Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all, I’ve had a standard hotel room booked for April forever (okay, since last June) and just switched to a garden level Club Level room when one popped up last week. I never thought I’d upgrade bc frankly the standard hotel room is pricey enough but months of construction view talk finally wore me down, lol. It increases our trip cost by a decent chunk (we’re there for 6 nights) and even though I know I’m paying a premium for convenience (Ie, I don’t expect to get the increased cost back in food and alcohol consumption), I’d love for someone to help pump me up so I don’t only focus on the questionable financial aspect of it, haha.

So if you’ve recently stayed in a club level room and enjoyed it, would love to hear about it! We’re a family of 4 and have two boys under 10 (7 and 9).

Also, any thoughts on 1st vs 3rd floor? I love the convenience of the patio but not sure if the more central location makes that awkward, privacy-wise.

Thanks!

Lol, maybe I can help. :stir:

We're a family of four and have spent many family WDW trips at Poly CL. It was the resort/CL combo that got us hooked on the whole WDW thing frankly.

The Hawaii location is really hard to beat - steps from both pools and the beach, it's just so darn convenient.

Knowing you'll be in Hawaii and your approx view is not something to be dismissed, especially as you note with construction views potentially impacting other viewing options.

With a GV room you're paying a lot less than the TPV and LV folks - so there's that! No doubt the price is high but the GV category is actually a decent value relative to other monorail resort CL options. So if you're going to try a monorail resort CL, Poly CL GV is a decent options.

The Poly lounge itself has great MK views and is just such a nice space, in my opinion. Yes, it can have ebbs/flows of crowds during main service times, but there are times where it's one of the most peaceful spots in WDW.

Coffee, water, beverages just steps away, no trekking back/forth to Cap't Cooks... priceless.

They did a good job with the 2021 renovation, IMHO.

Between first and third floor, I'd personally request third floor - no one above you stomping around. If it were me I'd phrase it as "third floor first priority, first floor second priority." You can submit that request via e-mail with DSS (sorry if you already know that).

Happy to answer any questions.

IMG_0766.jpeg

We're a family of four and have spent many family WDW trips at Poly CL. It was the resort/CL combo that got us hooked on the whole WDW thing frankly.

The Hawaii location is really hard to beat - steps from both pools and the beach, it's just so darn convenient.

Knowing you'll be in Hawaii and your approx view is not something to be dismissed, especially as you note with construction views potentially impacting other viewing options.

With a GV room you're paying a lot less than the TPV and LV folks - so there's that! No doubt the price is high but the GV category is actually a decent value relative to other monorail resort CL options. So if you're going to try a monorail resort CL, Poly CL GV is a decent options.

The Poly lounge itself has great MK views and is just such a nice space, in my opinion. Yes, it can have ebbs/flows of crowds during main service times, but there are times where it's one of the most peaceful spots in WDW.

Coffee, water, beverages just steps away, no trekking back/forth to Cap't Cooks... priceless.

Between first and third floor, I'd personally request third floor - no one above you stomping around. If it were me I'd phrase it as "third floor first priority, first floor second priority." You can submit that request via e-mail with DSS (sorry if you already know that).

View attachment 744616
This is very helpful, thanks! And I did first see a theme park club level room, which had an eye-popping cost, so that did make garden view seem much more reasonable in comparison when it popped up later, ha! Well played, Disney. Really glad to hear you enjoy CL so much—any thoughts on 1st floor vs 3rd floor when it comes to a GV room? Thanks! EDIT: Oh, didn’t see you addressed at the end of your comment, doh! Thanks so much!

Last edited:
We have our first club level trip this June. Is there a menu that shows the offerings during the day? How often does the menu change?

I'm going to sound like that typical Disney guest D'Amaro mentioned that complains if a trash can moves, but I really dislike this new pattern :rotfl: It looks like Disney took a map of Poly, blended it, and printed it on fabric. I feel like the bottom portion will also get that worn-in refurbished monorail seat sag (IYKYK). The red stripe was more inviting.

I take back anything I said about the large print on the new area rugs. Put that on the seats :rotfl2:

View attachment 744616

CL lounge bench seat > new lobby bench seat :rotfl:

Didn't the rooms get a new blue/teal/turquoise look? Interesting that didn't make it to the lobby.

:wave2: Is anyone going to be there April 1 - 7 ???
We (DH, DGD14 and DGD11) will be there in Hawaii building. Please if you are there that week let me know so I can say "hi" to fellow Disboarders!
Sparkle on Everyone!
💫💫💫
ETA: PM me if you want to meet in the lounge

Last edited:
Hi all, I’ve had a standard hotel room booked for April forever (okay, since last June) and just switched to a garden level Club Level room when one popped up last week. I never thought I’d upgrade bc frankly the standard hotel room is pricey enough but months of construction view talk finally wore me down, lol. It increases our trip cost by a decent chunk (we’re there for 6 nights) and even though I know I’m paying a premium for convenience (Ie, I don’t expect to get the increased cost back in food and alcohol consumption), I’d love for someone to help pump me up so I don’t only focus on the questionable financial aspect of it, haha.

So if you’ve recently stayed in a club level room and enjoyed it, would love to hear about it! We’re a family of 4 and have two boys under 10 (7 and 9).

Also, any thoughts on 1st vs 3rd floor? I love the convenience of the patio but not sure if the more central location makes that awkward, privacy-wise.

Thanks!
We love Poly club level! It really makes your trip feel more relaxing. My kids are not “granola bar in the room for breakfast people.” They, and my husband, need breakfast with real food. That alone makes it worth it for us. We often take an afternoon break and grab snacks for downtime and sometimes more food before we head back out for the evening. We have a kid who doesn’t really like fireworks due to the noise, so we love watching MK fireworks from the lounge with a drink and dessert and the kids in their pajamas. It’s one of my favorite Disney things. They pipe the music in and it’s the best. You have the right attitude that you probably won’t recoup the cost, so just enjoy it. You’re also paying for the convenience of the lounge and I personally find it worth it.

We love Poly club level! It really makes your trip feel more relaxing. My kids are not “granola bar in the room for breakfast people.” They, and my husband, need breakfast with real food. That alone makes it worth it for us. We often take an afternoon break and grab snacks for downtime and sometimes more food before we head back out for the evening. We have a kid who doesn’t really like fireworks due to the noise, so we love watching MK fireworks from the lounge with a drink and dessert and the kids in their pajamas. It’s one of my favorite Disney things. They pipe the music in and it’s the best. You have the right attitude that you probably won’t recoup the cost, so just enjoy it. You’re also paying for the convenience of the lounge and I personally find it worth it.
Thanks, that’s very helpful! Yes, exactly—for me at least, it seems clear I’m not actually going to consume $250-$300 worth of lounge food a day, haha. And obviously Disney intends to come out ahead financially no matter what. But I appreciate the input that it helps make the trip more relaxing—that’s exactly what I’m going for. No worrying about grocery store stops, being able to quickly give snacks to the snack monsters, having a central location, etc. Thanks so much again!

Last edited:
Thanks, that’s very helpful! Yes, exactly—for me at least, it seems clear I’m not actually going to consume $250-$300 worth of lounge food, haha. And obviously Disney intends to come out ahead financially no matter what. But I appreciate the input that it helps make the trip more relaxing—that’s exactly what I’m going for. No worrying about grocery store stops, being able to quickly give snacks to the snack monsters, having a central location, etc. Thanks so much again!
Also, they put out snacks at noontime, grab whatever you need for your next park day. You may even ask about snacks to go with you. Also at CR they gave us 4 waters (2 adults) every day to take to the parks. I'm not sure if they do this at Poly, but it's worth the ask!

View attachment 744616
New to the Club Level scene and first stay at Polynesian coming up soon. What is DSS? We are looking to make our room location request soon.

Never mind -I just figured that out - Disney Signature Services.

Is that the best way to make a room request?

Does anyone know if you can email a room request to the DSS email if a TA is technically on your reservation?
You can! I dealt directly with DSS before our doomed 2020 trip even though our Poly CL reservation was booked through a TA. Just make sure not to submit contradictory requests and you should be fine.

You can! I dealt directly with DSS before our doomed 2020 trip even though our Poly CL reservation was booked through a TA. Just make sure not to submit contradictory requests and you should be fine.
Oh great! My TA is a friend who has a FT business she runs (not as a TA) and 3 kids (have learned a valuable lesson about this, but that’s a separate story, lol) and it would just be easier to do it myself tbh.

Does DSS usually respond to the emailed request to acknowledge it was received?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter