Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

There was some talk recently about no desk in the renovated room. The angled part of the couch and the very heavy table make for a really nice desk, now that I’ve had a chance to try it. I was worried about it too, but this would work reasonably well for me.
Did the bathroom enlarge or has something else taken up the wall space that the desk did?

Did the bathroom enlarge or has something else taken up the wall space that the desk did?
Appears to me that the bathroom was enlarged. The smaller room with the toilet had lots more space. In the early days of the resort, there was also a shower stall in the same area as the toilet in addition to having a tub.

Are they holding back rooms or is everything literally booked up for early November? I see every other resort for some days except CR.

CR still a lot of construction going on…lowest two floors were still covered. Workers encountered throughout the day in hallways. Light traffic in lounge. Don’t think they are ready for a full house yet.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a short stay early November. Guessing they will open open the rest of the rooms when they are sure they're finished.

Hi! We have a first trip planned for April (rescheduled from April 2020), two boys, just turned 9 and 6.5. We’re booked at the Poly but my heart keeps saying Contemporary main tower (with theme park view), because I just remember being so awed by the main tower with monorail as a kid. I guess I’m wondering whether I should stick to Poly or switch to Contemporary! Probably a 5 night trip. Thanks!!

Hi! We have a first trip planned for April (rescheduled from April 2020), two boys, just turned 9 and 6.5. We’re booked at the Poly but my heart keeps saying Contemporary main tower (with theme park view), because I just remember being so awed by the main tower with monorail as a kid. I guess I’m wondering whether I should stick to Poly or switch to Contemporary! Probably a 5 night trip. Thanks!!
Tough choice. I love the atmosphere at the Poly. My blood pressure drops just being there 😂. I also prefer Captain Cooks over Contempo Cafe. But CR is also a really cool place. It is so Classic Disney and the monorail goes through the building. You can’t beat the walk over to MK. If it the theme park view you want, I think CR is your best bet. We are DVC so we pick CR(BLT) for a 1 or 2 Br room or Poly for a studio.

Poly and CR are probably my two favorite resorts. What’s your family’s preference in terms of the pool? IMO, Poly has a better pool setup for kids and adults. When we’re not doing much pool time I like CR, otherwise Poly gets the nod. CR’s pools are OK, it just doesn’t stack up to Poly, IMHO. Both resorts have nice size rooms for a family. I was impressed with how comfy/livable the CR room renovations are.

I could probably come up with equal pros and cons for both, always so tough to decide.

Poly and CR are probably my two favorite resorts. What’s your family’s preference in terms of the pool? IMO, Poly has a better pool setup for kids and adults. When we’re not doing much pool time I like CR, otherwise Poly gets the nod. CR’s pools are OK, it just doesn’t stack up to Poly, IMHO. Both resorts have nice size rooms for a family. I was impressed with how comfy/livable the CR room renovations are.

I could probably come up with equal pros and cons for both, always so tough to decide.
Good point on the pools.

Thanks! Yes so hard to decide (but first world problem, I know!!) I’ve never been to the Poly or frankly heard of it until I started planning, so maybe that’s why I’m so unsure. We’re probably doing one mainly pool day, assuming weather cooperates—we’re fortunate to be doing a 3 night disney cruise right beforehand (arranged by my in-laws as a 70th bday celebration) so even though I’ve never been on a cruise before, let alone a Disney one, on the day of disembarkation we’re going to head to the hotel and spend most of the day at the resort rather than rushing to the parks. So it sounds like I should stick with Poly, even though 6yo me is wistful about the contemporary hotel she was so impressed with back then, haha (which we never had the money to stay at of course!)

Thanks! Yes so hard to decide (but first world problem, I know!!) I’ve never been to the Poly or frankly heard of it until I started planning, so maybe that’s why I’m so unsure. We’re probably doing one mainly pool day, assuming weather cooperates—we’re fortunate to be doing a 3 night disney cruise right beforehand (arranged by my in-laws as a 70th bday celebration) so even though I’ve never been on a cruise before, let alone a Disney one, on the day of disembarkation we’re going to head to the hotel and spend most of the day at the resort rather than rushing to the parks. So it sounds like I should stick with Poly, even though 6yo me is wistful about the contemporary hotel she was so impressed with back then, haha (which we never had the money to stay at of course!)
I get it. Poly was always on my bucket list. We first stayed there in 2019 when they had free dining. I figured I would upgrade on the room since food was covered. We absolutely loved it. My boys are adults so we stayed in DVC studio. It worked out pretty well for the four of us. In 2020 we bought a resale BLT contract. It came with some unexpected points so we did a resort only split stay at the Poly and BLT last year. Loved them both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter