Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Staying at BLT now, and I agree with any complaints about the aging rusty pool slide, but the real embarrassment for this resort is the (lack of) modern technology. I’ve seen some bad/unreliable wifi all over WDW, but literally half this resort has basically no connectivity at all, including most of the pool area and half our actual room. And it’s been a long time since I’ve rented a room (including motels) with such an old small TV: we’re talking 28-30 inches without a single USB port for a Roku power source. These things matter when you come back to your very expensive room after a long day spending money in the parks etc.

Staying at BLT now, and I agree with any complaints about the aging rusty pool slide, but the real embarrassment for this resort is the (lack of) modern technology. I’ve seen some bad/unreliable wifi all over WDW, but literally half this resort has basically no connectivity at all, including most of the pool area and half our actual room. And it’s been a long time since I’ve rented a room (including motels) with such an old small TV: we’re talking 28-30 inches without a single USB port for a Roku power source. These things matter when you come back to your very expensive room after a long day spending money in the parks etc.
BLT is due for a full refurb in a couple of years. Most of these issues should addressed at that point. BLT was opened in 2009 and technology has changed a lot since then 😂.

BLT is due for a full refurb in a couple of years. Most of these issues should addressed at that point. BLT was opened in 2009 and technology has changed a lot since then 😂.
Fair enough, that will help in the dated rooms, but it shouldn’t take a full refurb to beef up the wifi in and around the tower. Especially since Disney expects us to use our phones for *everything* these days. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve done BLT three times and love a lot about it, but it badly needs some TLC.

Fair enough, that will help in the dated rooms, but it shouldn’t take a full refurb to beef up the wifi in and around the tower. Especially since Disney expects us to use our phones for *everything* these days. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve done BLT three times and love a lot about it, but it badly needs some TLC.
I agree. The WiFi should be handled ASAP. We stayed there last year and the WiFi was okay, nothing spectacular. I only needed it for the IPad.

I will follow up by saying that I mentioned most of these things in an emailed resort survey yesterday, and a BLT manager called back today to address my several complaints in detail, including to note that they are currently working on a wifi upgrade. One other small item I noted was that the shower curtain hangers were all rusty, and when we came back to the room they had all been replaced with new ones. As always, I really appreciate the Disney CMs!

It's a DVC resort and all renovations are paid for by DVC members. So they might not happen as frequently or on the same schedule as the hotel sections that are paid for by guests paying more for their hotel room.

It's a DVC resort and all renovations are paid for by DVC members. So they might not happen as frequently or on the same schedule as the hotel sections that are paid for by guests paying more for their hotel room.
Sure, of course, and I am a DVC member - but that schedule really should account for the fact that technology obsolescence has a much quicker turnover rate than hotel rooms and furnishings.

We stayed there last month on last room on wing on 12th floor, and we had no wifi at all in our bedroom of our 2BR villa.

Lol, we just spent a couple of nights at BLT a few weeks ago. I’m not a DVC person but I do really like BLT. But those tiny bedroom TVs though. They are like RV size, by today’s standards.

The technology at BLT (including that TV from the way back machine) could really really use an upgrade. Get rid of that framed in 32” (ok maybe it’s a bit bigger but not much..) and put a big smart Samsung directly on the wall and litter the place with outlets and USB’s.

The technology at BLT (including that TV from the way back machine) could really really use an upgrade. Get rid of that framed in 32” (ok maybe it’s a bit bigger but not much..) and put a big smart Samsung directly on the wall and litter the place with outlets and USB’s.
Hopefully these items are addressed in the refurb expected in 2023.

I do love the views from both sides there but I actually like to watch TV late at night. The TV is not just very small, it's also a pretty low-quality picture (unlike the fireworks that have been so utterly spectacular lately.) For people whose fave mode of transportation is their feet, it's such a perfect location, but I do think the frustrating outdated technology is really being carried by the location.

I'm finding it harder to stay at BLT due to how beat up my last two rooms were. Really a shame because it was my favorite DVC resort too.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if something special is going on the week of Oct 23rd @ the Contemporary ? I’ve been stalking rooms for that weekend on and haven’t seen any availability.

Does anybody know if something special is going on the week of Oct 23rd @ the Contemporary ? I’ve been stalking rooms for that weekend on and haven’t seen any availability.
Not sure how many nights you are looking for. I see that you can book it for Oct. 23 but if you add additional days it says "unavailable"....maybe play around with the check out dates, depending on your flexibility. Looks like a lot of resorts sold out that week. Not sure what's going on besides the 50th.

Does anyone know if the boat between CR and WL is running yet? Or, if not, is there are rumors of dates it might be? Thanks so much,

I think it's a combo of pent up demand, 50th, and Halloween. And CR is always in demand even when nothing is happening.

Does anyone know if the boat between CR and WL is running yet? Or, if not, is there are rumors of dates it might be? Thanks so much,

I keep an eye out for reports, but haven’t seen anything. :-(

With CR mostly closed and things like Hoop and Artists Point that attract a bigger non-guest crowd still closed, I guess it’s not a priority for them at the moment? Or at least that’s my assumption.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter