Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
no more pasta? wow. What did they put in it's place? Guess we will have to go on over to POR also.
It's also good to see that I am not the only person who is crazy excited about our upcoming trip!
:banana:

Wondering if there are any LDS families visiting Nov 2? We're working on how to get to church on Sunday (did not rent a car for our trip). Anyone want to chime in on how to get to Orlando and back just for church?

Anyone recently stayed at building 9A or 8B? 9A seems closer to main building and food, while 8B seems closer to the bus stop. Would love to hear from people who recently stayed at either of these.

Anyone recently stayed at building 9A or 8B? 9A seems closer to main building and food, while 8B seems closer to the bus stop. Would love to hear from people who recently stayed at either of these.

We stayed in Business Class 9B for 12 nights last Dec, but we were right at the far end so basically similar to being in 9A. It was VERY convienent for the food court and main pool. In 9A you also have the quiet pool and laundry right outside your door. We used stop 1 at the main building, it was literally a 2 min walk. We never had any problems with the buses, but some people are paranoid the buses will be full at the last stop.

8B would basically put you 1-2 mins closer to stop 4 and 1-2 mins farther from the food court. Both buildings are great if you can get your request honored.

2013 stayed in 8b
2014 stayed in 9a
I would take 9a as my favorite of the 2. We were 1st floor about 8 steps total from the pool. Plus the pool area almost felt like an extension of our room we were so close... Both sections were super quit, which to us is nice after some long days in the park...like the pp said the time you save going to the bus stop you lose going to the pepper market and vise versa depending which building you stay in.... Can't go wrong either way....

newbies04901 said:
Wondering if there are any LDS families visiting Nov 2? We're working on how to get to church on Sunday (did not rent a car for our trip). Anyone want to chime in on how to get to Orlando and back just for church?

I heard somewhere that they have non denomination services in the CR. I saw info somewhere maybe do a search on Disney's website?

I heard somewhere that they have non denomination services in the CR. I saw info somewhere maybe do a search on Disney's website?

The only church service on Disney property is on Easter Sunday.
The closest church seems to be in Windermere. Mears fare estimator shows roughly $25 each way.

We were in the middle of 8B, second floor, this summer. It was 215 steps to the quiet pool, according to DH's pedometer. It was also very close to the main pool and bus stop 4. Bus stop 1 is a nice option, too. You head directly to the parks from there. The walk to El Centro was no big deal. It was picturesque which made it seem short.

We are on our "vacation from our vacation" and checked out of CSR on Saturday. I just want to give our impression.

Check in was easy. The lobby was pretty, but really nothing special. We got to our room, yay! Corner room in Casitas 3! It did have a great view. My husband had hurt his back on our drive down, so I went down to try and get a luggage cart or someone to help me with luggage at the casitas entry.

I asked three employees how to get a luggage cart or help and no one knew what to do. Finally, I used a hall phone. After waiting for 10 minutes on hold, I was told it would be 50 minutes before I could get help. 50 minutes? We had places to be. I was ticked, I'll be honest. Even motel 6 has a luggage rack. An actual baggage employee passed me on the way to my car. He asked if I was okay, and I said I need some help with my bags. He said, "we're very busy today" and walked away.

At this point I was livid. We were in a hurry. It was about to storm, big time. So I loaded up as much as I could. I was literally carrying 5 bags while dragging another large suitcase. I got to the elevator- and was cut off by a housekeeping employee. I had to wait for the next one. I get out of the elevator on the top floor- the SAME EMPLOYEE who told me he was busy knocked into my bags trying to get past me into the elevator. BTW, I did map my walk. .15 miles to my room from where we parked. On my second load, I pulled my shoulder. It is still sore, a week after the fact.

The room was okay. I'll admit, I was excited upon walking in, but that quickly ended. First, Not enough plugs for our things. There was a multi outlet behind the nightstand, but it was loose and our plugs just fell out (or pulled it out of the wall). The room seemed really dated and worn. Just, unimpressive. We had all the plugs on the desk used, so I charged my phone by keeping it on my shoe plugged in next to the door.

Housekeeping was good, the employees in the gift shop were nice, but I will never stay here again. We stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Orlando the night before (oh, after calling Disney and asking if we could book and extra night, only to be told that we would "probably have to move rooms". Not for that price, bucko. The Staybridge was clean, a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen and free breakfast and park transportation, and $107 total (with AAA discount). We loved the parks, we had a great time elsewhere, but I won't ever go back to CSR. We didn't bother calling someone to check out, my husband knew I might clock them.

Before you ask, I have stayed at CBR/moderate before, but it was years ago. The service at this hotel wasn't even at a moderate level, it was at an hourly rate hotel level.

36 amazing nights at CSR under our belts and can't wait for our 16 night CSR stay in December. Bell services has always been great getting our luggage to the room. Service and resort are fantastic!! By far the best bang for the buck at WDW!!

We are on our "vacation from our vacation" and checked out of CSR on Saturday. I just want to give our impression.

The room was okay. I'll admit, I was excited upon walking in, but that quickly ended. First, Not enough plugs for our things. There was a multi outlet behind the nightstand, but it was loose and our plugs just fell out (or pulled it out of the wall). The room seemed really dated and worn. Just, unimpressive. We had all the plugs on the desk used, so I charged my phone by keeping it on my shoe plugged in next to the door.

We always travel with a power strip and extension cord for the electronics. The rooms do have several outlets. But with 4 phones, laptops and hand electronics you always need an extension cord.

Sorry you had a miserable stay at CSR. We've had 2 wonderful trips and looking forward to the next one in April.

Salamander3, why didn't you just pull up in front of the resort and have bell services take your luggage right there? It sounds like you made it a lot harder on yourself trying to do it from the parking lot.

Salamander3, why didn't you just pull up in front of the resort and have bell services take your luggage right there? It sounds like you made it a lot harder on yourself trying to do it from the parking lot.

We were never given that option. From front desk or calling bell services.

We used the 4 plugs on the desk, thanks. Like I said, there was an outlet next to the nightstand, but the plugs would just fall out of it.

I'm glad so many people like it, but we are one and done there.

Sorry you didn't enjoy CSR. I have never been to any hotel where we checked in, parked, and expected help to get our bags from the parking lot. We have always pulled up to the main entrance, and unloaded while one of us checked in. I haven't had enough baggage at CSR to use bell services, so I can't comment on their speed. I think the way they are set up, so spread out, is not conducive to carts sitting around for guests to use themselves. They would be left scattered all over.

Sorry you didn't enjoy CSR. I have never been to any hotel where we checked in, parked, and expected help to get our bags from the parking lot. We have always pulled up to the main entrance, and unloaded while one of us checked in. I haven't had enough baggage at CSR to use bell services, so I can't comment on their speed. I think the way they are set up, so spread out, is not conducive to carts sitting around for guests to use themselves. They would be left scattered all over.

I agree. We never expect help from the parking lot. You're supposed to pull up to the front entrance of any hotel really, not just Disney and bell hops are always right there to get your bags out of the car and get you to registration.

We were never given that option. From front desk or calling bell services.

We used the 4 plugs on the desk, thanks. Like I said, there was an outlet next to the nightstand, but the plugs would just fall out of it.

I'm glad so many people like it, but we are one and done there.

We just checked out after 11 days and it was just ok for us. We loved it the first couple of days. But I think it was because it was all conventioners and they kept to themselves. Once they checked out and regular Disney guests filled the resort, it was just crowded everywhere. Our main complaint like I said before was the lack of selection in the food court and having no option of buying bottled drinks like in other resorts. Yes, they have them in cafe rix, but there is no food we wanted there and they wont let you get a drink from there and food from pepper market. It was beautiful there, but we wont go back. We are afternoon break people so with 10 nights, we were driving to other resorts to eat because we couldn't find anything to eat. All of the websites need to update the menus because before we went they listed a create your own pasta, meat carving, ect, which are no longer offered. I will say buses were way better than POR, which was a huge plus for us.

I agree. We never expect help from the parking lot. You're supposed to pull up to the front entrance of any hotel really, not just Disney and bell hops are always right there to get your bags out of the car and get you to registration.

As we pulled into the lot, we saw someone else getting help from their car with a cart. Was it really unreasonable of me to expect the same when I returned 10 minutes later? Or was expecting a luggage cart at a hotel too much?

As we pulled into the lot, we saw someone else getting help from their car with a cart. Was it really unreasonable of me to expect the same when I returned 10 minutes later? Or was expecting a luggage cart at a hotel too much?
I'm sure if they had a luggage cart available they would have given it to you but any hotel only has a limited number and if they are all in use because it's a busy day then you will have to wait. This is why it's best to drive up to the front and unload your luggage because either way the bell hops will help you at the front. Then you can drive your car to the parking lot after you are done.

We will be staying at CSR for the first time in less than 2 weeks. We have stayed at AKL for our last 4 trips, all of our trips ever. DH is starting to freak out about a different resort. Help me reassure him that CSR will be great and a new experience is a positive thing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter