• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We're doing the Plaza Dessert Party on the 4th, and if possible I'm even more excited about it now!!!!! Thanks so much for the pics!!!

Have you already booked it? I keep looking for the 3rd and July 3rd and 4th are greyed out. Should I call DSS? I am still up in the air about using the Dessert party to see Happily Ever After or July 3rd fireworks, I have many food allergies and low carb tolerance so I can't justify paying for the Dessert Party more than once. Any thoughts?

Have you already booked it? I keep looking for the 3rd and July 3rd and 4th are greyed out. Should I call DSS? I am still up in the air about using the Dessert party to see Happily Ever After or July 3rd fireworks, I have many food allergies and low carb tolerance so I can't justify paying for the Dessert Party more than once. Any thoughts?
Sorry! Should have clarified we're doing it on June 4. :o

OT but for those of you who asked about the Tomorrowland Terrace/Garden Viewing Dessert Party. DO IT. Great experience, in my humble opinion.

Since I can hide behind internet anonymity I don't mind saying this. I was a bit weepy watching from Poly last night. I flat out :sad: at times watching from the MK tonight.

My husband and I watched the live stream on May 12th and he :sad: , I teared up a bit at times but nothing like the hubs. Too bad he's not coming for our June trip.

Thanks for the review, I've been on the fence about booking this and now I will.:worship:

We were in RPC, not SL (but I think it's pretty much the same) last year and there was no ginger ale in the lounge, but I was feeling queasy (still working on my land legs after disembarking from the Dream that day) and I asked if they had any and a nice CM brought me a few cans from the back. So it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

The few rooms on the same floor of the lounge are all DVC villas, plus none of them have really good savanna views. The regular CL rooms are all on the 4th floor and have great Arusha Savanna views, but none are super close to the elevator that leads to the lounge. We usually ask to be near the elevator that leads down to the pool. I think those rooms have a nice view and aren't super far from the lounge stairs (or elevator if you prefer) but none are close. Nonetheless, we love AKL CL. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the info. Our first CL stay was AKL and I could not remember what the lounge floor rooms were as far as set-up or the other CL access rooms. We love it there and are happy to be able to go back!

We just stayed in #4409 on our trip Feb/March. It is close to the elevators and the view of the savanna was great.
20170307_124152_resized_zpswrlxisel.jpg
20170307_124721_resized_zpspqfb61zk.jpg
Wonderful view! Thanks for the info and reply!

My husband and I watched the live stream on May 12th and he :sad: , I teared up a bit at times but nothing like the hubs. Too bad he's not coming for our June trip.

Thanks for the review, I've been on the fence about booking this and now I will.:worship:
How are you finding tickets? My weeks are all booked up. My December dates aren't open yet. They better still have fireworks in December.

As far as afternoon snacks... same as in Feb and MUCH IMPROVED over prior years. It's like night/day for Poly CL regulars who haven't been this year.

Totally night and day!!! Last time we went food offerings were sad. How were CM? Im waiting for that AP fall discount to come to snag a few nights at Poly!

Here's my mini Poly CL food update from my weekend trip. Everything was very much like Feb, offerings remain upgraded relatively substantially over prior years. I don't think Poly will ever compete at a level of some of the other CLs I've been to from a food perspective, but I think the changes overall are very good and very much appreciated as a repeat Poly CL guest.

Breakfast
Pretty consistent every morning with only slight changes in pastries, etc. Hard-boiled eggs and assorted cheeses...
1.JPG

Also individual yogurts (berry flavored and plain) and roast turkey.
2.JPG

One morning the turkey was replaced by this interesting chorizo-like sausage, although not exactly labeled properly. o_O
3.JPG

Standard morning setup.
4.JPG

Pastries... I missed the bran muffins this trip.
5.JPG

The protein in the egg offsets the carbs in the cinnamon roll, right?
6.JPG

Oatmeal...
7.JPG

Cereal options included Special K, Frosted Flakes, Raison Bran, and Fruit Loops....
8.JPG

I appreciate the fact that coffee to go cups are always out on the counter. Some CLs you have to hunt in under-cabinet storage for them.
9.JPG

As a parent I also appreciate that paper cups (with lids) are always out all day....
10.JPG

Last edited:
Since this was a quick trip I tried to take full advantage of the lounge for my meals. I arrived on Friday with about 15 minutes to spare, so close! Plenty of options still out. In fact, they start pushing you to take more / bringing stuff to the table so they could get ride of extras! :-)

The pattern was generally two main hot dishes and two main cold dishes. The little shrimps look sort of pathetically small in the big bowl, but they were good. You have to take 10 of them, but they're good.
1.JPG

Sesame Crusted Seared Tuna. Fantastic. It's going to be "too seared" for some purists but I actually like it a little more cooked.
2.JPG

Crab Devil Eggs. Interesting but not my favorite (not a devil eggs guy). I do appreciate how Poly has gotten better with their labeling of food, most of the time.
3.JPG

The seared tuna. I really enjoyed this.
4.JPG

More small shrimpies. :rotfl:
5.JPG

A nice CM suggested DS try his PBJ with honey. He has a new favorite food/dipping sauce. FYI, kids options were pretty much only PBJ my two nights.
6.JPG

Obligatory Longboard pic. Sort of rude of me to not wait to eat those two plates I guess. Sorry! :confused3
7.JPG

Last edited:
Saturday night apps...

While Poly doesn't have a 'chef station,' this dude was busting it back there both nights. They pretty much individually plate the 3-4 items nearly constantly - he's not cooking anything, just adding the final garnishing and toppings. Those small plates can get cleared pretty quick if you have a big wave of hungry guests come through.

This is a soy sauce infused watermelon. It was really fantastic. Loved the bold flavors and something totally different.
1.JPG

"Tuna Crudo" whatever that means. Also very good.
2.JPG

3.JPG

Pork belly (yes please!) and a vegetable spring roll thing, or whatever those are called.
4.JPG

I do wish Poly would do the make your own PBJ like most other CLs instead of these cheap uncrustable cut-ups. As mentioned earlier, pretty much the only 'kids' option except for crackers and cheese.
5.JPG

My plate this evening. Can't remember what that thing on the top right was.
7.JPG

Last edited:
Finally, desserts. These were on Friday night. I appreciate the simplicity of their dessert offerings. 3-4 main items plus cookies, it's not overkill. I still can't get over how many desserts SL put out in April. The options are overwhelming there! This is more simple.

Chocolate Tart
1.JPG

Guava Cheesecake
2.JPG

Peanut Butter Brownie & Rice Krispie Treats
3.JPG

Chocolate chip cookies...
4.JPG

Oatmeal cookies...
5.JPG

Cordials aren't my thing but people sure seem to ask about them a lot!
6.JPG

I had not seen the Ferreira before. Not sure what that is? But since it said it was aged 10 years I figured I HAD to try it.
7.JPG

And finally, desserts from Saturday night. Only a couple of far away shots because we were booking it to MK for the evening. Looked like a bit different offerings than the night before.
IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

So that's about it. Two nights is hardly enough to get a full body of work opinion, but I enjoyed everything! Really glad these changes seem to be sticking around awhile.

I'm sorry that you experienced this!! That definitely didn't add to a vacation.

This makes me concerned - traveling with our 22 and 24 year-old daughters, who look even younger than their age. I completely understand asking for id, but being judgmental and condescending is not okay. I don't want them to get hassled, especially when the older one takes out her fake-looking Midwestern license!

GADisneyDad14 - did you notice what procedures were in place for id-checking? We totally want to stay within the rules and have the girls be prepared to show their licenses at all times. But, hoping that it's just a quick check and a smile - and we also don't want to raise suspicions and get the serve-yourself privileges revoked for all in the lounge when our very young-looking legal adults keep popping open Longboards if no one checks ids (would be great if they could do it once, and give them a 'festival' wristband for the day'). I also don't want to have to keep being dragged out of my lounge chair to do it for them, since "it's easier, they don't give you a hard time". princess:

Thanks for all of the pictures and updates. I'm a little sad that I don't see the old Disney CL standby bowl of swedish fish though. :magnify: Kids could eat a theater-sized box every day. Ugh, they'll just have to suffer with lettuce wraps and personally customized trail mix now (I'll have to coach them for the next 2 weeks that trail mix cannot consist entirely of cashews though - they have to leave some for others!!)
My dd is 22 and sometimes to just to get it over with I will ask for her champagne and my wine and just day " my dd is 22 feel free to card her".

I want to say the first day they ask but not at least every time during the stay, more hit and miss. I talked to 2 sisters at AKL cl in Jan and they said they usually get carded even tough they are mid 20's . Again , not every time just sometimes.

Hands down they seem to do it quicker if I am with her (chaperoned/parent permission?) vs when she is alone.

When the alcohol is out I would get her champagne and hand it to her at a cl and no one ever asked for ID then. Only when they had to get it or serve it.

The worst is the restaurants, they scrutinize!

Finally, desserts. These were on Friday night. I appreciate the simplicity of their dessert offerings. 3-4 main items plus cookies, it's not overkill. I still can't get over how many desserts SL put out in April. The options are overwhelming there! This is more simple.

Chocolate Tart
View attachment 237539

Guava Cheesecake
View attachment 237540

Peanut Butter Brownie & Rice Krispie Treats
View attachment 237541

Chocolate chip cookies...
View attachment 237542

Oatmeal cookies...
View attachment 237543

Cordials aren't my thing but people sure seem to ask about them a lot!
View attachment 237544

I had not seen the Ferreira before. Not sure what that is? But since it said it was aged 10 years I figured I HAD to try it.
View attachment 237545

And finally, desserts from Saturday night. Only a couple of far away shots because we were booking it to MK for the evening. Looked like a bit different offerings than the night before.
View attachment 237549

View attachment 237550

So that's about it. Two nights is hardly enough to get a full body of work opinion, but I enjoyed everything! Really glad these changes seem to be sticking around awhile.
Port?? That's new!

Oh was it good?

Here's my mini Poly CL food update from my weekend trip. Everything was very much like Feb, offerings remain upgraded relatively substantially over prior years. I don't think Poly will ever compete at a level of some of the other CLs I've been to from a food perspective, but I think the changes overall are very good and very much appreciated as a repeat Poly CL guest.

Breakfast
Pretty consistent every morning with only slight changes in pastries, etc. Hard-boiled eggs and assorted cheeses...
View attachment 237509

Also individual yogurts (berry flavored and plain) and roast turkey.
View attachment 237510

One morning the turkey was replaced by this interesting chorizo-like sausage, although not exactly labeled properly. o_O
View attachment 237511

Standard morning setup.
View attachment 237512

Pastries... I missed the bran muffins this trip.
View attachment 237513

The protein in the egg offsets the carbs in the cinnamon roll, right?
View attachment 237514

Oatmeal...
View attachment 237515

Cereal options included Special K, Frosted Flakes, Raison Bran, and Fruit Loops....
View attachment 237516

I appreciate the fact that coffee to go cups are always out on the counter. Some CLs you have to hunt in under-cabinet storage for them.
View attachment 237517

As a parent I also appreciate that paper cups (with lids) are always out all day....
View attachment 237518

Is the Poly Lounge busy during b-fast? if we plan on going before hitting the parks, do we need to worry about getting a table or anything else? There are 5 of us.

Just tell them to be GLAD someone is asking for ID because there will come a day when they don't anymore and it will make them sad. :sad2::sad2:

This made me laugh as it's very true :laughing:.

I'd still suggest that your daughters keep their IDs on them just to avoid the awkward "hold up while I sprint to my room to get my ID!"

I agree :).

Yes, I'm looking to make it work the other way around for me - they can take my drink order :drinking1

:thumbsup2

Our daughter turned 21 during our last trip in March at AKL. She was asked for her ID both times she got a drink in the lounge, but there was never an attitude attached, just a quick glance and she was fine.

This is the way it should be ::yes::.

Very happy with DSS so far.

DSS got my 3 ADRs and booked the Wanyama Safari as I requested. Very happy we got our BOG. All times were within 30 mins of what we requested, except BOG was an hour earlier but I'm totally fine with that, glad to have it!

I did have a hiccup in that my ADRs didn't show in MDE, I had DSS email me the confirmations and when I tried to input them myself I was told error- they were already linked to a reservation. I emailed DSS and a day later they emailed me back they had everything fixed and my ADRs were now in MDE- and sure enough they were!

A couple days after booking I decided I'd rather charge the safari on a gift card so I called DSS and after a few mins they got me rebooked, I also updated my room requests. Nice to do both those with one short phone call.

Glad DSS was helpful and was able to straighten everything out :goodvibes.

Thank you for the info. Our first CL stay was AKL and I could not remember what the lounge floor rooms were as far as set-up or the other CL access rooms. We love it there and are happy to be able to go back!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

For those that were asking about the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing, I just did a mini-review with a bunch of pics here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...h-plaza-garden-viewing.3604693/#post-57599693

Happy to answer any questions here or on that thread! :-)

Awesome review! Thanks for posting :wizard:.

Here's my mini Poly CL food update from my weekend trip.

Sounds like you had a great Disney weekend! Thanks for your update with all of the great pics :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter