Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Really impressed with everything about the new setup. Hopefully, the price doesn't jump much. It looks so nice!

The refurbished rooms look wonderful. I'm not familiar with CSR. I'm thinking about booking a stay in Aug, the only rooms available are water view. If I book a water view room, do I have a chance of getting a refurbished room?

Can anyone tell me how CSR is for someone who will need to telecommute? He'll need good internet and will be using three separate devices.

Thanks!

I was at CSR Nov 2016 and had to work for 2 of the days. The in-room internet was sufficient for vpn access, file transfer, VOIP phone calls, and general business activities. My job requires a lot of large file transfers and I never had an issue. I was simultaneously using my laptop, iPad, and iPhone and never had an issue. I also worked out by the pool and the internet there was perfectly acceptable as well.

I was at CSR Nov 2016 and had to work for 2 of the days. The in-room internet was sufficient for vpn access, file transfer, VOIP phone calls, and general business activities. My job requires a lot of large file transfers and I never had an issue. I was simultaneously using my laptop, iPad, and iPhone and never had an issue. I also worked out by the pool and the internet there was perfectly acceptable as well.

Nice to hear!

Just got back from a 5 night stay. We were in Casitas 5. These are not refurbed yet. However, they are located far away from the construction.

The beds were awful in our room (springs starting to poke thru kind of awful). The resort was nice though and the construction didn't disrupt us at all. I just don't think we will stay there again until all of the rooms are refurbed and have newer beds.

This was our first stay here. Does anyone know if they have always offered this line of toiletries in the rooms? Or is this a relatively new change?

The refurbished rooms look wonderful. I'm not familiar with CSR. I'm thinking about booking a stay in Aug, the only rooms available are water view. If I book a water view room, do I have a chance of getting a refurbished room?
I'm not sure what anyone else's experiences have been, but I would recommend with any category you book, that you DON'T do the on-line check-in and check in at the front desk as early as possible and request a refurbed room.
We did on-line check-in and I had called the reservations number to have them add that we wanted a refurbed room and that was our highest priority. We didn't get a refurbed room. I had to go to the front desk later on check-in day to fix a payment issue and I made a comment to the CM that we were hoping for a refurbed room. She said there were people that day that had requested them when they checked in that morning so they were all gone. So, based on my experience, it seems like those that check-in in person and request a refurbed room will get them over people that do on-line check-in and have requested a refurbed room. I'm not sure if that is how it always works, but that's what happened with us.

Have a great trip!

I'm not sure what anyone else's experiences have been, but I would recommend with any category you book, that you DON'T do the on-line check-in and check in at the front desk as early as possible and request a refurbed room.
We did on-line check-in and I had called the reservations number to have them add that we wanted a refurbed room and that was our highest priority. We didn't get a refurbed room. I had to go to the front desk later on check-in day to fix a payment issue and I made a comment to the CM that we were hoping for a refurbed room. She said there were people that day that had requested them when they checked in that morning so they were all gone. So, based on my experience, it seems like those that check-in in person and request a refurbed room will get them over people that do on-line check-in and have requested a refurbed room. I'm not sure if that is how it always works, but that's what happened with us.

Have a great trip!

We stayed at CSR last week and waited to request 7A upon check in. We stayed at Sports the night before so we were able to check into CSR by 7:30.
I just had a feeling it would workout better if we checked in
In person.

I would love to stay here on our trip next year and the Casitas interest me until I took a look at the prices. :scared:

Thanks Shellyred8, hopefully SouthWest early morning flights come down, so I can check in early.

Thanks ChasingLeslie, I was able to grab an APH rate for a standard view room, maybe I'll get lucky and get a refurbished room.

Thanks so much for the detailed reply! I'll pass your info on to DD's fiancé:-)

I have a water view booked (standard was full for my dates). Doubtful 8A will be done by my check in (end of June) & I understand 7A has no water views.
If at check in I asked for a preferred room, any chance they'd put me in one (being a standard) even though I paid extra for water view? I'd rather have a refurbished room than a water view for sure!

Have a great trip!

We actually had a different experience. We requested Casitas 4 and got our room assignment... a refurbished room in Ranchos 7A. We are happy with the remodeled room though. Only requested Casitas 4 because it was the first bus stop and closer to the food and lobby. I think room requests are as always, hit or miss.

We actually had a different experience. We requested Casitas 4 and got our room assignment... a refurbished room in Ranchos 7A. We are happy with the remodeled room though. Only requested Casitas 4 because it was the first bus stop and closer to the food and lobby. I think room requests are as always, hit or miss.

I'm wondering did you check in early?

Is the the new "fridge" in 7A actually a fridge or just a beverage cooler? Is it keeping food cold enough for like milk/yogurt or just good enough for water?

Is the the new "fridge" in 7A actually a fridge or just a beverage cooler? Is it keeping food cold enough for like milk/yogurt or just good enough for water?

I think it's more of a beverage cooler but we kept yogurt in ours and it was fine. It's not ver big though

So does this mean 8A is out of commission while they do the refurb or do they only take some rooms out of service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter