• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneymoon on the DDP

Day 3

We got the Typhoon Lagoon around 10:15 and DH was already hungry, and you do not make this man wait to eat. He gets very touchy and ill! So we just shopped in the gift shop for awhile, got our locker, took a look around and headed down to Typhoon Tilly's.

Lunch: Typhoon Tilly's

Just let me warn you, this place does not open one minute before 11:00!! We were there waiting and I was first in line.

Me and DH: Chicken Strips and Fries,Diet Cokes, one Minnie strawberry bar and one Mickey Head Ice Cream bar.

We didn't get our ice cream at this time, they give you a receipt if you want and you bring it back for your ice cream. We never actually went back to get ours.

The chicken strips and fries were very good. I almost got the chicken wrap, and after hearing the guy at the next table rave about how good it was, I think I should have gotten it. I had a major case of food envy. But the chicken strips were good, just normal chicken strips though.

Later in the day after swimming for a few hours we went to one of the waterside bars and DH had a beer and I had a Mai Tai. I don't know why I insist on trying to drink. I really don't like the taste of alcohol. I guess I just thought "I'm on vacation, Jamie has had several beers....I'm going to have a drink". Well I am more of a lots of fruit juice, light on the rum type of person and this was very heavy on the rum, which at $8 a glass, it should be. I couldn't get it down by itself, so Jamie and I got a hot dog to share. Thinking maybe if I had something to wash down I could tolerate the drink.
This hot dog was great!! Then about half way through it, Jamie dropped it on the sidewalk :mad: . Anyway, it didn't help cut the stongness of the drink, I couldn't finish it, so DH had too.

After this we were almost dry and it wasn't really a good water park day (cloudy windy....plus we have a really good water park near home), so we packed up, hit the bus and went back to the hotel.

Coming up- Pecos Bills and 'Ohana

Erica, ditto (as you mentioned on another thread) on the green beans. And we feel the same way about Le Cellier as you do.

Keep it coming. We used to live in Murfreesboro; DS was born there. Loved Tennessee!

RE alcohol ... you could always be the designated driver. Personally, a Coke or sweet tea just tastes better, but that's just me.:thumbsup2

Day 3 continued...
So we left TL and went back to the room to get showers and get ready for our dinner at 'Ohana. We were ready to go a about 4 hours before our ADR and since I had been in WDW since Sunday and hadn't been to MK yet.....
Yeah we jumped the bus to MK. While there DH decided he was hungry... even though we were eating alot of food in just 4 hours, he had to have something, and like I said before, he gets cranky when he gets hungry (and let me just say it may seem like he is eating alot, but he is 6'3" tall and maybe 200 lbs, it must all go in his legs :confused3 !). We went to Main Street Bakery, but didn't want to wait in that line, and since I had heard great things about Pecos Bill's and DH loves burgers, we headed to Frontierland.

Snack: Pecos Bill's
Me: chili cheese fries (with a snack credit). These were good. I added onions to them from the fixins bar. DH wound up finishing them.
DH: Cheeseburger and we shared a Diet Coke (we paid OOP for this). He enjoyed this as well, and after paying OOP for it he really appreciated the dining plan (which I know we paid for, but it really seems like you don't). DH loves burgers and he had several while we were at WDW. I don't think he would ever grow tired of them.

Also we came back through Adventure Land to ride POTC so after that ride even though dinner was even closer....I passed by the Dole Whip stand and yep you guessed it....there goes another snack credit

Snack: Dole Whip Stand
Me: Dole Whip Float- This was great. Yes, I have joined the millions of Dole Whip lovers on the DIS. I love Pineapple juice and the softserve was just as tasty!!

So we walked around MK some more and headed to the Poly via monorail.

Dinner: 'Ohana
First they brought out our salad and it was soooo goood. I loved the honey lime dressing. DH and I cleared the bowl of this (also DH got very into it here and called me cousin for the rest of the night). With the salad they brought the wontons. I like the peanut one the best, but I don't think DH liked any of them. Next they brought out the wings, the shrimp, the stir fry veggies, and the potatoes. We loved all of this. The wings were good and very messy, but that doesn't bother us. The shrimp had a very good flavor and were worth every bit of the work you had to do. We both really enjoyed the veggies and the potatoes were awesome!!! I think we had more of these. They were so cheesy and just had an unbelievable flavor. Then they started bringing around the meats on the sticks. We had the turkey, sausage, and steak. The sausage was good, but we don't really like sausage so I don't even know why we tried it :confused3 ?? The turkey was really good and not dry at all, and the steak.... Wow....Who knew that steak on a stick could taste sooo goood. It was cooked to about medium maybe a bit medium rare. You could cut it with the little butter knives that were at your table. Everything was kinda brought at the same time, but DH and I like eating this way, that way we don't fill up on the starters. If we go to a restaurant at home and he gets a salad with his steak, he saves it for when he gets his meal. I've heard some people say that this made them feel rushed, maybe we don't really get rushed, but we enjoyed having everything at once. After we had completely stuffed ourselves, they brought the dessert. It was this bananas foster bread pudding thing and oh my gosh....it was sooo good. Even though we were stuffed we cleaned the plate and if we would have had an ounce more room, we would have had another one! DH jokingly asked for one and our "cousin" said ok and started to get it, when I told her he was joking. She said it wasn't out of the ordinary to get more than one!! I wish I had one right now!! This meal is definately on our list of must do's for next year.

Congratulations!!!

Really enjoyed the reviews:thumbsup2 We too are Disneymooning at POFQ in just over 2 months and you have visited several restaurants that we have ADR's for so these are very helpful!

Wrapping up Day 3

Sorry it has been soooo long since I last posted! Work has kept me so busy!:mad:

Anyway, back to the food.

After 'Ohana, we went back into MK for the 11:00 Spectromagic parade. It was a little after 9, so we went on a few rides since the lines were short.

After the parade we went back to POFQ and got there just as the food court was trying to shut down. DH just had to have another cheesecake with fruit. I don't know where he thought he was going to put it. So we used a few more snack credits here.

Me: Pecan Pie- I wasn't hungry, but it looked really good and since we have a fridge in the room I thought I would save it for breakfast. I ate about half that night and it was very good, but I never finished it for breakfast.
DH: Cheesecake with strawberries, Diet Coke (shared). Well he pretty much licked the little paper plate clean. He loves cheesecake!

Day 4 coming up...

Day 4

We slept in a little today since we had a late night at MK.

We started the day by heading over to EE to get our FPs. Then we slowly made our way back around to Flame Tree. I had planned for months to eat here while we were at AK, but after DH and I got there, neither of us was really feeling BBQ so on around we went. It wasn't even 11 yet but DH was starving (note to self pack breakfast bars for the room!!). We were headed to Tusker House, but as we passed Pizzafari, DH suddenly got excited. We had not had pizza yet and I was happy to just get some food in him!!

Lunch: Pizzafari
Me: Pepperoni Pizza, Diet Coke, Frozen Lemonade
DH: Pepperoni Pizza, Diet Coke, Chocolate Cake, and a side of Breadsticks

This pizza was good, but just your common frozen pizza. I wish I would have gotten the Italian Meat Sandwich. DH loved it and of course ate all of his, I couldn't finish mine. DH loved his chocolate cake, I however do not like frozen lemonade- which I always thought I would....Oh well lesson learned

We only spent part of the day here. I was itching to get to DTD. So we left AK, hopped a bus to AKL, to hop a bus to DTD.

We shopped for a few hours, then hopped the bus to the Contemporary for our dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Dinner: Chef Mickey's
We checked in a little early and were seated really quickly. This was the only place were service was lacking. Our drinks went unfilled for a long long time. We had to ask someone who was not our waiter to get our waiter.
So on with the food. I will try to remember what all we had.
I know we started with salads. I thought the salad bar was good, plus after eating pretty heavy foods all week, a salad was nice. I also had the potatoe corn chowder which was good, but not too warm, I like my soup to be "burn the taste buds off" hot. As for the hot food, I had ham, some sort of pasta, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese off the kids bar. DH might have had prime rib, not sure at this point. I am sure both of us tried a little of everything. There wasn't really anything spectacular on the dessert bar, I think we both had cheesecake.

All in all it was ok. We would be back just for the characters if nothing else.

Wow great reviews! I'm glad you liked 'Ohana, we loved it last time and cannot wait to go back. Congratulations!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for all the kind words!! I'm glad to see that someone is reading!!

Wow great reviews! I'm glad you liked 'Ohana, we loved it last time and cannot wait to go back. Congratulations!!! :goodvibes

We are going back June 2008 with my step-daughter and my little sister, and we are already making plans.... It's probably too soon, but I like to plan!! DH said he didn't care what all our plans included, as long as they included 'Ohana and Le Cellier!!

Thanks for sharing your reviews! Congratulations on your wedding.

Day 5

This was MK day. We walked around a bit and ate lunch early at Cosmic Rays, it seems like they were open before 11.

Lunch: Cosmic Rays
Me: Double cheeseburger, fries, carrot cake, and diet coke. I loaded my burger down with mushrooms and onions from the fixins bar and it was good! This was a good meal, but for me it's just theme park burger and fries, but everytime that I asked DH what he wanted to eat he replied with "I want a burger". (Thank goodness on the next trip my sister is going and she doesn't really want to do all the time either!)
DH: Double cheesebuger, fries, chocolate cake, and diet coke. He apparently enjoyed his burger because he ate everything!!

Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe
Me and DH: We both had the skillet here.
We started with coleslaw, salad w/ apple vinagrette, and corn bread. The salad was really good, but I don't think as good as 'Ohana.
With the skillet we got pulled pork, ribs, chicken, baked beans, mashed potatoes, pork sausage, and corn on the cob.
I really liked the pork and the ribs. The sausage was more of breakfast sausage and it didn't quite fit to me. The baked beans were great as were the mashed potates. I didn't like the chicken, because I think it had the skin on it and I don't do chicken skin, but DH like it. We got refills on a few things. I'm thinking mashed potatoes, ribs and beans (DH talked about them the whole meal, but he had awful heart burn all night afterward and said he tasted them all night...)

This meal was very good, we were not in the main dining room, so we didn't see anything crazy going on. It was very nice though to be setting in a quite area with a great view of the lodge.

For dessert:
Me:Cinnamon Tortilla- This was really good, and not too heavy after the big meal we had just had.
DH: Chocolate cake- He really liked it, but he really likes all chocolate cake. He got chocolate cake all week (if he wasn't getting cheesecake). He had fun comparing the different chocolate curls each place had on top of the cakes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter