Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about room service. We are staying at the Poly Club Level. Can we have room service deliver our meal to the Club Lounge or is that not permitted?

I have a question about room service. We are staying at the Poly Club Level. Can we have room service deliver our meal to the Club Lounge or is that not permitted?

No rules against it, they'll let you do it. I have seen it done, including twice last weekend when I was there.

I have seen it done respectfully by guests, and I have seen where a giant group pretty much takes over the lounge and creates a huge mess with their plates, trash, etc.

I have seen people clean up on their own and I have seen people leave a total disaster for the CL CM's to clean up. My personal opinion is I think it's rude to leave a mess for the CL CM's to clean up - that's not their job. Lounge offerings, yes, your personal room service, no. But others may have a different view.

My opinion is that it works best after the evening app service (after 7pm) when the lounge is quieter.

The third floor area is also a great option if you're trying to be a bit out of the way of other guests.

Does that answer your question? Probably more than you asked for, sorry!

Has anyone gone to Trader Sam's recently just to sit out on the patio? I want to bring my parents, so they can have a drink and listen to the music. If we were to arrive around 6pm, how hard will it be to get a table (on a Saturday)?

I don't know if it is different because we are staying DVC, but we did not have a longhouse option when I did online check-in yesterday. The options were Upper Floor, Lower Floor, Close to Transportation, or Close to Lobby.

If you have lagoon/magic kingdom view there is only one DVC long house which can accommodate this request.

If you have lagoon/magic kingdom view there is only one DVC long house which can accommodate this request.
Or, it may be they're abbreviating that online check-in, hoping people won't call longhouse requests and have desk tantrums when they get Pago Pago.

Seriously, in the course of a week, I saw no fewer than 3 desk tantrums about Pago Pago. (I had to deal with some Magic Band issues along the way, and a lost lei for a 6-year-old, so I spent some quality time at the desk.)

Or, it may be they're abbreviating that online check-in, hoping people won't call longhouse requests and have desk tantrums when they get Pago Pago.

Seriously, in the course of a week, I saw no fewer than 3 desk tantrums about Pago Pago. (I had to deal with some Magic Band issues along the way, and a lost lei for a 6-year-old, so I spent some quality time at the desk.)
Okay, "desk tantrums" shouldn't make me giggle (definitely no fun for CMs and other guests), but it just does. :D

Has anyone gone to Trader Sam's recently just to sit out on the patio? I want to bring my parents, so they can have a drink and listen to the music. If we were to arrive around 6pm, how hard will it be to get a table (on a Saturday)?
Had no problem grabbing a table around 5 on Saturday, July 3 last year. You'll be fine!

Aloha y'all....

I can't find an answer to this, but does Bell Services have refrigerators to store milk if your room isn't ready when you check in. When we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, they did.

Aloha y'all....

I can't find an answer to this, but does Bell Services have refrigerators to store milk if your room isn't ready when you check in. When we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, they did.

Yes, they do.

Having never stayed there what's the main problems with being at Pago Pago?

Having never stayed there what's the main problems with being at Pago Pago?
Basically, Poly DVC has two booking categories: Standard and Lake. Lake View is one side of Moorea, all three floors. Everything at Tokelau and Pago Pago, and then the back of Moorea, is SV.

There are a handful of rooms at Tokelau with side-on views of the castle. So everyone asks for those. Some of Tokelau is a pool view, too.
The front side of Pago Pago is one of the only true "parking lot" views at ALL of Poly.

So, in some respects, this is a categorization issue by Disney. They probably should have made the front of Pago Pago some form of "Standard View," then Tokelau and the back of Moorea and Pago Pago "Garden/Preferred." Because they didn't, Tokelau is the most popular request, but since only 2/5 of the SV rooms are there and DVC runs 95%+ booked... well, you see the issue, maybe.

So excited! Just changed our reservations for July from POR to the Poly. Plans were to take a more budget-friendly trip this year, but my heart won out over my wallet. :love: I was avoiding this thread for months, now I can't wait to catch up on it!

Hope you have a great time! The Poly is such a beautiful & relaxing resort :cloud9:.

gorgeous.....we have visited the Poly many, many times but never stayed there. I cannot WAIT to enjoy this resort to it's fullest! The kids may have trouble dragging me to the parks!!

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! :goodvibes

Had a nice view of water and GF last time.

That's a nice view :).

We have stayed at Disney GF and GF CL main building and CR CL tower. Not looking into CL this time and considering the Poly 8/5-12. Should I try it or go back to CR or GF? Also, should I do a a regular room or one of the Villa rooms? I really don't know anything about the Poly. I will be going with my 16 year old twin girls.

I'd try the Poly. We haven't stayed in any of the villas at any resort so I can't comment on those, but the Poly is an amazing resort and is worth a try, IMO ;).

Just booked our trip! June 20-25!!! Our first time staying at the Poly!!!!! For my 40th birthday!!! woohoo

Congrats on booking the Poly! Hope you have a great birthday trip :wizard:.

Can't wait to stay here!

It's a great resort, you'll love it ::yes::.

We are staying at the Poly mid-June. We haven't stayed there since 2009. If you are going to MK and you want to get there about 45 minutes before RD, do you take the resort monorail, walk to TTC and take monorail, or walk to TTC and take the ferry? Also, would there be an advantage now to taking resort monorail to Contemporary and walking to MK and going through the CR bag check? TIA!!!

Also, would there be an advantage now to taking resort monorail to Contemporary and walking to MK and going through the CR bag check? TIA!!!
There would be zero advantage to that, you would spend more time riding the monorail to CR and walking back than you would waiting in line. That is assuming that the walkway bag check is open (it wasn't during our trip in January, we were directed to the main one) and that there was no line there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter