Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So we bit the the bullet and booked July 2,3 at GF (main bldg TPV club) and 4-7 at BWI deluxe club. I'm just going to pretend it's 70 degrees and the crowd levels are a 4.....

Fun! Nice split! Being at MK or Epcot for July 4th is on my to do list, no matter the crowds. I think that would be so much fun.

In case helpful, here's a view of the GF RPC TPV bank of rooms! (Taken from my SL room a few weeks ago) If I'm not mistaken those rooms on the left have an "extra long" balcony.

1.JPG

And my wife stayed in a BWI Deluxe Room last month. This was her view. Not too shabby!

2.jpeg

Hello all,

We will be in YC CL for 3 nights this August. My BIL who lives in Tampa will be joining us one day while we are there. Our family is planning on going to the lounge for appetizers before heading back to Epcot for the evening. What is the proper etiquette? Would it be inappropriate for my BIL to join us for snacks and drinks that evening?

Thanks!!

One option would be to add him to your reservation for that one day (if adding him won't exceed room occupancy). You will have to pay an extra adult fee of $25 if there are already 2 adults in the room, but this would make him a resort guest for the day and give him access to the lounge. If he will be there for only a few hours, you could talk to a CL CM that morning and ask it's ok for him to join you in the lounge while he's there. I don't think it will be a problem, but I would check with someone before taking him up there. Good luck and I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

So we bit the the bullet and booked July 2,3 at GF (main bldg TPV club) and 4-7 at BWI deluxe club. I'm just going to pretend it's 70 degrees and the crowd levels are a 4.....

What a great split! RPC is amazing and while we've never stayed BWI CL, I am always reading great things about it. Have a great trip :goodvibes.

what rooms on for AKL cl are best for viewing animals/ close to cl lounge? Going with a 2-1/2 year old and want great views from balcony of animals while also not having her to be far from lounge since lounge is on different floor.

We were just there last week - I posted pictures and comments just a few pages back in this thread. We had room 4215 Kudo Trail and it was not far at all from elevators and stairs. We loved the location. From what I've read, some people don't love this location for animal viewing because it's one of the closest rooms to the lobby area so partial view is of rocks/water. But we thought it was awesome - it was just enough animal viewing for us and we didn't have to go very far for lounge access.

This is a picture I'm pasting of my room view from the "touring plans" link posted by trishadono as it captures my entire view better than my iPhone pics did:

3215_sm.jpg

And here are some thoughts I had after my return last week:

Getting around wasn’t as complicated as I thought it would be. Our room was on the 4th floor and the lounge on the 6th floor. In a nutshell, there is a large open lobby down below like at the GF RPC and WL. So when exiting our room, we walked towards the lobby noise and just traced the lobby until we got to the elevators to go up to the lounge or down to restaurants/pool/lobby.

However, we found an easier way for lounge access! There was actually a staircase closer to our room than the elevator was. And it led right up to the lounge (the side part where there are a few tables and charging station - opposite to where the CM desks are located. I believe @trishadono got a perfect picture of this location in her January trip pics in this thread). Maybe this staircase is what is known as the "secret stairs" that I’ve read about on here? They led to the 5th floor where the gated entry is. Go through the gate and then down to the 4th floor where our room was not too far from that!

Just tap your MB to use the gated entry:

img_4192-jpg.232056

There was also a different staircase just a few doors down from our room, and this was a beautiful staircase that led down to everywhere else. So glad we found this!

img_4170-jpg.232057

To me, AKL CL is a confusing set-up to understand if just looking at pictures and maps. However, once there, I didn't find it confusing at all. Maybe because my room was right near the lobby down below so all I had to do was go towards the lobby and then trace around it to get to the elevators. It was really quite easy!

We were just there last week - I posted pictures and comments just a few pages back in this thread. We had room 4215 Kudo Trail and it was not far at all from elevators and stairs. We loved the location. From what I've read, some people don't love this location for animal viewing because it's one of the closest rooms to the lobby area so partial view is of rocks/water. But we thought it was awesome - it was just enough animal viewing for us and we didn't have to go very far for lounge access.

This is a picture I'm pasting of my room view from the "touring plans" link posted by trishadono as it captures my entire view better than my iPhone pics did:

3215_sm.jpg

And here are some thoughts I had after my return last week:

Getting around wasn’t as complicated as I thought it would be. Our room was on the 4th floor and the lounge on the 6th floor. In a nutshell, there is a large open lobby down below like at the GF RPC and WL. So when exiting our room, we walked towards the lobby noise and just traced the lobby until we got to the elevators to go up to the lounge or down to restaurants/pool/lobby.

However, we found an easier way for lounge access! There was actually a staircase closer to our room than the elevator was. And it led right up to the lounge (the side part where there are a few tables and charging station - opposite to where the CM desks are located. I believe @trishadono got a perfect picture of this location in her January trip pics in this thread). Maybe this staircase is what is known as the "secret stairs" that I’ve read about on here? They led to the 5th floor where the gated entry is. Go through the gate and then down to the 4th floor where our room was not too far from that!

Just tap your MB to use the gated entry:

img_4192-jpg.232056

There was also a different staircase just a few doors down from our room, and this was a beautiful staircase that led down to everywhere else. So glad we found this!

img_4170-jpg.232057

To me, AKL CL is a confusing set-up to understand if just looking at pictures and maps. However, once there, I didn't find it confusing at all. Maybe because my room was right near the lobby down below so all I had to do was go towards the lobby and then trace around it to get to the elevators. It was really quite easy!

Thanks this is a BIG help.

IMG_0173.JPG
Trishadono not sure if i asked this, but what room were you in at AKL?

I felt rooms past ours would have been too far. I did go back and forth many times to the lounge . I prefer to grab coffee while the kids still asleep and enjoy just being at Disney before the busy day takes over.

Also after staying there I feel a good animal view would be available from all the cl rooms. They rotated the animals feeding too so you got a mix of animals to see. Best time for me was waiting in the room in the late afternoon before appetizers.

Fun! Nice split! Being at MK or Epcot for July 4th is on my to do list, no matter the crowds. I think that would be so much fun.

In case helpful, here's a view of the GF RPC TPV bank of rooms! (Taken from my SL room a few weeks ago) If I'm not mistaken those rooms on the left have an "extra long" balcony.

View attachment 232689

And my wife stayed in a BWI Deluxe Room last month. This was her view. Not too shabby!

View attachment 232690
Yes we stayed in one of those rooms on the left in your photo two years ago and they do have a very long balcony. We have much the same tastes in hotels as we stayed in a deluxe room at the BWI CL on our last stay. Alas currently no Disney vacations planned this year. I just hate it when life gets in the way of Disney!!

Not at all! BWI had plastic bags next to their snack offerings (granola, gummies, chocolate almonts, etc).
This is one of the things we love about the BWI CL! On our arrival day we fill a baggy with a snack mix from the lounge and then have that available in our room for a late night snack when we come in late from the parks and the lounges are closed (after 10 pm). It's also good to put a couple of soft drinks in the fridge for the same reason, just remember to empty the fridge on the last night of your trip.

@Circusgirl

I see you finally catching up! Any trips planned? Any pics to share?

Hi Trish!
Best trip news is that I am planning a trip with my best friend for November 27-December 6 this year so we will be there at the same time! I'm currently reserved at WL CL at rack rate, will be waiting for discounts to see where we actually end up. Your GF SL pictures and report are making me want to switch to the Grand, of course! It is my friend's first time at World, so super excited for her to see everything.
I am going to Aulani for the first time in just a few weeks, meeting friends there for a week of much needed relaxation. Can't wait to get back to Hawaii, it will be my first time at Aulani.
I'm also planning on the D23 Expo with my friend Lauren, we had an awesome time two years ago so decided to brave the crowds again.
I am very late in sharing pictures of my February trip to WL CL and Poly DVC, will hopefully have a little more time to do these fun things as life has settled down a little bit.

Hi all! It was a rainy day here today which finally gave me the chance to organize and re-size my CR Tower Club photos from a few weeks ago. Warning, I have A LOT of photos and thoughts to share, so I apologize in advance for hogging so many posts. Despite the abundant info on the Tower Club on this thread, I've always found it a bit of a "mystery" so hopefully these posts are helpful.

So this portion of our trip was a bit of a splurge, no doubt. We spent the first four nights at GF SL then moved over to CR Tower Club. I was somewhat nervous about the whole thing because we had never actually done a split stay before, but for us it worked out great! After four days at GF we were ready for something new, so the plan worked perfectly. Packing up and moving was very easy and smooth. We spent the day at Blizzard Beach which was the perfect "moving day" park since it killed a bunch of time in those hours where we were homeless. I got the room ready text at 3:03PM as we were on the bus heading to CR.

For those unfamiliar with the Tower Club, it is located on the 14th floor (vs the Atrium Club which is on the 12th floor). Atrium Club is all standard rooms; Tower Club is mostly (but not all) suites of various sizes.

The 12th floor is the top floor of the main CR atrium. The 14th floor is totally self-contained and does not "look down" into the Atrium like the rest of the floors in the building. This gives the Tower Club floor a very quiet, relaxing feel to it - it's really like being in a totally different resort.

You can see and book both the "Bay Lake View-1BR Suite" and "Bay Lake View-2BR Suite" rooms on Disney's website. For all other room types, you have to call.

We were in room 4901, a Bay Lake View-1BR Suite. Here's a floor plan that is helpful.
Tower Club Floorplan.jpg

Coming off the elevator looking at the CL CM desk and lounge in the background.
1.JPG

Like I said, this place is like being in a totally different resort. The finishes are so different compared to the rest of CR. This floor has one of the best "vibes" of any hotel I've been to, Disney or not. Everything is tastefully decorated, but not pretentious in any way.
2.JPG

3.JPG

The hallways look like this. This was taken at night so seems a bit dark... but those windows on the left let in a ton of daylight during the day. For being a self-contained floor, it is very light and bright at nearly every turn.
4.JPG

To be continued....

Last edited:
Our room... wow, the room. I may have spoiled future trips because I'm not sure anything can live up to this.

The 1-BR suites are the size of three standard sized rooms. They are huge, much bigger than I was expecting. The decor really appealed to me/us. Modern, but not ultra-modern.

I'm such an idiot, I didn't turn on the lights when I started taking photos, I was rushing before my family started putting our stuff everywhere. These pics make the room seem dark but it's not at all.

Main living room... the couch is a pull-out sofa.
1.JPG

A similar view.
2.JPG

Nice big TV. Of course, TV goes immediately to this channel where it stayed the whole two days. :-)
3.JPG

"Dining Room" area with a small kitchenette in the background. (This photo was taken at night)
4.JPG

5.JPG

This was in the room. There's a big bottle of Dasani in the background. Note they have the texting service.
6.JPG

Fridge was stocked with a few beverages.
7.JPG

Keurig coffee machine...
8.JPG

The "bedroom" area is a bit nondescript compared to the living/dining area. This room has a connecting door to to the 4902 next door. It wasn't particularly sound-proof, we could hear the kids next door very well.
9.JPG

The view from the bedroom.
10.JPG

To be continued....

My prior two CR trips had been in TPV rooms so I was very familiar with the view from that side of the building. This was my first time on the Bay Lake side. I had always thought I'd be fine to be on the Bay Lake side since you have the lounge for the TPV, and I'm happy to report that's exactly how I felt. The Bay Lake side is unbelievably beautiful - it is breathtaking frankly. I might be hard-pressed to book a TPV room in either Atrium or Tower Club in the future, this view was so good.

The 14th floor balconies are, well, massive. It's like having a whole outdoor living space in addition to the very spacious room.

Here's one section of the balcony... you can see Epcot in the background if you look closely.
1.JPG

This section of the balcony had two lounge chairs. You could sunbathe on this balcony if you wanted to.
2.JPG

Here's the view looking left....
3.JPG

View looking straight ahead...
4.JPG

View looking right. WL is in the foreground - I always love when you get a good view of WL like this that makes it seem like it blends in seamlessly with the trees. Epcot, Swan/Dolphin, HS in the background. You can see both Illuminations and the HS fireworks from here.
5.JPG

A zoomed in view...
6.JPG

If you read enough of my posts you know I like to pick on the CR pool. It just isn't one of our favorites and the lack of a real splash pad deters me from coming to CR more or for longer stays with my kids still young. But, I do love the overall setting and it is never crowded. It's hard NOT to like being on the shores of Bay Lake. The pool activities always seem to be very well run and with a somewhat smaller crowd your kids tend to get a bit more attention during the games, in my experience.

If you look closely, you can kind of see the new fencing around the pool. This was new since our Sept 2016 CR trip. It's very well done and didn't really change anything about the pool experience. No MB readers on the pool gates here.
7.JPG

Here's a panorama... I could literally sit on the balcony all day here.
8.JPG

A big plus about staying on the Bay Lake side is the EWP! You get the perfect view and it is LOUD AS HECK.
9.JPG

Sunrise on our check-out morning. So serene and peaceful, a quiet pause before an exciting and energy filled WDW day....
10.JPG

To be continued....

Again, I'm sorry for hogging so much thread space here. If you can't tell, I really enjoyed CR Tower Club....

Here's one last room view panorama of the sunrise.....
11.JPG

On to the lounge...as expected, it's a relatively small space. There simply aren't that many people on this floor so you don't really need much more than this. We were often the only ones here, at times it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Although I'm sure that can change quickly if you had a big crew of folks in the suites though.

Before our stay I was a bit worried about Tower Club feeling too pretentious or it not being kid friendly. My worries were misguided. While it is a quiet space and has a more adult feel to it, it also has a cozy feel that is very accommodating, in my opinion.
1.JPG

That TV is quite massive...
2.JPG

Fun decor with unique seating....
3.JPG

Looking inside from the balcony....
4.JPG

Another example of the huge balconies on 14...
5.JPG

Snuck in a little Masters watching. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
6.JPG

Beer and soda selection.... you could get Dasani bottles upon request.
7.JPG

They have a small flat screen/monitor type thing with various information about the offerings. Here were the wine selections one evening...
8.JPG

Nice table decor and salt/pepper shakers out on every table (a nice touch)....
9.JPG

More coming....

As with the Atrium Club lounge, you get a GREAT MK view from here. Not going to lie, this view always gives me the feels....
1.JPG

We watched Wishes from the lounge our first night, we were the only ones there. A great view with excellent audio. This was our second to last Wishes, so sad. :-( I really hope Disney doesn't muck up the out-of-park viewing experience with the new show...

6.JPG

To Be Continued.... Almost done!

Last edited:
It's only taken me five (?) posts to get to the food... I'm sorry! That's all anyone cares about, I know!

Breakfast offerings are pretty much 'normal' CL items, for the most part. After four mornings of deviled eggs at GF SL I was overjoyed to have regular, plain hard-boiled eggs. It's the small things in life....
1.JPG

Salmon with various toppings...
2.JPG

Various meats....
3.JPG

Cheeses...
4.JPG

Assorted pastries... I like how it's not overkill here - just a few basic, good items.
5.JPG

So we've all had the standard Disney cinnamon rolls, right? They must make a million every day because they are served at every CL, breakfast buffet, or restaurant on property. One morning they had these cinnamon buns with an actual creme-cheese type frosting, sort of like a Cin-A-Bon. Oh my... delicious. They only had these one morning, it was the more standard variety the next day. Good thing I walked 8 miles later that day according to my watch....
6.JPG

Fruit Loops and Corn Flakes are the cereal choices. That's oatmeal in the stainless steel thing, with various toppings.
7.JPG

I prefer these individual yogurts vs. the scoop yourself from a large bowl setup at GF SL - don't ask me why, it just seems nicer. The one you can barely see on the right is plain/no sugar, which I like having as an option. Especially when paired with the cinnamon roll above.... :rolleyes1
8.JPG

Maybe I had a few carbs...
9.JPG

Here's that TV/monitor thing with the morning offerings listed. They don't put out individual food name cards here.
10.JPG

Two more posts left...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter