Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there rooms with a King bed and a pull down murphy bed or are pull down beds only in rooms with 2 Queen beds?

I have not heard of any, but I don't have any definative proof. I think the point of the pull down beds were to create a way to sleep a family of 5 in the queen rooms. The thinking being, if you needed to place a family of three, putting them in a room with two queen beds works just as well as putting them in a King room with a pull down bed.

2.5 weeks to go until we head down! So excited!

I've requested Aruba and first floor, but I have a couple other requests, so I'm wondering about faxing them in that has been suggested previously.

Do I just type them out on a piece of paper and send it about a week before?

Hello all, I have stayed here a couple of times. Question:

which publix is closest to this resort? I get in after 11pm and will take the bus, but need to get a few items first day, by taxi. After shopping I will call for a pickup. I browse and don't want a time limit to run out. Thanks!:goodvibes
I cannot do an order ahead of time.

22 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo:

I just realize that your question had not been answered yet. There is a Publix store near, I believe, Mile Marker 9 on Hwy. 192 also known as West Irlo Bronson. I am sure that any taxi service will be able to find the exact road that it is on if you tell them that it's near Old Town. We've been there many times.

2.5 weeks to go until we head down! So excited!

I've requested Aruba and first floor, but I have a couple other requests, so I'm wondering about faxing them in that has been suggested previously.

Do I just type them out on a piece of paper and send it about a week before?

Until recently (as in the last few months), it was said that faxing in requests would not work at any of the moderate resorts besides the Port Orleans resorts. However, many guests have said that they have faxed their requests in to the CBR a week or so ahead of time and their fax was acknowledged when they checked in. I'd say just type out your requests, in the order of importance to you, and fax it over. Make sure that you put your name, reservation number, arrival and departure dates and a contact number on your fax.

Until recently (as in the last few months), it was said that faxing in requests would not work at any of the moderate resorts besides the Port Orleans resorts. However, many guests have said that they have faxed their requests in to the CBR a week or so ahead of time and their fax was acknowledged when they checked in. I'd say just type out your requests, in the order of importance to you, and fax it over. Make sure that you put your name, reservation number, arrival and departure dates and a contact number on your fax.
Sorry if this has been asked before but should you call and fax in your requests? Or one or the other?

CBR is currently my top contender for our next trip. Our previous family trips have been to POFQ, POR, and AoA.

Tell me what I need to know about CBR! What do you love? Negatives?
Some people say you need a car--true?

I've just booked our first stay at CBR July 13-20. We have always stayed at POR, but now with the 5th person option at CBR, I am very excited to give it a try. I am looking forward to our mid-day breaks at the fabulous pool and relaxing in a hammock.

Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread which was instrumental in helping me make this decision!

CBR is currently my top contender for our next trip. Our previous family trips have been to POFQ, POR, and AoA.

Tell me what I need to know about CBR! What do you love? Negatives?
Some people say you need a car--true?

Was hoping others might chime in, but here are my thoughts:

I've stayed at 3 resorts, ASMv, POR, and CBR.

I would stay at POR (only in the AB section) POFQ, or CBR on future trips, and would base my choice on the special offers (ok, if the offer was good enough to get a deluxe, that opens up many more options).

Yes CBR is big, but really only noticeably bigger than POR if you were to go with a Pirate room and be in Trinidad South. Most the other buildings have a similar walk to the food court as POR.

So "need a car" at CBR? No...not sure why you would.

I like the pool at POR better myself because I like the shade, but others have the opposite view...both have slides which appeal to kids, though the CBR theming at the pool is a bit more interesting.

The rooms at CBR are a little bigger than POR, but not enough to be THAT noticeable...not like comparing them to a value room.

The walkways at CBR are like the AB sections at POR, nice, tree lined, flower beds and the like. and there are the little sandy beaches with hammocks if you want to relax some days.

Honestly, we stay at a resort for the place to sleep between park days...and to us, CBR was just as good for that as any other. Plus it was included in the discounts when we were going and POR and POFQ weren't.

Take a look at the first couple of pages of this thread, and also one of the posts in my trip report below for a good idea of the look of the resort.

As a mom who has stayed alone with four boys each time she has visited Disney, I was pleasantly surprised to see the CBR (which we have never stayed at before) pop up when I was booking a last minute trip for the end of the month. I was able to book a FL resident rate for $116 per night and it let me book a room for all five of us. I am assuming this will be one of the refurbished rooms, since those are the ones that allow for 5 guests? My question is, do we know what buildings these rooms are booking in right now, or are they located throughout the grounds?

When booking, I saw a waterfront and standard category. No preferred. Are the waterfront the preferred rooms? Also, how important are preferred rooms? The trek back to our room at night and to the food court etc. at POR (we were in the furthest building in the back) was one of the reasons I swore off that resort after our last trip, is it similar at CBR?

If so, is it possible to drive your vehicle to the front for the day and park there, then drive back to your room when you return from the parks? It may sound silly and not a big deal to some, but I have bad knees that can sometimes but not always be a problem. After running around parks from rope drop to close with 4 boys who don't like to take breaks, the extra trek feels like 100 miles. :)

Hiya just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions?

We will be coming over from UK therefore unable to bring coffee with us. Does shop onsite sell coffee which will be compatable with coffee maker in room? not sure if it is pods, etc

Also we will be staying in october, does anyone know what time swimming pools are open till?

thanks in advance for replies :D

As a mom who has stayed alone with four boys each time she has visited Disney, I was pleasantly surprised to see the CBR (which we have never stayed at before) pop up when I was booking a last minute trip for the end of the month. I was able to book a FL resident rate for $116 per night and it let me book a room for all five of us. I am assuming this will be one of the refurbished rooms, since those are the ones that allow for 5 guests? My question is, do we know what buildings these rooms are booking in right now, or are they located throughout the grounds?

When booking, I saw a waterfront and standard category. No preferred. Are the waterfront the preferred rooms? Also, how important are preferred rooms? The trek back to our room at night and to the food court etc. at POR (we were in the furthest building in the back) was one of the reasons I swore off that resort after our last trip, is it similar at CBR?

If so, is it possible to drive your vehicle to the front for the day and park there, then drive back to your room when you return from the parks? It may sound silly and not a big deal to some, but I have bad knees that can sometimes but not always be a problem. After running around parks from rope drop to close with 4 boys who don't like to take breaks, the extra trek feels like 100 miles. :)

Great price you snagged! The preferred rooms haven't been refurbed to sleep 5 yet, that is why you don't see the option...these are the closest to the food court.

Your best bet is when checking in, tell them your situation, and they might find something closer. But CBR, like POR has buildings that can be quite a hike to the food court and pool...BUT unlike POR, has an internal bus system you can take...and plenty of parking by the food court.

As for parking at the front, the buses to the parks don't stop at the "Custom House". Plus there are not that many spaces there, it is only for check in...the main building where the food court is (Old Port Royale) does have plenty of parking..this would be my suggestion if you end up too far from the food court, just dirve to it...or take the internal bus.

Hiya just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions?

We will be coming over from UK therefore unable to bring coffee with us. Does shop onsite sell coffee which will be compatable with coffee maker in room? not sure if it is pods, etc

Also we will be staying in october, does anyone know what time swimming pools are open till?

thanks in advance for replies :D

I did not see coffee pods in the store that would work in the machine...it does take the pod type...we didn't use the pools so I'm not the expert on them but think the main pool closes at 10 or 11 (I forget which) but the quiet pools are open for use whenever.

We are staying a CBR June 7-14. Going with my parents who will have 2 teenagers in their room. ( My older son and daughter). They put in a request at reservation to have a Murphy bed, but the CM told them they could not guarantee the will get one.

Do they still offer rollaway beds if they do not get a room with a Murphy bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter