Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I just saw that the walkway from GF to MK is closed until late spring. This will affect the Poly. I know in this thread a lot of folks seem to downplay walkability but it was a factor for us (we like to walk) so it's a bit of a bummer that we won't be able to skip the monorail/boat lines coming back at night.

I agree with you - we use the path to/from Poly quite a bit for MK back/forth at times, plus morning runs. Granted we went decades with no path so I'll survive - but it is definitely something we use often even when staying at Poly.

I just saw that the walkway from GF to MK is closed until late spring. This will affect the Poly. I know in this thread a lot of folks seem to downplay walkability but it was a factor for us (we like to walk) so it's a bit of a bummer that we won't be able to skip the monorail/boat lines coming back at night.
Yeah that’s a bummer! Do you know if it’s closed from MK Poly to GF? We actually used that more on our last trip. I will say that the ferry from MK to Poly is super convenient and that you have to walk past the ferry to get to the walkway so even though we’re big walkers, at the end of the day it didn’t seem that appealing compared to the boat that was right there and in the AM, we didn’t necessarily want to spend an extra 20-25 mins waking. Just in case that helps at all! EDIT: To fix my mistyping of the path I was asking about it.

Last edited:
Do you know if it’s closed from MK to GF?
Yes closed in both directions starting on Feb. 13 to allow for construction work at the GF buildings.

Disney has posted a late spring date for it reopening but they have notified guests that have reservations through the end of 2023 about the closure of the walkway between the GF and the MK.

Dave

I agree with you - we use the path to/from Poly quite a bit for MK back/forth at times, plus morning runs. Granted we went decades with no path so I'll survive - but it is definitely something we use often even when staying at Poly.
This is actually our first stay at Poly and it was one of the reasons (but not the sole reason). So while it is a bummer I think we will get over it.

Yes closed in both directions starting on Feb. 13 to allow for construction work at the GF buildings.

Disney has posted a late spring date for it reopening but they have notified guests that have reservations through the end of 2023 about the closure of the walkway between the GF and the MK.

Dave
Sorry I miswrote that! I meant to ask if it’s closed from the Poly to GF!

Planning multiple morning runs during a Disney trip is peak dad energy btw so user name checks out, haha

Sorry I miswrote that! I meant to ask if it’s closed from the Poly to GF!
Not currently closed between the Poly and the GF but the old primary walkway along the Seven Seas lagoon is closed and has been rerouted around the new DVC tower construction and the temporary path crosses Florida Way twice to get to the GF.

You will be right near the road but it should work for an early morning run.

Dave

I just saw an article where their Moana standard view room did not have a bathtub/shower combo. It only had a shower. Does anyone know how common this is? We would definitely want a bathtub for the toddler.

I just saw an article where their Moana standard view room did not have a bathtub/shower combo. It only had a shower. Does anyone know how common this is? We would definitely want a bathtub for the toddler.
I've seen it mentioned but every YouTube video I've seen has a shower/tub combo in the new rooms. So ... not sure it's that common. But it's just anecdotal evidence here.

edit: I just looked on YouTube and of course I found a video where he talks about it right away. His is a King room though -- so maybe it is King vs 2 Queens?

I'm not sure about the Poly; from experience, King rooms at the resorts are much more likely to only have showers than the 2 Queen setups. I tend to get put in King rooms a lot as a frequent solo guest and the only one I can remember with a tub was the King room I had at Beach Club. But I've not had a 2 Queens room lacking one. I would definitely call Disney and request a room with a tub since you have a toddler. They'll put the note on your reservation.

Hi! We'll be visiting the Polynesian in late March, and we are hoping to get baseball hats there. Do they currently sell Polynesian baseball hats at the Boutiki? (Or anywhere in the Polynesian, for that matter)? We saw some online, and are hoping they have this (or a Poly hat in general) now:

poly-hats-768x1024.jpg

Anyone seen a hat at the gift shop recently? Thanks!

Hi! We'll be visiting the Polynesian in late March, and we are hoping to get baseball hats there. Do they currently sell Polynesian baseball hats at the Boutiki? (Or anywhere in the Polynesian, for that matter)? We saw some online, and are hoping they have this (or a Poly hat in general) now:

poly-hats-768x1024.jpg

Anyone seen a hat at the gift shop recently? Thanks!
We were there about a week and a half ago and they still had those hats for sale at the Boutiki. They were $30.

Attachments

• 20230203_121111.jpg
    20230203_121111.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Going to at the Polynesian next week for a couple of days. I see the walkway to MK is closed; does anyone know if the walking path to TTC is closed as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter