• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Siestas starts 11am to 9 pm hours starting March 12 and goes on through May.
Nothing for Toledo yet and same morning only hours for Barcelona. :(

I'm now a bit happier we had to postpone our April/May trip as it looks like the same type of situation. Maybe more will be in open in October.

Hmm, ok, so after further thought I’m a little suspicious of the timing here. G-League last game 3/11, Siestas goes back to normal hours 3/12. I know some of the bartenders were doing NBA hospitality over the summer before CSR reopened, I wonder if they pulled the servers/CMs over for evening hospitality for any G-League stuff???

That is TOTAL speculation BTW, just seems an interesting coincidence in dates.

Hmm, ok, so after further thought I’m a little suspicious of the timing here. G-League last game 3/11, Siestas goes back to normal hours 3/12. I know some of the bartenders were doing NBA hospitality over the summer before CSR reopened, I wonder if they pulled the servers/CMs over for evening hospitality for any G-League stuff???

That is TOTAL speculation BTW, just seems an interesting coincidence in dates.

I think you're onto something! 🧐

Also just a reminder that the G-League season ends 3/6 with top 8 teams in the playoffs 3/8-3/11.

What seemingly turned out to be a total non-issue at CSR will soon be gone.

Would love to hear reports from guests going soon in terms of what section you get placed in, how things feel around the resort, etc.

:thanks:

Got here Monday and leave this Monday. The parks are crowded. Mk on tues and HS on wed were very crowded. Last night at world showcase was crowded. 50 minute wait at frozen at 7:00. Park closed at 8. At AK now and it’s busy but not crowded. Got here at 7:30 am

have not seen anything of G league. A total non issue. Pools are a welcome site after wearing masks in the parks. Dig site pool has not hit any capacity limits the times we were there.

There is NO Airline check in for bags which was a disappointment. I don’t understand this but they said it’s due to COVID. There didn’t seem to be a capacity limit at world of Disney so I don’t see how checking ur bags pose a higher risk. Overall having a great time

MJ

We have driven to each park and Disney Springs avoiding the buses

Oh and you do not have to wear your masks between sips and bites In Restaurants. Once seated masks come off. In the parks they are strict on the walking and eating/drinking. We were stopped twice because one time our 3 year old grandson had pulled down his mask and was eating popcorn in his stroller that we didn’t realize he opened and another when he was drinking water from a bottle. They were nice about it but they are enforcing that rule.
I am surprised that almost all little kids were keeping their masks on. People were keeping their distance on the lines

today the dig site pool hit capacity and they would not let people in till others left. This was about 3:30 when we tried to get in. At 4 ish the leisure pool at cabanas hit capacity. Busier because of the weekend I guess

laundry rooms by 8C were open. $3 a wash for about 34 minutes and $3 for 60 minutes in a dryer. Credit or debit only

MJ

We were there last Saturday to Wednesday. The main pool closed on Sunday for capacity, but we walked around to the side by the bar and they had a table for us. Try that entry even if you see the closed sign on the other doors. We had 2 buses go by the Cabana bus stop 4 with no room around 5pm, since it’s the last stop. About 10 others were also waiting. I used the phone at the stop and called the front desk to complain. Within 5 minutes an empty bus was at our stop. We all got on and then went on to pick up people at the towers and then to the park. Use that phone to let them know if you are waiting a long time. The bus driver apologized for the wait when we got off , so I assume that call helped. I think the next bus bypassed the other stops and went directly to us.

The prepared food at El Mercado did not look good at all for breakfast. We did Rix for breakfast, and it was good. I did not want a lot of food, so I ordered off the children’s which was fine. They had no issues with an adult ordering from the under 9 menus. We also did the chicken wing apps for lunch one day. They give you 12 for 16.00 and we asked for extra dipping sauce. You can also get a side of fries. Lots of tables outside and you can bring your own beverage.

I just read Mickey Waffles and Nachos have returned to El Mercado!!!

Yep, on the menu! More items now I think - lunch/dinner:

Hot Grab & Go

Nachos
Corn Tortilla Chips with Ground Beef, Cheese Sauce, Sour Cream and Pico de Gallo

$13.00

Bacon Cheeseburger
Half-Pound Burger, crisp Bacon and Cheddar Cheese. Served with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Fries and Pickle Spear

$15.00

Crispy Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich
Crispy Chicken Breast tossed in Hot Sauce, Pepper Jack Cheese, cool Herb Aioli. Served with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Fries and Pickle Spear

$14.50

Philly Cheese Steak
Tender sliced Rib-eye with Onions and melted Cheese on a Hoagie Roll. Served with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Fries and Pickle Spear

$16.00

Chicken Tenders
Breaded Chicken Tenders with seasoned Fries and dipping sauce

$13.00

Beyond Burger
Beyond Patty (Peas, Potatoes and Beets), Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Goat Cheese, Baby Arugula and Peppered Aioli. Served with Kettuce, Tomato, Onion, Fries and Pickle Spear

$16.00

Cheese Pizza
freshly prepared pizza with Marinara sauce and Mozzarella

$10.00

Pepperoni Pizza
freshly prepared pizza with Marinara sauce, Mozzarella and Italian Pepperoni

Breakfast:

Hot Grab and Go

Egg & Cheese Sandwich
served with breakfast Hash Browns

$9.00

Sausage, Egg & Cheese Sandwich

$9.50

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwich

$9.50

Grande Fiesta Breakfast Bowl
Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Green Onions. Served with Sausage and Home Fries

$11.50

Butter Milk Pancakes
Three Buttermilk Pancakes with Sausage

$10.75

Mickey Waffles
Four Belgium style Mickey Waffles with Fruit Compote and Sausage

$10.75

Last edited:

Hot Grab & Go

Nachos
Corn Tortilla Chips with Ground Beef, Cheese Sauce, Sour Cream and Pico de Gallo

$13.00

Bacon Cheeseburger
Half-Pound Burger, crisp Bacon and Cheddar Cheese. Served with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Fries and Pickle Spear

$15.00

Crispy Chicken Breast tossed in Hot Sauce, Pepper Jack Cheese, cool Herb Aioli. Served with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Fries and Pickle Spear

$14.50

Philly Cheese Steak
Tender sliced Rib-eye with Onions and melted Cheese on a Hoagie Roll. Served with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Fries and Pickle Spear

$16.00

Chicken Tenders

$13.00

Beyond Burger
Beyond Patty (Peas, Potatoes and Beets), Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Goat Cheese, Baby Arugula and Peppered Aioli. Served with Kettuce, Tomato, Onion, Fries and Pickle Spear

$16.00

Cheese Pizza

$10.00

Pepperoni Pizza

Breakfast:

Hot Grab and Go

Egg & Cheese Sandwich

$9.00

$9.50

$9.50

$11.50

Butter Milk Pancakes

$10.75

Mickey Waffles

$10.75
I'm going for a quick trip in May, booked at Cbr but think I'm going to switch to Gran Destino again lol

Hot Grab & Go

Nachos

$13.00

Bacon Cheeseburger

$15.00

$14.50

Philly Cheese Steak

$16.00

Chicken Tenders

$13.00

Beyond Burger

$16.00

Cheese Pizza

$10.00

Pepperoni Pizza

Breakfast:

Hot Grab and Go

Egg & Cheese Sandwich

$9.00

$9.50

$9.50

$11.50

Butter Milk Pancakes

$10.75

Mickey Waffles

$10.75

Hoping these items aren’t just prepared and left under the lights but are prepared when ordered.

Haven't followed this thread in a while, and I tried scrolling back through.. When we went there in November, only rooms in GDT and Casitas was open, the other sections were not. Have any of the other sections re-opened yet?

Haven't followed this thread in a while, and I tried scrolling back through.. When we went there in November, only rooms in GDT and Casitas was open, the other sections were not. Have any of the other sections re-opened yet?

When the NBA G-league came in late Jan, they used (are currently using) Casitas for accommodations, so they have been putting non-Tower guests in both Ranchos and Cabanas.

The G-league last game is 3/11.... TBD if they start putting everyone back in Casitas and keep Ranchos/Cabanas unoccupied, or if we’re at a point with resort demand that it’s high enough to put guests in all sections. My total guess is that all sections will remain open/available for guest rooms, but we’ll know soon enough I guess.

Hope that helps!

Does anyone know if there will Cheer Competitions at CSR the week of 4/18-4/24?
If so this might impact which buildings are open.

What's the Food Allergy menu situation at Coronado Springs? Might be staying there in May, I'm allergic to one of the top 8 allergens, shellfish. ::MinnieMo
Also, as a POFQ lover, how much of a shock will it be for me to stay at CSR? I was there once for my college graduation, but haven't stayed there. :jester:

What's the Food Allergy menu situation at Coronado Springs? Might be staying there in May, I'm allergic to one of the top 8 allergens, shellfish. ::MinnieMo
Also, as a POFQ lover, how much of a shock will it be for me to stay at CSR? I was there once for my college graduation, but haven't stayed there. :jester:
I can’t speak to the food allergy situation, although I’m pretty sure all Disney resorts are great about accommodating. However, I can give my two cents on POFQ vs CSR. POFQ is one of my favorite resorts. I love the small feel, the food selections, the theming, and the rooms. We’ve stayed there 3-4 times. I had no desire to ever stay at CSR because I had heard some negative reviews about how big it is and how cold and bland the theming was. We wound up staying there because I got a great last minute deal. Since then, we have been back 2 more times. The rooms are beautiful and the food selection is great. Pool is huge and so is the hot tub, plus there are quiet pools throughout.
Overall, I still prefer the small size and theming at POFQ to CSR. I would probably even pay a couple bucks more a night to stay at POFQ; however, if I can get CAR for the right price, I’ll be back again without hesitation. It’s definitely a great resort!

Because there were people in line behind me, and this was at Saratoga Springs in September and Boulder Ridge in December when I said there was just me, they would look at me, and then the line of people and check out the seats available on the bus and would tell me where to sit. I think the smallest seating set up was 3 people, and I guess sometimes I felt as though they would have liked to have seat more people.
Fwiw when I stayed solo last month the bus drivers never made me feel awkward. Sometimes they’d seat groups behind me first to load the bus with limited passing by other passengers aboard but not once did I feel like an annoyance because I was taking a whole section for 1 :)

Hot Grab & Go

Nachos

$13.00

Bacon Cheeseburger

$15.00

$14.50

Philly Cheese Steak

$16.00

Chicken Tenders

$13.00

Beyond Burger

$16.00

Cheese Pizza

$10.00

Pepperoni Pizza

Breakfast:

Hot Grab and Go

Egg & Cheese Sandwich

$9.00

$9.50

$9.50

$11.50

Butter Milk Pancakes

$10.75

Mickey Waffles

$10.75
Fries are an upgrade from the bag of Lays they had in Feb!!

They are taking this one step at a time re-opening of the food excruciatingly slow.

Hello all! Planning to stay at CSR the second week of May (9th-15th), non-tower. Are there any conferences planned at that time, or any other events that may impact my stay?

This will be my first solo trip, I was debating between CSR and Pop, but I love the scenery at CSR so don't mind paying the slight price difference!
Pop would be hosting too so you’re running into events no matter what. At least you’ll have the pretty scenery of CSR now!

LINK to April/May cheer/dance events for those curious. CSR is hosting some. If this is of concern follow the events, apparently they are shifting hotels by the comment in the linked post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter