Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any updates with where they are as far as room rehabs...going down in a few weeks with our son and his family.
They have not finished the first refurbed building yet. They are behind schedule. 7A is currently closed.

How does the bus service at Coronado compare to the All-Stars? I'm debating a last minute jaunt and the prices are pretty similar.

(I'll be alone and mostly in parks, so construction isn't a big issue.)

How does the bus service at Coronado compare to the All-Stars? I'm debating a last minute jaunt and the prices are pretty similar.

Like anywhere else, it varies. We've had good and bad bus service at CSR and at All Stars. While the buses weren't packed over Spring Break last week /almost two weeks ago now, the service was really slow. Last summer it was just fine though.

Just in my opinion the bus service is way better at CSR than All-stars. Unless we just lucked out, all 3 times that we've stayed at CSR, we've had no issues of waiting long from the resort or from a park. The only time it was busy was a Saturday rope-drop morning to MK at El Centro area bus stop. In this case you can just walk to a different bus stop that picks up prior to the El Centro stop. All 4 bus stops have a shaded covered waiting area and no que lines. The bus service/situation here is one of the reasons we keep coming back to CSR instead of values.

Hope someone can answer for me. Looking at a mature gals trip in either May 2018 or November 2018. Looking at a Junior Suite at CSR. Is Free Dining offered when booking a suite?? I've stayed at All Star Music in a suite before and pullout beds were VERY uncomfortable. If beds are same may look at booking two rooms. We need extra bathroom!! LOL
Thanks!!

Heading down to CSR next week. Can someone recommend which area would be best for the following: Quiet room(away from construction or other noise), close to bus stop, 5 minute or so walk to El Centro area.

Going down for the Summit cheer competitions so the resort is filled to capacity. I believe the Summit busses only pick up from the main lobby area. That is El Centro correct?

We don't mind walking a little bit to the pool but would love a semi-central location that is quiet. Can you CSR experts help me! We have never stayed at this resort so all new to me.

Thank you so much for your help!

We had to book a RO the night before our FD package starts. The RO is standard view and FD is water view because standard wasn't available. What are the odds I won't have to switch rooms? Is there a section to request that fills both standard and water view requirements? Would love to stay in the same room if possible so any advice is appreciated :)

Heading down to CSR next week. Can someone recommend which area would be best for the following: Quiet room(away from construction or other noise), close to bus stop, 5 minute or so walk to El Centro area.

Going down for the Summit cheer competitions so the resort is filled to capacity. I believe the Summit busses only pick up from the main lobby area. That is El Centro correct?

We don't mind walking a little bit to the pool but would love a semi-central location that is quiet. Can you CSR experts help me! We have never stayed at this resort so all new to me.

Thank you so much for your help!

Casitas 1,2, and 3 are close to El Centro, but are preferred category rooms. Casitas 4 would be next closest, and on other side of the lake from construction, so pretty quiet. It is also has a quiet pool and is close to a bus stop, if you are taking Disney buses at any times that you are on your own. We like Cabanas, and usually stay in 8A or 8B, which also is a short walk to El Centro and main pool and close to a bus stop, but will be a little closer to construction, and 8A is rumored to be closed soon for room refurbs. Normally would recommend Cabanas 9A as closest to front for standard rooms, but it now the building closest to construction. Since construction is during the day, if you will be out at competitions or parks, it shouldn't be an issue, but I would pick Casitas 4 or Cabanas 8B as your requests. The one area you do not want is Ranchos as furthest from front, but if resort is full, you could get assigned there - if so, 7B is the best as it has a quiet pool and is close to a bus stop, which you could take to the front, as that is usually the last stop, but you'd have to check with the driver about stopping there, beacuse if the bus gets full, they could skip that stop and head to parks. Take a look at the map on page 1 of the thread if you haven't yet for reference - 9B is the building that was demolished for construction of the new tower, so you can see where that is going on now. Sorry if that is too much information - didnt mean to make it more confusing!

We were at the resort and checked in by 8am. Our room was not ready till almost 5:30. I seriously wanted to cry. We ended up with extra fast passes, but since we had zero sleep the night before we were miserable. I'll never fly im this early again.

you should have left your bags at bell services and hit the parks! Did you stay at the hotel waiting for your room to be ready?

Hope someone can answer for me. Looking at a mature gals trip in either May 2018 or November 2018. Looking at a Junior Suite at CSR. Is Free Dining offered when booking a suite?? I've stayed at All Star Music in a suite before and pullout beds were VERY uncomfortable. If beds are same may look at booking two rooms. We need extra bathroom!! LOL
Thanks!!

I just got free dining with booking a Jr. Suite for our trip over Thanksgiving week! This was Monday morning about 4:45am; not sure if they are still available! Good luck!

Going down for the Summit cheer competitions so the resort is filled to capacity.!

Would you share dates for the Summit? We check in on the 9th and I'm wondering how much our trip will overlap and how long we should be expecting a full-to-capacity resort. We always travel this time of year and in general we like watching the cheerleaders practice. It's the "full" part that's got me a little worried.

Cassie- Thanks so much for this information! We are booked in water view rooms from Dec. 21-29 with free dining. We have stayed in the Cabanas and love the tropical feel. Do you recommend requesting Cabanas 8A or 8B? Do you have any idea if both of those buildings will be open by December?

Cassie- Thanks so much for this information! We are booked in water view rooms from Dec. 21-29 with free dining. We have stayed in the Cabanas and love the tropical feel. Do you recommend requesting Cabanas 8A or 8B? Do you have any idea if both of those buildings will be open by December?

Right now they are making their way through individual buildings one at a time for room refurbs. They are currently finishing Ranchos 7A, and rumored to be doing 8A next. If that's the case, since they seem to be taking a few months to do each one, 8A should definitely be done, and then it depends which they go to next. We prefer 8B a little over 8A because it is a little closer closer to the front(unless they close that pathway at some pt. for construction!) and seems closer to the bus stop, though it probably depends which end of each building you end up in! It is also a little further from main pool, so less possible noise, and close to 9A which has the quiet pool and laundry. You could request both for now, and then keep an eye on this thread for updates on construction and room refurbs, and can pick the best one as it gets closer! We usually request both as we will be fine with either. I am jealous - love it there during the holidays!

We had to book a RO the night before our FD package starts. The RO is standard view and FD is water view because standard wasn't available. What are the odds I won't have to switch rooms? Is there a section to request that fills both standard and water view requirements? Would love to stay in the same room if possible so any advice is appreciated :)

Cabanas 9A if it isn't under renovation. We had the same situation last november. Stayed in the room. Right next to the pool. I would say Casitas 4 would fulfill those requirements as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter