it is the materially cheaper CL category (relative to TPV and LV) so if you have that specific category / certain dates in mind, I would personally go ahead and book it when it becomes available. Then keep an eye on things later in the year for if/when any discounts are released and maybe you’ll get lucky and some will be available for that room type (don’t count on this, just treat it as found money if it happens).

Hope that helps, happy to answer any questions.

Well, to make is easier for you to decide you can’t book a room only room that far out right now. You used to be able to but over the last couple of years Disney has transitioned to releasing room only reservations and package bookings at the same time - last year was early June if I recall correctly.
Aha! That does make it easier! Thank you! I thought it was still possible to book just the room before the packages released, so I was worried about them all getting snatched up before the packages were out. So I will definitely just be monitoring for when they release everything and will book right away.

I decided on garden view as the ideal for us because we have a light-sleeping toddler and I'm worried about the noise from the lagoon/fireworks/beach on the side with the views. I like the club level add because it guarantees us Hawaii so I can have my one request to be 1st or 3rd level to give us a space to hang out while the toddler is sleeping (and also keeps us away from construction and fairly central). But I've never stayed at the poly (only ever gone for dinner/drinks), so would be happy for any thoughts you have on whether that decision seems right or if there's any other room category you would recommend!

FWIW when we got here (9am) I asked about our requests and they had me in Fiji but I got my third floor. My other request was view of quiet pool.

The CM told me they had a 2nd floor Samoa (quiet pool view) but she asked me to hang tight while she went to the back for a second. She came back and I was magically in Samoa, third floor, looking at quiet pool.

I say this to just suggest … ask a few questions about what is available. I don’t know how that other room appeared but it only took 5 minutes of just asking what else we could get to find it.

Edit: typos

Last edited:
Aha! That does make it easier! Thank you! I thought it was still possible to book just the room before the packages released, so I was worried about them all getting snatched up before the packages were out. So I will definitely just be monitoring for when they release everything and will book right away.

I decided on garden view as the ideal for us because we have a light-sleeping toddler and I'm worried about the noise from the lagoon/fireworks/beach on the side with the views. I like the club level add because it guarantees us Hawaii so I can have my one request to be 1st or 3rd level to give us a space to hang out while the toddler is sleeping (and also keeps us away from construction and fairly central). But I've never stayed at the poly (only ever gone for dinner/drinks), so would be happy for any thoughts you have on whether that decision seems right or if there's any other room category you would recommend!

We started staying at Poly CL when my first was 3 and stayed in all three categories quite a bit over the toddler years. I will admit my bias is the TPV or LV category as we spent many nights on the balcony or patio with a beverage watching fireworks while the kids were sound asleep - those were the days! It was also more interesting scenery/WDW watching during afternoon naps (and goldfish and beverages on the patio/balcony... WDW lunch of champions). But none of mine were light sleepers so I never had to contend with that part! I understand why some are concerned with noise so I don't argue with anyone who says it's not good for light sleepers, but I don't know if I totally agree, personally. Obviously that's very subjective though.

But IMHO Poly CL is a great choice with young ones regardless of the view category... such a nice bit of convenience to take the edge off of the other stresses of a WDW trip. Enjoy!

We started staying at Poly CL when my first was 3 and stayed in all three categories quite a bit over the toddler years. I will admit my bias is the TPV or LV category as we spent many nights on the balcony or patio with a beverage watching fireworks while the kids were sound asleep - those were the days! It was also more interesting scenery/WDW watching during afternoon naps (and goldfish and beverages on the patio/balcony... WDW lunch of champions). But none of mine were light sleepers so I never had to contend with that part! I understand why some are concerned with noise so I don't argue with anyone who says it's not good for light sleepers, but I don't know if I totally agree, personally. Obviously that's very subjective though.

But IMHO Poly CL is a great choice with young ones regardless of the view category... such a nice bit of convenience to take the edge off of the other stresses of a WDW trip. Enjoy!
Thank you for this! I did initially plan on booking a TPV for exactly the ambience you've articulated, but was sufficiently scared by some people who said they heard what sounded like foghorns next to their ears in some of their rooms to move away from that idea. It is so hard to know though! Clearly a large number of people are not bothered by it or the Poly wouldn't continue to be such a popular resort. And we do plan to bring white noise. I will probably continue to go back and forth on this until the rooms are released later this spring, so I'm glad to know it hasn't bothered you or your kids!

I find that these options can change and I’m not convinced it actually means anything. When our online check in first became available I took a look and there were no options to select other than “upper floor.” Since I added our request by phone I plan to skip that part as others have mentioned.

Rearranged our honeymoon this morning because future husband decided he wanted to try the Poly or the Contemporary! Was able to snag 6 night in a Lagoon View Club Level room (which will be followed by 7 nights at the Boardwalk)!

Really hoping for a third floor room and will definitely be requesting it... I hate the thought of not having a balcony on the second floor. Only two Lagoon View rooms on the third floor but maybe we'll get lucky!
What time are you arriving at Poly? I have found (our 2 last trips) that if you go early and stop at the concierge desk they are more likely to be able to accommodate your request. Both times we arrived early and spoke in person to the CMs we were able to get our requests. We actually fly in the night before our reservation, spend that night in a much cheaper accommodation and show up at the desk fairly early. Always in enough time to enjoy the continental breakfast at CL. We have just ditched our luggage with Bell Services and then gone on our merry way until our room is ready. Good Luck. 👍
And CONGRATULATIONS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter