Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

My guess would be that any planned room refurbishments have been delayed due to Disney being closed for COVID-19. There were rumors that the rooms were going to be updated to have an Incredibles theme and that The Wave was going to transformed into an Incredibles character meal.

Thanks for the info. I agree with others and hope they do not touch The Wave. Such an under-the-radar TS at WDW. When we have visited, it was never busy and the staff was super friendly. The food was INCREDIBLE.......although I don't really want an Incredibles theme.......:rotfl2:

I've been randomly checking prices on resort rooms for quite some time and the last few days, I've noticed there is zero availability at Contemporary until September 27th. Not a garden wing room, not a suite, not a club level room, not a room with a package, nothing with AP discount....not a single thing that I can find. There's plenty of availability in many categories in the other monorail resorts throughout the summer (including BLT) but nothing at Contemporary all summer long. I even changed browsers in case there was something about mine that was causing problems.

Anyone notice this and have an idea of what's going on? Am I missing something happening at Contemporary this summer?

I've been randomly checking prices on resort rooms for quite some time and the last few days, I've noticed there is zero availability at Contemporary until September 27th. Not a garden wing room, not a suite, not a club level room, not a room with a package, nothing with AP discount....not a single thing that I can find. There's plenty of availability in many categories in the other monorail resorts throughout the summer (including BLT) but nothing at Contemporary all summer long. I even changed browsers in case there was something about mine that was causing problems.

Anyone notice this and have an idea of what's going on? Am I missing something happening at Contemporary this summer?

Yeah, this happened a few days ago for reasons that remain a mystery.

People speculate that it could be due to the possible pending NBA deal which would bring the NBA playoffs to WDW/ESPN Wide World of Sports in late July. Coronado Springs has been the rumored “bubble” resort that would be used (it has been blocked off for reservations for awhile now) but perhaps CR could now be in play now as well. All speculation at the moment, of course.

Relative to the other resorts, CR does have a number of suites (very large ones at that) that could be used for housing or various functions. CR is also small/compact and easy to secure if needed. It seems in the realm of possibility that it could be in play for some reason.

If I put my marketing hat on, there’s a small part of me that says they should use the CR convention center as one of the courts - the optics of aerial shots of basketball being played inside one of the most iconic hotels with arguably the most iconic theme park in the background would be pretty compelling / good advertising for WDW, in my opinion.

Again, all speculation on my part. I guess we’ll know in due time.

Yeah, this happened a few days ago for reasons that remain a mystery.

People speculate that it could be due to the possible pending NBA deal which would bring the NBA playoffs to WDW/ESPN Wide World of Sports in late July. Coronado Springs has been the rumored “bubble” resort that would be used (it has been blocked off for reservations for awhile now) but perhaps CR could now be in play now as well. All speculation at the moment, of course.

Relative to the other resorts, CR does have a number of suites (very large ones at that) that could be used for housing or various functions. CR is also small/compact and easy to secure if needed. It seems in the realm of possibility that it could be in play for some reason.

If I put my marketing hat on, there’s a small part of me that says they should use the CR convention center as one of the courts - the optics of aerial shots of basketball being played inside one of the most iconic hotels with arguably the most iconic theme park in the background would be pretty compelling / good advertising for WDW, in my opinion.

Again, all speculation on my part. I guess we’ll know in due time.

Ah-ha! That makes sense!

Thank you!

For you CR/BLT veterans, what makes the CR and BLT special to you?
Location location location!

I have done both blt and CR several times. The theme of blt is more fun to me . However having the monorail go through your lobby is such a classic thing makes CR just special.

I’m one of the few on here that loves CR pool area lol. It’s so relaxed compared to poly or SAB for example.

Tucked between Bay Lay and Seven Seas Lagoon they have great water views.

Ahhh can you just hear the sounds of MK? See the Castle? SM? Can’t be beat!

For the 50th next year I have CR booked. For me and dd it was a MUST DO! It’s where it all began..... WDW😍

For you CR/BLT veterans, what makes the CR and BLT special to you?
Love the location. Walking to and from MK definitely is a huge plus. I also like how compact everything is (pool, shops, food, transportation) which I think helps when you are in the parks walking nonstop. You feel like you are really IN Disney - the monorail going through the resort, the views of the castle, the EWP at night, and it feels like you could reach out and touch space mountain.

We booked CR for the 50th also, I’ve never stayed there before but I think it’s the perfect time to be there for a first stay! I hope they have something special for it at the resort in addition to MK.

Depends on your priorities I guess, but as we are a West Coast family, the 3hr time difference works in our favor for late night stays in the park. The downside is having to fight the crowds as everyone leaves! The single most awesome thing about CR is the ability to bypass all the crowds, stroll on by the monorail line 1000 people deep up the ramp and casually walk back to the hotel taking in the sights and sounds! The new walkway from the GF is going to completely transform the attraction for many with kids to book there.

We actually prefer the Garden Wing rooms and specifically ask for a room we like there. We love the ground floor view:

z1CuBM_soaJ7Rv9SkGijM3Sfyto-TTkBsikvFwE8oWWhHr7JZ9rm5MIbM6OPbVe25ScE4Gs3ajZ6INxX6WYXqolQJiUJNnp8s_ogEMQ7bmR2nfDc1a_tKJjwa0d5tJWqCLD87tiaHMs=w2400

Ahhh can you just hear the sounds of MK? See the Castle? SM? Can’t be beat!

:cloud9: :cloud9:

For the 50th next year I have CR booked. For me and dd it was a MUST DO! It’s where it all began..... WDW😍

Us too! We're only there for the weekend (9/30-10/3), but I'm very excited to be there for the celebration 🥳 .

We booked CR for the 50th also, I’ve never stayed there before but I think it’s the perfect time to be there for a first stay! I hope they have something special for it at the resort in addition to MK.

I think you'll like it! After years of just visiting the CR, we had our first stay last December and I loved it! The Poly is still my favorite, but I did really like the CR :goodvibes.

Any updates of what will be open at the resort when it opens in July?
I thought I saw a post Chef Mickey will be open. Only thing I can find is the BLT info post for food and amenities.
Also, this will be our first stay here. Excited to try it.

I had seen awhile ago that they had called back cm’s for chef Mickey’s and had “family style” listed next to it, but for now they’ve just listed what’s open at CR/BLT right now (wave, Contempo cafe and I think the pool bar at BLT). I’m sure they open chef Mickey’s when the parks open.

Last edited:
Any updates of what will be open at the resort when it opens in July?
I thought I saw a post Chef Mickey will be open. Only thing I can find is the BLT info post for food and amenities.
Also, this will be our first stay here. Excited to try it.
I just got moved from Poly to BLT 2 br lake view.

I have seen the list but now I forget, been 2 long days on hold wdw.

Wave and Contempo now but more added later , when? Who knows?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-bayLakeTower

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter