Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We're planning to have our groceries delivered to Bell Services at the CR. Any special instructions I should provide? I assume "deliver to bell services" would be sufficient enough.

We're planning to have our groceries delivered to Bell Services at the CR. Any special instructions I should provide? I assume "deliver to bell services" would be sufficient enough.

Whenever I do instacart deliveries to the resorts I always put c/o Guest with my name under the special instructions.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I saw this on the California Grill page on the Disney website:

"California Grill is unavailable for booking after September 30 as we reimagine the dining experience for the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort."

This is what it says right now: "California Grill is currently unavailable for bookings after October 2 as we create a special dining experience for the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort.

Last edited:
This is what it says right now: "California Grill is currently unavailable for bookings after October 2 as we create a special dining experience for the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort.
Thanks for posting this! Just reserved Cali grill for 8:45 on the first :) excited to see what that means :cool1: but I suppose that means there will be nothing special until after the 2nd?

Club level? The tower club rooms with the 2 queens only sleeps 4 but atrium club 2 queens also have day bed and sleep 5. Are the Tower club queen rooms smaller?

Club level? The tower club rooms with the 2 queens only sleeps 4 but atrium club 2 queens also have day bed and sleep 5. Are the Tower club queen rooms smaller?

Yes, the few Tower Club regular rooms are slightly smaller in size and a different layout than the regular CR rooms. We’ll have to see if the renovations change any of that, but pre-renovation this was the case. Some have commented in the past that they don’t really love the layout of the rooms, and one or two are HC accessible with some features that don’t get rave reviews. Although again, TBD what things are like post-renovation.

Hope that helps.

Just finished up 7 nights at BLT and I have to say we really enjoyed it! We couldn't get over how convenient everything is. Parking is super close and we almost always got a good spot, the walk to the Contemporary was short, the monorail, and OH MY GOODNESS walking past those crowds after HEA at the end of the night was priceless. Our villa faced the marina and we loved watching the electrical parade every night.

The only negative I can say is that there was not a single USB port in our villa. I get it that those are a more recent addition, but after a split stay at SSR with ports at every turn, it stood out. Come prepared with chargers!

We are finishing up our trip with two nights at our BLT (our home resort) and we’re very excited to be upgraded to a 1- bedroom! This is the first time we have been given a DVC room upgrade or any upgrade for that matter. This is the second time we have been assigned an accessible room ( we do not need one) at BLT. Really enjoyed watching the sunrise over the lake and HEA on our balcony one night away from the madness in MK.
76B2D1D0-5C1D-46C2-9BAF-10CE9A3A47A6.jpegC7648030-8368-42B0-88E4-11D897D174B4.jpeg

Thanks for posting this! Just reserved Cali grill for 8:45 on the first :) excited to see what that means :cool1: but I suppose that means there will be nothing special until after the 2nd?
If you stay late, they might pull the carpet right out from under you!

We are considering a stay at Contemporary next July. Are the Garden Wing rooms scheduled for renovations like the tower rooms. If they are, will they be completed by next July?

We are considering a stay at Contemporary next July. Are the Garden Wing rooms scheduled for renovations like the tower rooms. If they are, will they be completed by next July?

Yes, they are moving on to the Garden Wing rooms after the Tower is done. We don’t know exact dates, but it seems they should be done by the. Last I checked Garden Wing rooms were bookable once again early spring, if I’m not mistaken.

If you stay late, they might pull the carpet right out from under you!
I was *guessing* that they are going to reconfigure the menu (to get more money, of course) rather than do a physical renovation. Right now you can go up, have anything on the menu, even just a cocktail, and are then able to come back to watch the fireworks. They probably want to stop that.

I think it's odd that they are starting any kind of reno after the 50th starts, unless it's going to be done extremely quickly.

I was *guessing* that they are going to reconfigure the menu (to get more money, of course) rather than do a physical renovation. Right now you can go up, have anything on the menu, even just a cocktail, and are then able to come back to watch the fireworks. They probably want to stop that.

I think it's odd that they are starting any kind of reno after the 50th starts, unless it's going to be done extremely quickly.
Maybe, but I figure replacing carpet in a restaurant is an easy 2 day thing that helps keep the place looking good.

Any information if the pool area will be closed off for updates / construction??
Got a garden view room for September just wanted to be sure I didn’t miss any pool work notices

Any information if the pool area will be closed off for updates / construction??
Got a garden view room for September just wanted to be sure I didn’t miss any pool work notices

While I would personally love it if they did overhaul the pool area, there haven’t been any announcements or rumors that I’ve seen. Of course Disney can always sneak things like that up on people, but nothing at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter