Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Poly was my concession to my daughters who wanted to go to Hawaii (not a possibility for us this year) and I rearranged our schedule to be at the resort for those events as they were the only "must do" things on my 10 y.o.'s list (she packed a special outfit!). I realize schedules change and sometimes these things can't be helped, but it's a huge disappointment to find out only days away from arrival. I was unaware that there is only one hula instructor, but I do hope her health isn't the reason for the change.
Update- Had a wonderful time at Poly. Torch lighting and hula lessons were available Tues through Sat. Auntie played the ukulele and Brian gave the hula lesson. My daughter was the only one there the day we went, so she had a private lesson. i am so grateful to Brian and Auntie for taking their time and making her feel so special. Neither of us will ever forget it!

Question about transportation to the parks from Poly. Obviously MK and Epcot we can take the monorail (or boat to MK). For DHS and AK, we will take busses. Is it also possible to take a bus from the TTC? I am trying to figure out the best options for early rope drop days at DHS and AK, somreally wondering how early the busses start running from Poly and/or TTC (I know uber/lyft/Minnievan is also an option).

Question about transportation to the parks from Poly. Obviously MK and Epcot we can take the monorail (or boat to MK). For DHS and AK, we will take busses. Is it also possible to take a bus from the TTC? I am trying to figure out the best options for early rope drop days at DHS and AK, somreally wondering how early the busses start running from Poly and/or TTC (I know uber/lyft/Minnievan is also an option).

Buses start rolling every day at 6:30AM. I don't know about buses from the TTC to the parks. But can't imagine a advantage to walking there instead of hopping on at Poly.

There aren't park buses at the TTC. It did used to be more of a legit "transportation center" many years ago, but since the bulk of the MK bus plaza was built they phased out bus service at the TTC. These days there are park-to-park at the MK bus plaza, but not TTC.

If we wanted to take the Minnie Van to rope drop for HS, does the vehicle drop you off near where the buses would be unloading?

If we wanted to take the Minnie Van to rope drop for HS, does the vehicle drop you off near where the buses would be unloading?

The HS bus area is sort of a construction cluster right now and I'm not sure exactly where Minnie Vans are dropping off/picking up at this very moment, but has typically been in the same general area as the buses. In the past it has been at one of the unused bus stops.

Hi everyone! This is a long shot, but does anyone know the dimensions of the floor space in the smaller bathroom of poly studios? I know it will fit a pack and play, but could it fit a toddler bed sized inflatable mattress?

Hi everyone! This is a long shot, but does anyone know the dimensions of the floor space in the smaller bathroom of poly studios? I know it will fit a pack and play, but could it fit a toddler bed sized inflatable mattress?
I dont have dimensions, but the pack n play fit almost exactly, with an inch or two on either side. Hope that helps a little at least!

I've asked this exact question. I haven't gotten measurements yet but I think most are saying it won't.

Update- Had a wonderful time at Poly. Torch lighting and hula lessons were available Tues through Sat. Auntie played the ukulele and Brian gave the hula lesson. My daughter was the only one there the day we went, so she had a private lesson. i am so grateful to Brian and Auntie for taking their time and making her feel so special. Neither of us will ever forget it!

That sounds like so much fun! Is there a schedule for the hula lessons? My kids really want to try!! Thanks, happy you had a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter