Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to sound nit-picky, I am more curious, but reading your descriptions of the pool area and how the "quiet" pools aren't enforced....I thought "quiet pools" just meant there were no water features, jets, waterfalls, etc...not that you actually had to be "quiet" :confused3

Thanks again! Looks great!

Now that I know for sure that the rooms have interior doors, I would love to know what the "Lobby" for each building looks like. I heard that there may be mug filling stations inside each building or did they mean each section? A small food court in each section wouldn't be a bad idea IMHO.

The suites have interior doors, but not the LM rooms. I am hoping they all have mug filling stations as well.

Thanks for posting this..I'll be there 12/14 to 12/18(maybe the 19th) in a Little Mermaid room...

Thanks for creating this! I especially love the pictures, it's the first I've seen of the LK : ) we are staying there in November, seeing the pics makes me that much more excited!
So on the Disney website it shows each room having a coffemaker as well, not that it's a huge deal--but would be a lovely thing : )

Thanks for creating this! I especially love the pictures, it's the first I've seen of the LK : ) we are staying there in November, seeing the pics makes me that much more excited!
So on the Disney website it shows each room having a coffemaker as well, not that it's a huge deal--but would be a lovely thing : )

That is awesome for the suites, but rumor has it that there are no coffeemakers in the LM rooms. :(

Staying in the Cars suite for February 9-16. Hoping for Free dining to help offset the cost. Boys will have outgrown Cars by our next trip (plan on going every other year) and want to spend the extra $$ this trip to stay there. Should be a blast.

Question on the room requests - my understanding is that if we book a LM or a LK room, that is what we will get. Do you mean for requests to be in a certain building or on the second floor, or does that mean if we book a LM room we could be put in another themed room?
And who do we call to put in a building, floor requests?

Question on the room requests - my understanding is that if we book a LM or a LK room, that is what we will get. Do you mean for requests to be in a certain building or on the second floor, or does that mean if we book a LM room we could be put in another themed room?
And who do we call to put in a building, floor requests?

Since that would reqire them moving you to a room at more than twice the price, I don't think so.

Room requests would be like requesting a ground floor, or something overlooking the lake. They will accommodate these when possible, but even then sometimes can't.

Woohoo! A real AoA FAQ thread. Thanks a bunch! (insert dancing banana here - where'd it go?)

For the first time I noticed the divider curtain in LM has a scene on it. Nice! Can't come soon enough.

Excited to see this post. Thanks!! I agree that it is probably good to qualify the room requests because it is different than other resorts. The theme can be booked but any requests beyond that (ground floor etc...) are only requests. You can also just book a suite and be surprised with the theme.
Another item I would like to see is a listing of which buildings are which. For example, Cars building #2 is Luigi Casa Della Tires (I think).

Newbie here...first post actually.

We stayed at AoA in June, we were the first ones in the Cars suites..I will be happy to answer some questions.

There is a coffee maker in the rooms..it is a 2 cup at a time type, BUT mousekeeping did not do a good job of keeping the coffee stocked. I had to call to get more coffee..so if you are a heavy drinker (cough, me)..they are Cuisinart pods.

There is a door that separates the main bedroom from the living area..it is a heavy steel door that cancels out almost all noise from the front room.

The bathrooms have an annoying fan that comes on everytime you walk in there and stays on for an eternity.

There is no drink station in the Cars section that I saw. There are many vending machines by the pool/laundry area and in the lobby of each building.

You will need a room key to access the bathrooms by the cozy cone pool as they were locked when we were there and I had to go back and get my room key from the pool bag.

A twin size air mattress will fit in the master bedroom without moving anything around.

Great thread. We'll be there Dec. 7-10th - Lion King suite - then switching to BLT til 12/15/12. Can't wait. I would love to see a diagram of the buildings, i.e. the numbers of each suite in each building so we can request specific room with a Lake view for eg. :)

Great thread and thank you for starting this...

Don't forget to add the *Laundry* locations :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts