Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will be there in june. Where can i find the outdoor movie schedule?? and is the bus stop at the parks for this resort same place as por?

Has anyone stayed at both All Star Movies and CBR? I was wondering if the bus travel times are similar?

Reading through the thread it seems as though there are many stops at CBR, and I'm just wondering how it compares with the All Star Movies ride.

If you haven't done both, but have small children do they handle the stops ok? We will have a 4, 2, and infant with us on the next trip.

Has anyone stayed at both All Star Movies and CBR? I was wondering if the bus travel times are similar?

Reading through the thread it seems as though there are many stops at CBR, and I'm just wondering how it compares with the All Star Movies ride.

If you haven't done both, but have small children do they handle the stops ok? We will have a 4, 2, and infant with us on the next trip.

As a matter of fact I have done both...and POR in between.

Thing is (and I hear people say it is different now) but back when we stayed at ASMv ALL the buses were shared with the other All Stars...so we were always the last picked up and last dropped off.

And I think the distance to and from all the parks but AK was shorter at CBR.

I did like that at ASMv the lines for each park were clearly marked, and you got in line, no issues with a crowd waiting for 20 minutes only to have people just arriving at the stop jump to the front of others.

But in general, during our stay at ASMv the only real negative we had was the crowded buses and long waits to go home...at CBR the buses were never a negative experience for us. The waits for buses leaving the parks were never anything like I remembered from ASMv in 2007...only ONE TIME were we in the line and not able to get on the first bus that came to take us home, and the SECOND bus was only five minutes after it. When we were at ASMv we NEVER got the first bus, and usually spent 30 minutes to an hour after leaving waiting in the line to get on the bus. Longest wait this last trip was 20 minutes.

Getting to the parks was similar even with the people jumping in ahead of us, we never had to miss a bus, there was always room (just not always a seat...but usually was).

Now as I said, maybe they changed the ASMv service, and they have a dedicated bus just for each All Star resort...if so, that might have made our stay better.

Still wouldn't go back to ASMv unless it was just DW and I, can't share the double beds and still be on speaking terms by the end of the trip.

As a matter of fact I have done both...and POR in between.

Thing is (and I hear people say it is different now) but back when we stayed at ASMv ALL the buses were shared with the other All Stars...so we were always the last picked up and last dropped off.

And I think the distance to and from all the parks but AK was shorter at CBR.

I did like that at ASMv the lines for each park were clearly marked, and you got in line, no issues with a crowd waiting for 20 minutes only to have people just arriving at the stop jump to the front of others.

But in general, during our stay at ASMv the only real negative we had was the crowded buses and long waits to go home...at CBR the buses were never a negative experience for us. The waits for buses leaving the parks were never anything like I remembered from ASMv in 2007...only ONE TIME were we in the line and not able to get on the first bus that came to take us home, and the SECOND bus was only five minutes after it. When we were at ASMv we NEVER got the first bus, and usually spent 30 minutes to an hour after leaving waiting in the line to get on the bus. Longest wait this last trip was 20 minutes.

Getting to the parks was similar even with the people jumping in ahead of us, we never had to miss a bus, there was always room (just not always a seat...but usually was).

Now as I said, maybe they changed the ASMv service, and they have a dedicated bus just for each All Star resort...if so, that might have made our stay better.

Still wouldn't go back to ASMv unless it was just DW and I, can't share the double beds and still be on speaking terms by the end of the trip.

Thanks for the input. When we were there two years ago and stayed at All Star Movies they still shared buses and I didn't know that changed. So our rides always seemed long.

My worry is the multiple stops before we even leave the resort, but hopefully the kids will be able to make it.

Okay, guys and gals, I believe that I have the roll call updated but I was so far behind that it's possible that I may have missed your dates. It wasn't intentional, I assure you. If I did miss you, please post again and I'll get you added.

Hi,
I think our dates were missed :) Can you please add us for October 2-16, 2015? Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this thread. It is fabulous!

Okay, guys and gals, I believe that I have the roll call updated but I was so far behind that it's possible that I may have missed your dates. It wasn't intentional, I assure you. If I did miss you, please post again and I'll get you added.

Yep missed me. ;)

5/31-6/7

Can you add me to the roll call for January 21-31? First time staying at CBR! I have no idea of the years but have also stayed at All Star Movies and Music, Port Orleans, and Swan and Dolphin. Very helpful posts in here for gathering information!

If we book a standard room for the end of May, is there a good chance we will get a queen bed room or is it a toss up?

You can add me! We will be there May 4th to 13th! Thanks!!

If we book a standard room for the end of May, is there a good chance we will get a queen bed room or is it a toss up?

Standard room would be pretty much 100% to get queen beds. They are almost done with all the buildings with standard rooms, and should be done by then (as the work permit for those rooms ends in April if I recall a post on the previous version of this thread correctly).

The only risk is if they want to "upgrade" you to a Pirate room.

Standard room would be pretty much 100% to get queen beds. They are almost done with all the buildings with standard rooms, and should be done by then (as the work permit for those rooms ends in April if I recall a post on the previous version of this thread correctly).

The only risk is if they want to "upgrade" you to a Pirate room.

Thanks a bunch! That makes our decision a lot easier. :)

Got in shortly after 10 last night.

Leave it to me to request what seems to be the least requested village - Barbados - and get assigned a room in Jamaica 46. Haha.

Of course ultimately it doesn't matter. My reasoning for Barbados is it is walkable from the Customs House. But I am here and the room is gorgeous!! (2nd floor corner king)

Thanks a bunch! That makes our decision a lot easier. :)

And even if they do try to "upgrade" you to a pirate room, you can always ask to be "downgraded". Can't always happen depending on how full the resort is and what time you arrive, but I have gotten them to "downgrade" me before.

Got in shortly after 10 last night.

Leave it to me to request what seems to be the least requested village - Barbados - and get assigned a room in Jamaica 46. Haha.

Of course ultimately it doesn't matter. My reasoning for Barbados is it is walkable from the Customs House. But I am here and the room is gorgeous!! (2nd floor corner king)

We stayed in Barbados before our Disney cruise and I really liked the location. Not too far of a walk to Old Port Royale and the location was really quiet. Enjoy your trip!

I updated the beach bum roll call this a.m. My apologies to those of you that I missed in the earlier update but you have been added now. Countin' down the days until we are back at the CBR for two whole weeks!

I updated the beach bum roll call this a.m. My apologies to those of you that I missed in the earlier update but you have been added now. Countin' down the days until we are back at the CBR for two whole weeks!

You've been doing a great job!

counting the days huh...think you will finish your trip report before you leave again? :)

Sigh...I know I will finish mine in plenty of time, and not be anywhere close to a pretrip report starting time...even if we do the cruise in 2016 and add a day or two in the parks...otherwise, it will be Dec 2019 before we will probably be back. Not sure I can take the wait.

I think we got missed in the update, but it was a while ago that we booked.

We will be there 1/22-1/28
Can't wait to end our vacation on a 'tropical' feel :cool1:

Hello all, I have stayed here a couple of times. Question:

which publix is closest to this resort? I get in after 11pm and will take the bus, but need to get a few items first day, by taxi. After shopping I will call for a pickup. I browse and don't want a time limit to run out. Thanks!:goodvibes
I cannot do an order ahead of time.

22 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter