Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has the parking situation been at Poly since Disney starts charging overnight parking fee?

We just got back from 5 nights over Memorial Day weekend and had zero issues with parking at the Poly. We have had issues in the past, but on this trip there was always ample parking available. As a matter of fact I noticed several times that the small lot near the DVC buildings often looked only half full.

We just got back from 5 nights over Memorial Day weekend and had zero issues with parking at the Poly. We have had issues in the past, but on this trip there was always ample parking available. As a matter of fact I noticed several times that the small lot near the DVC buildings often looked only half full.

I can't compare to before, but I concur. We rented a car for the first time and I was a little concerned about finding parking but there was no issue in either the afternoon or evening. While we primarily used the DVC end of the parking area I often noticed plenty of spots in the front lot. Perhaps it could get worse around major holidays.

Will someone please help with information on the costs of the following activities listed on the recreation calendar:

Mickey Tie Dye
Stencils
Arts & Crafts

Are these cash only or can we charge to the room? Do we pay at the activity?

Can anyone elaborate on Stencils and Arts & Crafts? The activity calendar does not provide details.

Thank you!

Will someone please help with information on the costs of the following activities listed on the recreation calendar:

Mickey Tie Dye
Stencils
Arts & Crafts

Are these cash only or can we charge to the room? Do we pay at the activity?

Can anyone elaborate on Stencils and Arts & Crafts? The activity calendar does not provide details.

Thank you!
We’ve done the tie dye (so much fun! Definitely recommend it!), and cash was not an option (I wanted to but it wasn’t accepted). I remember using my MagicBand.

We did the tie dye 2 years ago so not sure if it has gone up in price since then but it was $15 each. We had to use our magic bands to pay.

Can anyone tell me what the aloha after dark is on the recreation calendar? Thanks!

Honestly have no clue! :-)

This current version of the activities calendar is a little light on details, I must say. It has been a bit better/more descriptive in the past.

has anyone timed how long it takes to get back to be poly after Illuminations? I know it will vary based on crowds, but i’m wondering if it’s realistic to be back to the poly to see Hallowishes from the beach at 10:15 without feeling super rushed.

has anyone timed how long it takes to get back to be poly after Illuminations? I know it will vary based on crowds, but i’m wondering if it’s realistic to be back to the poly to see Hallowishes from the beach at 10:15 without feeling super rushed.

Pick backing on this question with how crowded is the monorail going back from Epcot?

Looking at the activity calendar, is it usual that there are only movies out on the lawn Thur-Sat? We are staying at the Poly in August - we're used to staying at Fort Wilderness, where there are outdoor movies every night. But we had such a good time this past April (we went to Trader Sam's, dropped the kiddo off at Lilo's, then afterwards all had a Dole Whip and watched a movie by tiki-torch) that we booked a bounce-back trip.

I'm not complaining - I was actually feeling a little bad if we didn't fit going to a movie again on this trip. We are going to MNSSHP on our arrival Tuesday night and were thinking of going to MK for the fireworks on Wednesday. Thursday night we fly out. So now I'm not feeling quite so guilty that we're not taking full advantage of the resort.

Would it be easier/faster to drive to Epcot over taking the monorail? We will have our car.

Looking at the activity calendar, is it usual that there are only movies out on the lawn Thur-Sat? We are staying at the Poly in August - we're used to staying at Fort Wilderness, where there are outdoor movies every night. But we had such a good time this past April (we went to Trader Sam's, dropped the kiddo off at Lilo's, then afterwards all had a Dole Whip and watched a movie by tiki-torch) that we booked a bounce-back trip.

I'm not complaining - I was actually feeling a little bad if we didn't fit going to a movie again on this trip. We are going to MNSSHP on our arrival Tuesday night and were thinking of going to MK for the fireworks on Wednesday. Thursday night we fly out. So now I'm not feeling quite so guilty that we're not taking full advantage of the resort.

I can’t remember exactly when they changed to moves only on select nights, but it’s been awhile (like a few years).

Can anyone tell me what the aloha after dark is on the recreation calendar? Thanks!
I would really like to find this out, as well. The only information I can find online is the announcement in December, but it didn't provide any details.

I would really like to find this out, as well. The only information I can find online is the announcement in December, but it didn't provide any details.
Same. Seems to be the million dollar question. I’m lost on which longhouse to request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter